“Family Stays Frequently”
Review of Oakmont Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pigeon Forge
Oakmont Resort
Ranked #48 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Oneida, TN
“Family Stays Frequently”
Reviewed July 18, 2008

My mother-in-law is a RCI time share owner of a unit t Oakmont since 1990. The family vacations here every summer. We rent additional units to accomodate all of us. We also drop in occassionaly for an couple day stay. This place is wonderful. It is an older resort but is continually being updated. They have a clean pool, kiddie pool, playground, indoor and outdoor hottub, sauna, outdoor grills, shuffleboard, picnic tables, horseshoes, and a putting green! They have movies and board games available live music on Tuesdays. A wonderful commens area with computers includes a toddler play area with toy boxes. The rooms are super clean and include a kitchen, DVD/VCR, stereo, iron and board, laundry basket, vacuum, two TVs and a jetted tub. Laundry available. Staff is great. ALL Pigeon Forge attractions are so close. The kids of all ages LOVE our stay here. I highly reccomend Oakmont Resort.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank VetteKween

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
White House TN
Reviewed June 12, 2008

As an owner for over 22 years I have seen my little resort grow. I can understand how non owners might be a little disappointed with an exchange to oakmont. We are a very simple resort. If you are looking for high end amenities we do not have them. If you are looking for valet type services we do not have them. If you are looking for a place to come to an relax we are 'IT'. I have exchanged many times in the past and have only been satisfied one time. We attempt to visit Oakmont as many times as we can get outside of our purchased time. We own three other time shares outside of Oakmont all of which have far more amenities than Oakmont none of them give us the pure pleasure that we experience at Oakmont. Additionally our maintenance fees are very modest, even for the lack of high end amenities. Finally the staff at Oakmont are just hard working people who live in the area. For those who do not wish to come to Oakmont thanks, that just leaves that amount of time available for those of us who love to come back.

• Liked — Comfortable
  • Disliked — Indoor Pool
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Indiana
Reviewed May 23, 2008

We arrived at the resort on Saturday afternoon and was greeted by a friendly clerk who had everything in order and handed me the two keys to the room. We are owners and this was our first visit. We stayed a week and enjoyed every bit of it. We went to our room and found it to be clean and neat. It was a one bedroom type timeshare. The furniture and kitchen appliances were very nice and everything worked fine even though the kitchen area is small. Televisions in the livingroom and bedroom and a stereo CD/Radio player as well as a DVD/VHS tape player. It is not fancy but is very comfortable and friendly. It is close enough to all of the attractions to be handy but far enough away to not be in the middle of traffice mess. We used the outside grills as well as the indoor and outdoor pools. One morning they had a community pancake and sausage breakfast as well as other activities all week long. There are lots of swings and play areas for toddlers along with an outside kiddie pool. They have scheduled tours, a DVD library, and playroom for toddlers. The pools are for "adults only" after 10:00 pm which was nice.

We are very satisfied with our visit and ownership of this resort and plan on returning every year for as long as we can.

• Liked — Clean, relaxing atmosphere
  • Disliked — Small kitchen
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank IndianaOutsider
Virginia
Reviewed March 19, 2008

March 2008
I have booked one week to stay and already paid. So we went up early to make sure we had a ground floor and to check everything out, do to handicap, the people were rude and had put us on the 3rd floor did not want to help us in any way . and said they could not do anything for us .Well if you are going to treat me that way and I have not even stayed at the resort, then how are they going to treat you when you get their.I would say this is probably the worst hotel we have ever been to

• Disliked — the staff was rude and unfriendly
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
4 Thank taylor48
MissS419
Reviewed February 11, 2008

I travel with my parents ( I'm 18) who are owners and we are very pleased with each and every experience. While not as fancy and classy as other resorts we've been to, this is my all time favorite.

Let's start with location. It is EXCELENT!! Everything is so close. Alot of restaurants, shopping, family fun (go karts, putt putt, horse back riding, helicopter tours) , ice cream shops, the dixie stampede (you gotta go there) and a whole lotta relaxation. Gatlinburg is the best place to go for shopping and sight seeing, and is only a 15 minute drive up the mountain, or you can always take the trolley which is always fun. If you are a fisherman or woman you must visit Douglas Lake. It is about a 40 minute drive but well worth it. They rent fishing boats, pontoons, and jet skis. Very fun and not too expensive. All in all the location is prime for doing many things. Traffic is hectic but that is to be expected in a tourist attracted city,

Next is the Rooms and appearance of the resort.. As I said in the bigining it is not a fancy place. Rather a relaxing home away from home. The rooms are cozy and clean. I don't like the carpet. It is a green and i don't care for green carpet. Both bedrooms are nice and the beds are comfy. Firm yet soft at the same time. I would not recommend the sofa sleeper bed to anyone. It hurts my back. Both bathrooms are clean and the master bthroom has the jacuzzi jets in the tub for an extra relaxing bath. The kitchen is small, but it is do-able and it gets the job done.
The resort does not have an elevator but each building only has 3 floors. The indor pool has been redone and looks alot better. The jacuzzi finally works! The outdoor pool area has added an outdoor hot tub. Its small tho. They have an excercise room, childrens play area and put put on site.

I've been coming here since I was akid and I really like it. I've never had a bad experience. Everything considered I'd recommend this to anyone. Especially to the person that like sto get out and do things. Hope this was helpful

• Liked — The location and area attraction
  • Disliked — The grren carpet and the traffic
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank MissS419
lasning, mi
Reviewed February 6, 2008

My family and I stayed at the Oakmont Resort in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, during the second week of June, 2007. We had traded our regular time share week in Orlando to spend the week at the Oakmont Resort.

On June 8, 2007, we arrived and checked in late in the evening, after dark. We did not attempt to access the internet until about noon the next day. However, in doing so, we discovered that in order to access the dial-up service located within our unit, we would be required to rearrange heavy furniture because the couch blocked the phone connection. Preferring not to move heavy furniture, I decided to locate the wireless internet access.
None of the three ladies who worked behind the counter in the Guest Services Office had any idea where I could find wireless internet access, but they suggested that I check with the Activities Director, whose office was located in yet a different building.

When I arrived at the office of the Activities Director, I was told by the lady working in that office that she had no idea where I could gain wireless internet access. However, she suggested that I inquire at the Check-In office.

I had just been routed full circle. I had spoken with five different employees in three different offices, and not one of them knew something as basic as where the wireless internet access was located. That overall level of incompetence stunned me.

The woman working in the Activities Director’s office explained that she was relatively new, that she’d been employed for only a week. Despite that, I believe that my inquiry was so basic that even an employee of only one week’s standing should have known that.

Finally, I learned where the wireless internet access was located by asking another guest, given that none of the employees with whom I had spoken could help me.

The overall level incompetence and inconsiderateness of the staff continued to underwhelm us during our stay there. For example, that week some carpenters worked on the deck in which the outdoor swimming pool was contained. While I applaud any effort to upgrade the physical amenities, I question why the circular saws needed to be making so much noise at 7:30 am. We were awakened at 7:30 am on at least two mornings by the sounds of construction work being undertaken. Waiting until at least 9:00 am before firing up power tools would have been more considerate.

Despite their much-too-early-in-the-morning beginning, at least the construction workers who worked in the pool area were willing to work, unlike the cleaning ladies who sat in plastic chairs outside the entrance to our unit for an hour at a time, puffing on their cigarettes. During those smoke-in sessions, every time we entered or exited our unit, we had to pass through a haze of cigarette smoke.

Notwithstanding the problems with the staff , the unit itself was the worst we’ve ever stayed in. The beds were overly soft. There was no television in the second bedroom. The television in the master bedroom was so old (similar to something out of the 1970’s) that it had those old-fashioned knobs. In the master bathroom, the sink and the toilet were both white, despite the bathtub being blue. The towels were so threadbare that one could almost see through them. The refrigerator was so old that the chrome inside the freezer was peeling off in flakes. For good measure, that wall paper was coming off the walls in a couple of places. It should have all come off all the way, and stayed off.

Stayed June 2007
4 Thank liketotravel2008
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed January 24, 2008

We stayed here through RCI- units clean and housekeeping
nice- but otherwise poor experience. The management did
not come in one day- so no access to activitiy room or
movie rentals. Office staff could not help us. Front desk
clerks not very friendly. Kitchens super small- would not
be that good for a week stay (we just stayed 2 days).
We have stayed at hotels- that were much better then this
"resort". We had a two bedroom unit- and too small for
3 adults and two small children. The weather was poor-
so a bigger unit with more to do on the resort would of been
nice.

• Liked — clean units- friendly housekeeping
  • Disliked — poor customer service- units too small exp kitchen
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family