“Convenient location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oakmont Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pigeon Forge
Oakmont Resort
Ranked #48 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Union, South Carolina
“Convenient location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

My family and I stayed here for a few days for a getaway. My wifes family has a timeshare here so we try to come every year. The resort is a lil dated compared to other hotels and resorts nearby. But the resort is very well maintained. We had a 2 room condo on the bottom floor. The condo was very clean upon arrival. The noise level was low. It does have a nice pool area, although we didnt get to get in it. Our condo was near a very nice gazebo where we was able to sit in a porch swing or rocking chair. We got to meet some of the people there which was very nice. Having a full kitchen was great to help cut down on the cost of eating out so much. And we were only a mile or so from a krispie kreme which was great! Its also very closs to Dollywood. Overall, this is a great resort with friendly service and clean rooms. I look forward to coming back here again next year!

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank Heath J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

We rented 3 units to accommodate our family of 10 during our stay at Oakmont. In our unit my husband and I stayed in the bedroom as our 16 yr old slept on the sleeper sofa. He said he slept well on it and it wasn't uncomfortable, but my parents disagreed about theirs. As for my 21 month old, we brought her pack-n-play for her to sleep in our bedroom and still had plenty of room to get around in there. Our mattress was a bit harder than we're used to sleeping on and it made a lot of noise when you rolled over. Kitchen is small but we made it work for us with no problems. Bathroom was very spacious. Water got very hot and the plumbing worked well. There was lack of parking at night after we came back from riding go carts. It basically was a race to get a good spot at our building in the back, lol, and if we missed out we had to walk a little but that was no big deal. Resort was in a great location - basically close to everything. We stayed in the building towards the back and did not have a problem with noise at all. Overall, I loved staying at Oakmont and would definitely recommend to others!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank smileychic74
Gastonia, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is my second time staying at this resort and once again, I have to say that it was excellent! Located right off main drag in Pigeon Forge. Friendly helpful staff as always, 2 pools, fitness center mini golf, shuffleboard, activity club house, corn hole, internet, free laundry facilities, everything anyone would need! Whirlpool tub in rooms are always clean and fresh. I will be back to this resort again

Room Tip: try to get a downstairs room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Starwalker82
Twinsburg, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

After reading some of the reviews, I wasn't expecting to enjoy this property. My parents had traded via RCI for this condo for our vacation, and the comments from other RCI owners were not very flattering (it's old, it's noisy, etc). When the six of us (I, my wife, our two kids 6 & 9, and my parents) arrived, I was pleasantly surprised by what I found.

As RCI "traders", we were in the infamous building 2, by the road. Honestly, I heard none of the road noise others complained about. Our only complaint was the lack of in-unit laundry, but that is really a feature found in newer properties.

Yes, the property is older, but we found it to be well maintained. Yes, the TV in our bedroom looked like it could have been wired by Edison, but, really, we weren't in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg to watch TV! It was good enough for our kids to go in an watch cartoons when we wanted to relax. The TV in the main room was a newer LCD and was good. Yes, the kitchen was small - but as it turns out, my family gets along, so a little closeness was no big deal.

The other gripe I read about was the wi-fi. $5/week is not unreasonable. My only complaint was that when you created the account, you could only have one device connected at a time. No big deal, and the speed was fine, except ~9:30 in the am when EVERYONE was probably online. Again, I wasn't there to surf.

The pool was nice, and has a covered area with tables. The location was very good, really within walking distance of the Mill area, and a couple minutes from Dollywood.

In short, the place was clean, the people were friendly, and I would go back again.

Room Tip: Choose a room towards the inside of the complex, but there are gorgeous views all around. Building 2...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Scott D
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

We had 2 units in building 2, one front towards the road and one back facing the complex parking lot. Both units well appointed, The unit facing the road definitely had more noise, but not unbearable. My understanding is that all of the units have gone through a remodel over the last couple of years. Units were clean, odor free, comfortable beds, and updated nicely. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Activities center provided great options for the kids. The units were VERY convenient to Pidgeon Forge attractions, but not in the middle of the crazy mess. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank DavidLewyn
Anderson, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

This place was okay. Our room was nice and clean. The second bedroom has a memory foam mattress which was suprisingly uncomfortable.

The only gripe that we have with this place is the internet. They use a service called Meraki and it's 5 dollars for a week of service. Well, I followed the instructions, put in my card info to pay the 5 bucks, but the internet never worked. It said I was connected, but nothing would pull up. So I go to the front desk for help. The women tell me that I should have been told that the internet is free in building 1 and to just go there instead of paying for it, because the "Oakmont" (meraki) network is terrible and slow and doesn't work well at all, and the "activities" network is fast and free. They also tell me that the GM will definitely refund my money if I come back during the week. (We checked in on a Saturday.) So I do as I'm told, use the activities network, and then go to the office on Tuesday before we check out to get my refund. The GM was too busy to see me so she emailed me with a "usage report." I replied I would just like a refund of my 5 dollars please as I was told by the people in your office. She said that she agreed with Meraki that no refund would be issued b/c of the usage shown. So I told her that I would take it up with my bank. I told her that my computer "said" it was connected, but no internet service was provided. It NEVER worked. So I had to spend 30 minutes on the phone to dispute the charge with my bank. It's only 5 dollars, but it's the principle of the matter. If I had gotten the service, I would gladly pay the fee. I was just super annoyed that the GM did not seem like she cared at all that I was told I would be given a refund that I didn't receive, or that the internet in her facilities is crap.

Overall, nice place to stay, close to the "main drag" without being in the middle of lots of traffic, and the cleaning ladies are very nice and friendly. I don't think we will stay here again though.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank cmmedlin07
Milton, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

We booked here thru Interval International and we are glad we did. It is located just off the parkway a bit but with easy access to the Parkway and other places around the area. Just down the street from Dollywood too. We had a 1 bedroom 1 bath with a sleeper sofa for the 3 of us and it was very comfortable. Everything seemed fairly new and in excellent shape. Kitchen was small but that was ok, we ate out most of the time. The only real problem we had was with the wifi. We were on a bottom floor in the back(near the road) so reception was very poor. Other than that, we were happy, warm and comfortable. Everyone was very nice and they had some nice activities, except they closed early on Christmas eve and all day Christmas. The bed seemed to be a memory foam and took a bit of getting used to but then we slept well. TV in both bedroom and living room, we even had room to put up a small tree and put presents under it. Bathroom was large and had plenty of towels and a linen exchange was also available. Indoor pool seemed nice but we didn't use it. Liked the activities room but didn't like the stairs (arthritis in legs), but there was a sloping walkway in the back.

Room Tip: Try to get one in the part of the bldg closer to the office for wifi. We were next to the road but d...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family