“This hotel made my anniversary one to remember.”

Baymont Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge
Ranked #27 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Me and my husband stay at this beautiful hotel for our honeymoon and wanted ti stay here for our anniversary. They had switched from mountain trace to baymont and with that change came amazing changes. All of the rooms had been completely redone. And the quality if their staff from front desk to management to housekeeping was amazing. They truly know the meaning of hometown hospitality like they say they so. I would definitely reccommend this hotel to everyine.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Avidtraveler69
Management response:Responded July 1, 2012

Happy Anniversary! Thank you for choosing to spend that special time with us. Yes we have remodeled the hotel and we are still making changes so we can make our guests feel right at home. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to yur next stay.

There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge

Reviewed June 27, 2012

We were very pleased to see this hotel changes so much within a year of seeing it before the new owners took over and upgraded it.
The rooms are very nice and clean - new cabinets, new bedding, etc..
Very nice and polite stuff - we will stop by again in July in Pigeon Forge and we will stay at this hotel definitively.
See you soon ;-)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Hello, Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us here in our beautiful Smoky Mountains.
Our Baymont has been completely remodeled, all new furniture, bedding, flat screen tv's, wi-fi, large variety complimentary breakfast, indoor and outdoor pools, and so much more. We appreciate and take seriously every guest comment and suggestion we receive, afterall, we are making the changes to make your next stay even better than the last. Have a wonderful summer from all your new friends at Baymont Inn & Suites, in beautiful Pigeon Forge, TN....

Reviewed June 24, 2012

We travel to Pigeon Forge area minimum of 3x a year and this place will be our stop each time! The staff is absolutly amazing - they do go out of their way to make your stay comfortable! The rooms have been renovated and I love the new bedding - oh and lets not forget the most important thing - the rooms are CLEAN!

Our little one enjoyed both pools - yes, the outdoor pool is small, but we still enjoyed it.

The fact that this hotel is pet friendly is a HUGE plus for us as we always travel with our dog and she enjoys her stay as well.

The hotel is located right by light number 3 - it's easy to get into the hotel, there are plenty of things to do and see here and of course plenty of restaurants as well.

Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Welcome to our Baymont family, we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very fortunate to have a wonderful staff that cares so much about our guests. Thank you for choosing to stay with Baymont Inn & Suites. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to your next visit. Enjoy the summer!

Reviewed June 24, 2012

My family and I stayed here from June 16th thru and 21st. With sooo many choices in this town, I tried to save money on a hotel to spend more on the kids. The nightly rate was 55.99 and 314 (with taxes) for our stay of 5 nights. I could not have been happier. The room was great for our family and being on the 3rd floor we awoke to see the mountains every day. You are with in walking distance of many things to make to stay so easy. Kroger is 1 minutes to the right, a great diner across the road and 2 gas staions to the left. You can walk to about 6-10 places to eat (maybe more) with in about 3-5 minutes. No way Jose's has great Mexican just aroung the block. I could carry on about the area, but this should be about the hotel. The staff was very pleasant and offered help when ever asked. There are 2 pools (1 out and 1 indoor) They say the out side one closed at 11pm, but I saw many people out after that having a good time. Rooms have a nice fridge for snacks and stuff for the kids. The room was very clean and no issues I saw. Housekeeping was a bit slow with towels for the room, but hey they can only do so much. The only bad complaint I had and it not really that bad was the breakfast area. Not many choices, but when it is free and my room is 55 a night, and can't really complain. We ate there twice and the other days enjoyed the MANY other pancakes house in the area. I would highly recommand this hotel if you are on a buget and even if you are not. Why spend a ton just for a place to sleep and be gone all day.

Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. We are delighted to hear that you and your family had a good vacation. We look forward to your next visit to our Smoky Mountain area. Have a wonderful summer.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

My husband, two sons (10 and 6 years old), and I decided to stay at Baymont Inn & Suites based on price as well as photos and reviews found online. We visited June 12-14, 2012. We paid $157.12 for two nights. The hotel is just off the main strip at light #3 next to Mel's Diner. The sign for the hotel is just tied over top of an old sign. Apparently the hotel was owned by someone else in the past.

We arrived in Pigeon Forge early in the day. By 1:45 pm we needed to relax a little before visiting Dollywood. We wanted to see if we could check in early as check in isn't suppose to be until 3 pm. They did allow us to and placed us on the 2nd floor. The young man at check in was very friendly and helpful.

As soon as we pulled into the parking lot to unload our stuff, the boys were disappointed. The outside pool is extremely small and in very bad condition. The cement in the kiddie pool is crumbling though the water was clean. Later we found the the indoor pool was larger, but was in no better condition. It was almost green and the room is very poorly lit. Ventilation was horrible. It is bad when the pool room even smells dirty. The hot tub or spa as they called it was maybe large enough for one adult and did not work.

The luggage wracks were old and filthy as were most of the grounds and walkways. A broom, pressure washer, and some clorox would work wonders on this place.

All of us had a very bad impression before we even got to the room. I was ready to leave, to be honest. Surprisingly, the room was clean. The young man at the check-in desk said the hotel had been remodeled this year. They may have updated the and furniture and paint, but the fridge, micro, phone, iron, hair dryer, and bathroom were out of date. The phone didn't tell us the phone number to the room or how to contact the front desk for a wake-up call. However the beds were pretty comfortable and we had lots of pillows. Four per bed, to be exact. Had I not made my reservations by phone and paid by debit card, I would probably have asked for a refund before we made it into the room. After seeing that the room was clean, I felt a little better about the situation. Even though I was upset that the kids couldn't swim, the price was ok for a clean room. I've paid a lot more and found the rooms a lot worse in several of the local hotels. No bed bugs or any other creepy crawlers. Trust me I checked.

The bathroom wasn't new, but it was functional and there was plenty of pressure and hot water for showers. They provided soap and shampoo too if you need them. We didn't use them as we bring our own.

There was a coffee pot in the room, but the coffee packs they gave you to use in the pot didn't fit inside. It was much too big. My husband was a little disappointed with that as well.

The hotel advertises free wifi, but it didn't work at all in the rooms. I had to sit on the deck area to get any connection at all and even then it would continuously go in and out. Very frustrating.

Our family doesn't like staff in our room at any hotel when we are not there especially if the room doesn't have a safe (and it doesn't). It was very hard to get the cleaning lady to understand that we just needed clean towels and did not need our room clean as I believe she spoke very little English. We ended up leaving the Do Not Disturb sign up the entire stay.

The hotel was very quiet. We didn't hear anyone beside, above, or below us and the rooms were occupied. This was a very good thing. The air conditioner worked well and they had black out curtains. These things along with comfortable beds equaled great sleep.

Breakfast was your basic continental. Three types of cold cereal, oatmeal, apples, milk, bagels, toast, orange and apple juice. They did also have waffles and syrup which some place do not offer. However they didn't have sausage, gravy, biscuits, or eggs like most do there. The room was clean though small and the food was good. The staff the first day was friendly, but the second day the lady just seemed annoyed.

The lady at the front desk when we checked out wasn't friendly, but answered all the questions I had.

I guess you get what you pay for. If I were coming on a trip with my children, I would not come back to this hotel. However if they cleaned up the walkways, my husband and I would stay here alone again. Things don't have to be new to be functional. But I do like things to be very clean.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
BaymontDOS, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

Thank you so much for your review, we appreciate all our guests' comments & suggestions. It helps us to know what we are doing right and what we may need to change to better serve our guests.
Yes we are remodeling the hotel. We, of course, want the very best for our guests and we strive to make things better for our guests on a daily basis.
We are delighted to know that you found the new bedding and new furniture to your liking. I understand that the wi-fi going in and out can cause frustration, I do apologize.
We will be adding more items to our breakfast as we are finishing up remodeling, we certainly hope that you will come back and stay with us and see how we are coming with the remodeling.
Have a wonderful summer.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

My family and I were in Bristol for our dad's funeral and we decided to stay in pigeon forge on our way home to Henderson, TN. We stayed at this hotel and was very pleased with our accomodations. The rooms were spacious and they were very clean, everything worked, beds were comfortable and had no signs of anything in there other than us and our personal belongings. The clerk that checked us in was very knowledgeable and welcomed us as if he were welcoming his own family. We went to the outdoor pool and the area was very clean and then as the outside temperature was getting cooler, we went to the indoor heated pool and had a blast. It was a good release of all the anxieties we had experienced during the death of our dad. Thank you guys so much for serving others in the manner you do. God has called us to serve others, and you guys are amazing!

Room Tip: I will definitely be takin my family here from now on.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
BaymontDOS, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Thank you for your kind words. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. The staff and management would like to offer our prayers to get you and your family through the loss of your father. Believe and he will give you the strength you need...........

Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

My family of four which include a 10 and 16 yr old just returned from a week in Pigeon Forge and this hotel was not only perfectly located but also had a great price. We had a 2 queen bedroom. Maid service was great and even offered extra towels. The free breakfast was good and they have great coffee. Front desk was very friendly. Outside pool was very nice. Indoor pool is very large and the only complaint is that the spa or hottub never really worked right. This place is very clean and all you need. Will return

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank TLSgaPeach37
Carolmaroll, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

Dear valued guest, thank you for choosing to stay with us at Baymont Inn & Suites in Pigeon Forge. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. We look forward to your next visit and we hope it is soon.