“Oldie but goody”

Ranked #45 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Jacksonville, North Carolina
“Oldie but goody”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

We chose this hotel because of all the hotels with a low price tag, this was the only one that didn't have many complaints about cleanliness. The room itself did show its' age, but was very clean and the beds were beyond comfortable. I was really surprised such a cheap motel had such comfortable beds. The staff was very friendly. Money well spent!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Amanda W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Argillite, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

The hotel was ok, we stayed 4 to a room with 2 double beds. It was nice that the sink was outside the bathroom. The towels were very thin, the refrig was small and the microwave was turned so it opened from the right to the left and it was awkward to get food in and out. The people were very nice, it is close to the Old Mill and shopping district. The breakfast was ok, if you like bagels, cold cereal, scrambled eggs and gravy. They did have cream cheese in packets for the bagels as well as some jelly. The coffee and juice machine was right inside the door and if it was closed you had to watch out if anyone opened it suddenly, you could get whacked in the back. The breakfast room was only open during breakfast, never any other time, it was on the 2nd floor. Thank goodness we were very close. There was hardly any space for hanging clothes with 4 people in the room, very carmped, no iron or ironing board. All together it was ok for the week we spent, if you book thru the internet you got a better price there than just checking in.

Room Tip: Make sure when you book that you explain exactly what you want. They will change rooms if they have...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

Our stay was very comfortable especially for the rates ... If you are looking for a fancy stay don't bother! Although it was clean which is what matters the most and they offered hot breakfast which was a plus ! We enjoyed our stay at the vacation lodge and we recommend it if money is an issue ( our case at the time )

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank stephNbrandon
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

We were looking for someplace clean and cheap and we got exactly that! We couldn't beat the price. The room was clean and quiet. It was not the nicest place I have ever stayed, but that was not what my purpose was in booking the room. I think those that are writing bad reviews did not adjust their expectations going in. You are not going to a five star hotel, you should knkow this by the price.

The staff was super friendly and helpful. The room had a fridge, microwave and stove which was a plus. The mattress was super comfy and the location could not be beat!

We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SKTola
Spartanburg, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

I got a really great deal on my room. It surpassed my expectations! It was clean and well maintained. The front desk employees and the maids were excellent. I stayed here with my 2 kids and I only booked one bed because my kids can sleep with me. The employee kept asking me am I sure I didn't want a room with 2 beds. That was my first impression and was a nice one!

The room was very basic. Fridge, deep but narrow bathtub, microwave, tv with cable, alarm clock, etc. The bed was very comfortable and the sheets were clean. I would recommend bringing your own pillow as the pillows are a little flat.

The pool was heated like advertised. It stayed open until midnight which was nice. The pool was right by our room too, which I loved!

The breakfast was basic but good and fresh. Cereal, Krispy Kreme donuts, biscuits, gravy, eggs. No fruit. It was enough to get us going because I wanted to save my food money for the big meals! :)

This hotel is located right on the parkway almost across the street from the trolley stop that takes you to Dollywood.

Don't come here and expect this to be a five star hotel, but it sure does get five stars from us!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank tinkerbell7283
West Union, South Carolina, USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

We go to Gatlinburg all the time , this was the worst trip ever . We rented a room with a sleeper sofa and it was broken. I called the front desk three times and after 10 pm they finally sent up a hide a bed . The maintenance man said that they had ordered the part for the bed but he never even come in to check it. they would not offer us another room. We have stayed there three times and every time they have a problem with there rooms. I would not recommend this hotel for a family or a group more then 4. We will never stay there again..

Room Tip: they only good room here is the honeymoon suite . Great for couples
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mommyofthreeteens

Travelers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Cleveland, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2012

We traveled to Pigeon Forge for only one night...most of the time we stay in a cabin, however since it was only a 1 night stay, we decided on a motel room for the evening. We booked it through Expedia which was alright...when we arrived we got exactly what I had booked online. We also had friends traveling with us that hadnt booked online, and received a room just by walking in. We paid 70$ for a room while they paid $55...I had called earlier in the week directly to the hotel and they refused to negotiate giving me a MUCH higher price than what even i paid...

I could live with that...and the rooms, while a little dated, were nice. Very clean and we even had access to a balcony overlooking the strip...

I was traveling with my 2 month old and forgot a few things...when i went down to the front desk that evening, I asked for a plastic spoon for my daughters rice cereal. The lady was INCREDIBLY rude saying they "didnt do that there, that I would have to wait until morning when the breakfast room opened which was at 8 am" Also they charge for ice. I am sorry but if I am paying 70$ for a room, I expect much better customer service and at least free ice...

Ridiculous. We will not be staying at this property again. There are so many other hotels in the area that are for around the same price that are much nicer and much more friendly...
Please learn how to treat your customers with respect

Room Tip: Apparantly you receive a much better deal when just taking the chance on walking in, instead of try...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family