“Sorry to have to say - TERRIBLE!!”
Review of Oakmont Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pigeon Forge
Oakmont Resort
Ranked #46 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed June 28, 2011

We stayed here via an RCI exchange. We were told RCI has only 5 units here--they should have ZERO. A few positives: The staff was very friendly and pleasant; the kitchen (one person only size) was well-stocked. Whatever you do, do NOT stay in building 6. This is the building that houses the registration office and sits on the corner between a busy by-pass highway and the front entrance drive of the resort. Besides being dangerous to cross here, the NOISE is 24/7. Very little sleep makes for an unpleasant vacation. We even tried to move to the "sofa-bed" in the living room - the springs were all but showing through the fabric. The bed in the bedroom was truly the most uncomfortable bed we have ever tried to sleep on (but with the traffic noise, it didn't matter). Then, there are the steps--we were on the 3rd level (top floor) and by the time you carry ALL your STUFF up those 30 stairs, it is awful. I felt bad for the families carrying babies up & down. The stairs are "open" stairs so dangerous for small kids as well.The "miniature golf" is a slab of green outdoor carpet with 5 holes in the concrete. We don't mind an older facility at all and it was clean. But between the traffic noise, the "unsleepable" beds and the stairs -- it was definitely NOT worth what we paid in timeshare costs. This facility should not be an RCI or timeshare facility of any kind.

Room Tip: Do NOT stay in building 6-Ground floor if possible
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank MeMaDeborah

Reviewed June 22, 2011

Ok. This would be perfectly fine if it were not for people complaining that we are being to loud. We stay on the second floor andy wife and I have 4 children here with us. They are 10, 8, 3 and 9 months. So, obviously, they are going to make just a little bit of noise. Oh, I forgot to mention, by Wednesday, we already had 2 complaints and we had arrived Sunday night. We are simply trying to have a pleasant, clean and fun vacation. But when you have people under you that are not understanding at all...it makes a little unenjoyable. I mean if you have trouble with noise you should probably get a room on the top floor with no one above. Your sleep issue is not my problem so I'm really not worried about it. I'm just here to treat my family and myself to a good vacation. Anyway, the place isn't that bad at all. We've had a pretty good time. If we could only find better neighbors...hahahaha!!

• Stayed: June 2011
3  Thank 197,879
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Oakmont is not one of the newer fancier places to stay but it is very conveniently located and the staff are all very nice and friendly and helpful. This is my third time to stay here and will very likely stay here the next time we come to Pigeon Forge. I would recommend this resort to anyone who does not require elevators or want the newest and prettiest rooms. The pot luck suppers and entertainment on Tuesdays are great. There are many more positives to the resort than negatives.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank japnrap
Reviewed February 24, 2011

as an RCI owner this was a disgrace, not clean! Our unit was in the back (right next to residential), so we could watch the neighbors company come and go at all hours. Yeah what fun!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank melchuk
Reviewed December 29, 2010

Traveled with wife and teenage daughter. Room layout was fine nothing to get excited about good or bad. Yes is an older unit, wall papers peeling, vinyl flooring in bathroom starting to turn up. Bed was too soft, wife hated. Living room TV was nice , bedroom TV old and small.

The real down side was the rooms location, we were right on Veterans Blvd and a lot of car noise, all night. The third floor was very very bad. In their paper work it says just 30 steps up to your room. Carrying your bags up those stairs was terrible. I have bad back and wife has High Blood pressure, which meant we limited the number of times we went up or down stairs. We left a day early and rented a motel room the last night so that we did not have to climb stairs. I watched the people on the second floor walk his mother up the stairs with him holding her on the left side and his wife on the right.

The outside lights were on a timer I guess because they turned on an hour or so after it was dark. It was a dangerous climb up those stairs.

The place is located close to everything and that is a big plus.

Bottom line for what I paid and looking at room rates at local motels, I could have spent two weeks in a motel with daily room cleaning for the price of one week at this place.

We visited another time share while we were there. I will not use names because that would not be fair. The other place was outstanding.
This was the first time I have stayed in a time share and as I said will not return here.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank Wayne32725
Reviewed December 21, 2010

I have read many of the reviews on Oakmont, was hesitate when booking. Upon arrival found this was once an apartment complex. Check in went with no hassle/problems. As we entered our location, I was suprised to find it was very nice on the inside, Yes the kitchen is small, but who stays in the kitchen while on vacation, kitchen is supplied with everything you need. Nice dining area and plenty of living room space - with couch and love seat along with flat screen tv. Bathroom had been remodeled with upgrades, the only bad thing I found the jacuzzi tub is small, not very much room when sitting. Bedroom the bed was comfortable, plenty of room to move around, large closet has a tv. The other negative was the internet service is sometimes slow, to connect to the internet there is a $5.00 charge for the week which I had no problem paying. Location is close to everything. I plan to make plans to stay here next year.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank SouthernGeorgiaPeach
Reviewed October 8, 2010

We use to go every spring break when I was younger. Now we go every Sept for both car shows. I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else. I grew up going their every year & now my 2 kids can't wait to go every yr. They remodel a bldg every chance they get. The staff has always been so kind. We love Mrs.Robin at the front desk & thanks to Ms. Alyisa & Mrs. Dorothy they always have great activities for kids & adults. Our favorite is the potluck dinner on Tuesday. You bring a dish & get to visit other owners & renters. They have an amazing band that performs every Tuesday at the dinner. They are the Oakmont Boys. They are very talented & play anything you want to hear & if they can't make you laugh then you have no heart.
The rooms are always spotless & very clean. The only thing I'd like for them to do is have a tv & dvr in the extra bedrooms. Both the indoor & out door pool are super clean! Very close to all the outlet malls & whatever you want or need. If you want a relaxing,peaceful & some good ole' southern hospitality then you will love it. We always have & now my kids do.
My second home!! We would not stay anywhere else.. It's not some rich fancy resort but it's a good ole southern resort

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family