“Great cabin rental in wooded setting!”

Twin Mountain Inn & Suites
Ranked #39 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Florida
“Great cabin rental in wooded setting!”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We spent three nights in Wears Valley (Little Honey Bear, #9) and highly recommend it if you want peace and quiet. It's located a short distance to a Kroger grocery store and all the attractions but tucked in a small mountain community. The cabin is one large room, and adequate for 2 -- appliances and furnishings are a little dated, but functional - the bed was very comfortable. A relaxing hot tub and rocking chairs are provided on back porch. The staff at Twin Mountain was very helpful and professional. A tip if you are visiting in the winter, choose a low lying cabin, as the road in/out is pretty steep and subject to icing.

Room Tip: They have a wide variety of cabins to choose from.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
sparta, t
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We really enjoy staying at phase II. We are a frequent quests and have always had excellent rooms. We usually stay in the suite overlooking the creek. The rooms are always clean. The hotel is a little older but we like it because it is off the main road which gives extra privacy.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Staff very nice and helpful, our room was VERY clean, had everything we needed in our room, great value! Location was great, near Dollywood and up into the mountains. Had view from balcony of the Little Pigeon River and could hear the flow of the river. It is an older property but it seemed well maintained, carpet looked new and had ceramic tile in bathroom area and a section of linoleum in the kitchen area. All around just perfect for our anniversary get away! Loved it and will be back in the future!

• Stayed August 2013
London, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed here from 08-02-13 thru 08-04-13. The room was nice and clean but here was the bad part. When we arrived we were told that the room we had reserved had already been taken. Luckily we got the ast room that was available and it was like the room we reserved so not that big of a deal. The major problem was Saturday when we went to dollywood with the kids. We left around 1030 and returned around 7 oclock. We went to the room and noticed that the door was cracked open. I went inton the room and no one was inside. I went down to the front desk and the lady that was working was very polite and understanding and told me to go over to the main office and talk to a guy by the name of Jerry. I went over to talk to him and he acted like he could care less. His response was "well at least nothing was taken". After walking around dollywood all day with the wife and kids that didn't set very well with me. I asked him if I could speak to the general manager. He gave me a card and told me that she would be in at 7 oclock Sunday morning. I was at the office at 7 oclock the next morning and was told that the general manager was not in yet but she would call me when she arrived and last night was jerrys last night. I guess thats why he didn't care. Its now Monday at 1130 and I still havent heard from the manager. We left both cell phones and noone has called. I will never be back and I will make sure and tell everyone I can about the service (or lack there of) we had while staying at this place. My cell phone number is 606-682-2094 if anyone wants to verify this with me.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
9 Thank Christy L
Crothersville, Indiana
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Loved it! We had two rooms - one for myself and my son, and one for my parents and brother. We requested first floor rooms close together which was easily accommodated. Beautiful views of the creek behind us (phase 2 building) and we had ducks, squirrels, and geese (27 one morning) to visit each morning.

As an added bonus, we were given coupons for free breakfast each morning at Smoky Mountain Pancake House - my daughter's favorite. You get your choice of three pancakes, biscuits & gravy, oatmeal or grits with toast, or $1 off any other breakfast item on the menu. Coffee was included in the breakfast, but other drinks you would need to purchase.

A second bonus was the daily attraction tickets that were also free. We received a voucher card at check in (one per room) that entitled us to daily free admission to Ripley's Aquarium, a 5 activity pass from Lazerpoint Fun Center (which we found could be used at several go cart tracks around Pigeon Forge), and a free round at Old McDonald Golf near Tanger Five Oaks. This was a huge value to us (though I have no desire to see another go cart any time soon!)

Rooms were clean, pool area was small but nice, and staff was more than friendly! Highly recommend this place! In fact, my mother made the comment it was the best hotel she'd been in and we would be staying here again next time we visit.

Room Tip: Ask for Phase 2 - great views of the creek and we had ducks, geese, and squirrels every morning!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank RitaFaye94
Arkadelphia, Alabama, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The dates of our stay were from June 17-20 2013. My dad, (we were in room 231) rented a room in Phase 1 for 3 nights. He made the reservation and was called back the same night and was told that the computer messed up his credit card number so that the room was not reserved. Later on we think what happened is the guy named Brandon who typed it in the computer did so incorrectly and therefore we lost the room that we had requested to someone else. This is just what we think may have happened. Not sure.
There were 3 of us. My parents and myself (23) on this trip. My family and I have stayed in this same hotel or one of their other properties in the past without issue but not so this trip. Probably at least 7 times we have stayed that this same Twin Mountain brand of motels etc. The place has gone downhill in terms of service and common courtesy. My father requested a room with two beds. When we arrived at the place we had a bed and a pull out couch. My dad immediately called over and told them that we had requested a room with two beds and asked to have the room changed. He was transferred to another lady who was supposedly the "manager." She said (and I quote) "We don't guarantee beds." (We have NEVER been told this before at this property. Might I ask what the point of a reservation is then? Why not just take a chance like Russian roulette and get a room upon arrival next time, perhaps?) Anyway, then she said you have TWO choices. You can switch to the regular hotel or stay in the room you are in. We can discount the rate for your stay if you stay in this room you are in or comp you for admissions to some attractions. My dad asked, "Can I call you back in 5 minutes?" She said, "You can't call me back, I am going to a funeral." She was quite rude! I am sorry that she was going to a funeral and for her loss but she didn't have to be rude about it. My dad then explained that the reason he needed two beds was because we had 3 adults. If it had been 2 adults and a child it might have been different but I'm 23. She then said," I'm 30 and I've slept on those just fine." She laughed.
Everyone in my family has slept on them at some point in time however, we didn't pay that rate to stay on a sleeper sofa. We wanted beds. We told her we would stay in the room we were in and she could just discount our rate like she had said. She said she could send extra blankets for the bed. I received no extra blankets and SHE DID NOT reduce the rate. Which she said she would do right then! This was a week ago so I think if she reduced the rate right then it would have shown up by now? We are very disappointed in this once much loved location and property. The location and inside of the place is still great as was the cleaning service but the MANAGEMENT needs much better training and people skills. People come on vacation to relax not be hassled about room types and typographical errors in credit card numbers.

The Cates Family
Alabama

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank Monica C
Alabama
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Twin Mountain, Phase II is behind Dixie Stampede (diagonally). It's far enough off the Parkway that it is fairly quiet and peaceful with balconies directly on the water. But it is close enough to the Parkway to still be able to walk to several restaurants and attractions. The outside is nice enough, but the inside seems to be stuck in the 1980's (floral wall paper, etc). The room was very clean and fairly spacious with two separate sinks (one in the bathroom and one just outside it). However, there was no microwave, hair dryer or iron/ironing board. The tv was older and the beds, as noted in several other reviews, were firm...but by the second night we slept well. No free breakfast on site, and the choices for "free" breakfast at a nearby pancake house are limited. Breakfast isn't completely free if you drink anything besides water. However the three pancakes were large and more than an average appetite would want. The biscuits/gravy comes with 2 biscuits.... So plenty to fill you up. There is a pool, but don't expect Olympic size or heated water. Staff and check-in was great. So, Overall, we have mixed feelings about staying here again. Really wish they would invest in updating the interior.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family