“Management lied to us. We may not be back here.”

Twin Mountain Inn & Suites
Ranked #31 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The dates of our stay were from June 17-20 2013. My dad, (we were in room 231) rented a room in Phase 1 for 3 nights. He made the reservation and was called back the same night and was told that the computer messed up his credit card number so that the room was not reserved. Later on we think what happened is the guy named Brandon who typed it in the computer did so incorrectly and therefore we lost the room that we had requested to someone else. This is just what we think may have happened. Not sure.
There were 3 of us. My parents and myself (23) on this trip. My family and I have stayed in this same hotel or one of their other properties in the past without issue but not so this trip. Probably at least 7 times we have stayed that this same Twin Mountain brand of motels etc. The place has gone downhill in terms of service and common courtesy. My father requested a room with two beds. When we arrived at the place we had a bed and a pull out couch. My dad immediately called over and told them that we had requested a room with two beds and asked to have the room changed. He was transferred to another lady who was supposedly the "manager." She said (and I quote) "We don't guarantee beds." (We have NEVER been told this before at this property. Might I ask what the point of a reservation is then? Why not just take a chance like Russian roulette and get a room upon arrival next time, perhaps?) Anyway, then she said you have TWO choices. You can switch to the regular hotel or stay in the room you are in. We can discount the rate for your stay if you stay in this room you are in or comp you for admissions to some attractions. My dad asked, "Can I call you back in 5 minutes?" She said, "You can't call me back, I am going to a funeral." She was quite rude! I am sorry that she was going to a funeral and for her loss but she didn't have to be rude about it. My dad then explained that the reason he needed two beds was because we had 3 adults. If it had been 2 adults and a child it might have been different but I'm 23. She then said," I'm 30 and I've slept on those just fine." She laughed.
Everyone in my family has slept on them at some point in time however, we didn't pay that rate to stay on a sleeper sofa. We wanted beds. We told her we would stay in the room we were in and she could just discount our rate like she had said. She said she could send extra blankets for the bed. I received no extra blankets and SHE DID NOT reduce the rate. Which she said she would do right then! This was a week ago so I think if she reduced the rate right then it would have shown up by now? We are very disappointed in this once much loved location and property. The location and inside of the place is still great as was the cleaning service but the MANAGEMENT needs much better training and people skills. People come on vacation to relax not be hassled about room types and typographical errors in credit card numbers.

The Cates Family
Alabama

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Monica C

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Twin Mountain, Phase II is behind Dixie Stampede (diagonally). It's far enough off the Parkway that it is fairly quiet and peaceful with balconies directly on the water. But it is close enough to the Parkway to still be able to walk to several restaurants and attractions. The outside is nice enough, but the inside seems to be stuck in the 1980's (floral wall paper, etc). The room was very clean and fairly spacious with two separate sinks (one in the bathroom and one just outside it). However, there was no microwave, hair dryer or iron/ironing board. The tv was older and the beds, as noted in several other reviews, were firm...but by the second night we slept well. No free breakfast on site, and the choices for "free" breakfast at a nearby pancake house are limited. Breakfast isn't completely free if you drink anything besides water. However the three pancakes were large and more than an average appetite would want. The biscuits/gravy comes with 2 biscuits.... So plenty to fill you up. There is a pool, but don't expect Olympic size or heated water. Staff and check-in was great. So, Overall, we have mixed feelings about staying here again. Really wish they would invest in updating the interior.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank alabamabeachgal
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is our second time staying at phase 2 of the property. The room was clean and right on the river. The only thing I could recommend for this property is a little TLC. The pool was clean, but needed a little elbow grease on the corners and the tiles (missed spots). The exterior needed a little sprucing with paint. The carpet in the room needed vacuumed around the corners and edges (and behind furniture) The linens needed to be updated (sheets are a little worn, but clean), the wallpaper needed to be maintained....starting to peel (typical aging, but can turn a guess away) and the balconies could use a good pressure wash. All the these I have mention are minor and did not take away from the great experiences we have had at the property. I just do not want this place to run down and drizzle away like other places I used to stay. I would like for this place to stay nice and open for many years to come. If you want a clean and quiet time I could recommend phase 2.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is our 2nd time staying with TMountain, and the accomdations are nice and big with the bedrooms being divide with the bathroom in between it is nice for couples, note there are no doors between the bedrooms. The room we stayed in this time is starting to show a little wear (wallpaper peeling,bedding faded etc)
and it also did not have a microwave just a refridgator, and the TV is the old style, but we did
not stay in room much so it did not matter to us. It was not in bad enough shape for us to complain nor not stay here again.. Really nice location near all the main attractions and very quite really like the balcony overlooking the river ~

Room Tip: Lower Floor has better river sounds.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I've stayed in numerous hotels in their "wheelchair/handicap" accessible rooms. This was our first time staying with TM we were in phase 2 and I being in a wheelchair full time was not happy with the vanity and bathroom accomadations. The front lip on the sink is far to low to get under with a wheelchair so thankfully I'm of the ability that I can lean forward to reach the sink, unfortunately without a waterproof pad drapped from my chest to my feet I was soaking my clothes and shoes just to wash my face. Never have I stayed in a "handicap" room that didn't have safety bars at the toilet or around the bathtub! So, if this was their version of a "handicap" room they need to visit some others such as Best Westren Plaza and Holiday Inn Express to get it right. We were in room 309. And trust me when I made the reservations I was told I was getting a "wheelchair/handicap" room. Beds were hard and had flat pillows on them as well.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Doris B
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a nice hotel. It sits between 2 RV parks but not really a problem. Nice and peaceful. Just off main drag and that makes it nice. The rooms are large and it is nice to have two bedrooms. All rooms have balconies that overlook the pigeon river. When the river is high it is really nice. We had 4 squirrels and 1 pair of ducks and 1 mommy duck and 4 babies that we fed and enjoyed watching. When you check in make sure you ask for a hair dryer, because they are not in the rooms. You have to request a microwave and make sure they put it in the computer or the request will not be honored. When I made reservations several weeks in advance, I requested a microwave, but we never got one. The only thing I really did not like is the fact that the TV's are small and outdated. Too the owner: UPDATE YOUR TVS. When a new clerk is at the reservation desk, make sure a seasoned employee is with her. Several mistakes made when we checked in, but resolved.

Room Tip: All rooms have views of river. there are 5 floors, we stayed on the 4th and enjoyed it. I would like...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dmc6211
Reviewed April 9, 2013

we have been staying at twin mt for years now an we find it very comfortable and we love being by the river at either location .1 location is located behind Dixie Stampede an the other that has kitchenettes and remolded is just across the river,both are real nice and reasonably priced.Looking forward to this weekend there as we go at least twice a year.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Arbors at Island Landing Hotel & Suites
Wild Bear Inn
Wild Bear Inn
#59 of 92 in Pigeon Forge

Been to Twin Mountain Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!