“Wonderful accomodations and great rates.”
Review of Timbers Lodge

Timbers Lodge
Ranked #38 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed December 1, 2009

If you want a beautiful, rustic cabin and very pet friendly you must stay here. The staff is so nice and they made our stay just wonderful!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed November 22, 2009

I stayed at this hotel several years ago. I selected this hotel from the Pigeon Forge website. I called the 1-800 number to inquire about the accommodations they have at this hotel, This hotel looks like a log structure on the outside. The hotel has a nice lobby, friendly staff at check in/check out, nice fresh continental breakfast, pool, internet available, located at a light on the parkway. The lady I spoke with on the phone was very helpful in describing the room types. I selected the handicapped room. This room type is a very large room with two double beds, large bathroom, tv, plus much more. This hotel does accept pets.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone!!!!

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2009

As a business traveler, my clients are requested to supply me with a hotel room. My client in Pigeon Forge booked me for one night at the Timbers Log Motel in a non-smoking room. When I arrived, the room reeked of cigarette smoke and ash. Suffering from asthma and allergies, the room was simply uninhabitable for me. The clerk had no other rooms to offer, and was extremely helpful in assisting me with finding other accommodations, and assured me that my client would not be charged for the room. Since that time, the motel management has failed to make good on that promise. I have exchanged telephone calls and emails with the motel in an effort to get them to do the right thing. Margaret, the manager, hung up on me in mid conversation, and Kathy Brown, the general manager, sent me a very curt email stating that the matter was closed. Smokers will love the Timbers Log Motel, but if you are a non-smoker, I urge you to seek lodging elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank FlyingEffects
kb49, General Manager at Timbers Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2009

We are always concerned when a guest is unhappy with their accommodations. We are not however able to anticipate specific allergies. This room was a buiness arrangement between Timbers and a third party business.

Reviewed August 31, 2009

We stayed here for 5 nights august 8th-13th and had zero problems.The front desk and cleaning staff were very freindly and the price for a family suite(2 full size beds,bathroom and tv downstairs and a loft with a full size bed,bathroom and tv upstairs)was very reasonable($130/night).We had no bugs or dirty areas in our room (313) .The hotel was in great central location to everything and they had a free continental breakfast(muffins,fruit,coffee and juice etc..)7am-11am.My wife and youngest son used the pool every day and loved it.There was an amusement park across the street but it got quiet around 11pm.It was fun to walk over there and waste some time in between other activities .If we return to Pigeon Forge we will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2009

Last minute my disabled mother, my 10 year old daughter, and I (single mother extraordinairre) decided to get in one last trip to our favorite place...the Smokies. We lucked up on this cute little place that seemed so wonderful...and really affordable and cute...BUT...
after my daughter and I were getting bug bites I inspected the sheets better and the mattress....BED BUGS!!!!! I collected tons of live bugs, shells, larvae, and there was some type of excrement on the sheets...still with raised lumps on it. I immediately called the front desk (at 9 pm) and after being switched from that room to THREE others where I found bugs as well they finally said they would find us a room somewhere else (2am) (which we ended up paying for). Upon arriving back the next morning to meet with the manager (evidence in hand) I was HORRIFIED that the manager was unapologetic, uncaring, rude, sarcastic, and charged our cards with me standing there telling her not to that at least let us put it on a different card since we had to pay at the other hotel too. No joke, she came out from behind the counter and got in my face trying to intimidate me and this was while I had the 911 operator the line. Not only did she charge us for the first two nights but she charged us for the third night as well even though we didnot stay in the room and had to go to another hotel. She also charged us at the wrong rate and would not fix it. She tried telling me the bugs were gnats. Born and Bred in Georgia and seen my share of gnats but never seen them under covers or in mattress pads. I tried showing pictures of my daughters bites all over her body but the manager ORDERED us off the property and called the police. We had to go to the Co-op and get industrial bed bug spray plus room foggers, completely fog the van, spray our luggage, and will have to put my daughters lovey in the freezer to hopefully kill any larvae. My daughter is covered in bites, plus the stress that comes from trying to convince a 10 year old that she is not covered in bugs (moms you understand lol). This place was horrific and it completely ruined our vacation. My head still itchs.
Oh yeah and if that's not enough to STAY AWAY it is right next to a race track amusement park that stays open until midnight and opens at 9 in the morning.

• Stayed: August 2009
8  Thank CandiceA33

We take any guest concerns seriously. We certainly took this seriously. We had our exterminators out and we were inspected by the state health department. No one has. found any evidence of bed bugs. We cannot determine any source for the bug complaint.

Reviewed August 7, 2009

Before we checked in we asked to see the room. It appeared to be a good room which was very spacious and well decorated. We checked in and left our bags. We found out later that night that the room was very badly flea infested. They attacked up when we walked in. Thank goodness we had not opened our bags. When we complained in the office, the lady seemed unconcerned with a reply of that isn't a pet room...........DUH! They moved us to another room, with no offer of a discount. This room also appeard okay, but we later found the bathtub did not drain and the water in the shower did not mix. So you either took a shower in very hot water or very cold water, while standing in dirty water. Also you could hear "everything" that went on in the adjoining rooms, tvs, kids, etc. When someone ran water in other rooms, the pipes in the wall behind the bed rattled and screeched. There's no place like home.........

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Never_not_again
Reviewed July 22, 2009

The room was very effieciant and was very clean and quiet.
We brought along our pet and she also like it there too
We were on the bottom floor and she could see out the window at people passing by.
We have recommended this place to numbers of people who would like to take their pet with them and to some who just wanted a great place to stay.
The service was super for everyone was so nice and friendly.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple