“Authentic Cuban Food!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Dining on a budget, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Authentic Cuban Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Food was excellent, authentic, good service, casual, good prices! We would definitely go back! We are from Florida and have Cuban food all the time. This was great !

A TripAdvisor Member
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had their sandwiches and they were so great! By far the best cuban I've ever had! My sister wanted to take the cook home, so he could make our food. Haha! The fried plantains were a perfect blend of sweet, soft, and crispy! I recommend this restaurant to everyone!

Louisville, Kentucky
“Amazing!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We found this place by accident when faced with a huge wait at another place. We were not at all disappointed. It doesn't look like much, but don't be fooled. The food was GREAT. was my first try at Cuban cuisine so I didn't know what to order. The waitress was very helpful and her recommendations were spot on. If I ever get back to the area I will eat here again. The prices were very reasonable and we both left full and happy.

• 3 of 5 stars
KY
“Enjoyed the food, not the wait.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We travel to the Pigeon Forge area several times a year, and grew tired of the "pancake" experience a while ago. We were definitely pleased to find this alternative to the pancake experience common to the area.

You can hardly go wrong with the hole-in-the-wall establishments in the tourist traps areas!
The menu included all those items unique of true Cuban restaurants.
I am a native of Central America, and the meats, black bleans, rice, and plantains did remind me of home cooking.

What does go wrong sometimes with this kind of places is the wait.
We were unfortunate enough to show right after a large table of 8 was being seated. The single waitress did her best to expedite the orders in a friendly manner, but we had to wait over an hour from the time we got there to the time our food showed up. Then I still got the wrong meat with my order (I decided to leave it as is, as it was very good), and later realized we did not receive one of the side items we ordered.

I would definitely go back. But if the place is half-full or more I would leave and try it again when it is not as crowded.

• 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank delaceiba
Savannah, Georgia
“Definitely eat here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Our family of 4 dined at this restaurant last night. Great food. Reasonable prices and good service. Has a real family feel. Casual, come as you are.