“Nothing special”

Ranked #36 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Birmingham, Alabama
“Nothing special”
Reviewed April 12, 2008

Well it was not what we expected. It was just simple and nothing more. We were fortunate enough to have a room right in front of the patio where the swing and drink machines were. They were having new carpet placed in some rooms, so guess where they piled up all of the carpet old & new...right in front of our room. Yippie!! The curtians were ripped at the top and would not stay closed so we had to take a hair barrett to keep them closed. The bathroom had ciggarette burns on the counter. Nothing to sing about for sure.

• Liked — Easy to find
  • Disliked — Pigeon Poop on cars from the nest above the gutters
  • Stayed June 2005, traveled with family
1 Thank lisalou02
TManager, Manager at Timbers Lodge, responded to this review, April 21, 2008
We have made some major improvements since June of 2005. I hope this guest will join the 50% repeat guests we have and try us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
deedeemyers
Reviewed April 10, 2008

Made reservations told them we needed king suit on bottom floor
because i myself had a bad back and knee. I even have a friend that was with me she is recovering from a broken ankle and had it operated on was told no problem we would have one we get there they put us on the 2nd floor on the other end of the motel.
offered us another room but that was next door to the one they gave us. We then told them we where going to find some where
else to stay. They did nothing found room down the street. went back to give the keys back to them that was at 3pm on monday afternoon. Was then offered a suit on the bottom floor after we found another room. If it was my end of the reservation that was not held up. I would agree about the deposit but it was no use.
Make sure you call your credit card company and the Chambers of commerce when this happens. Been working retail for 28 years and i dont believe in this good business on there part. Just not right

• Liked — not happy
  • Disliked — not happy
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends
3 Thank deedeemyers
TManager, Manager at Timbers Lodge, responded to this review, April 21, 2008
There must have been a miscommunication with the reservation. I have asked this party to contact me direct to make sure the matter is resolved.
Summerville, SC
Reviewed March 31, 2008

Our family just returned from a 5 night stay in Pigeon Forge, TN at the Timbers Log Motel. We had originally booked this hotel through the hotel website prior to reviewing the articles listed here on Trip Advisor. After reviewing the prior reviews for this hotel, I was definitely worried about how the hotel was going to be upon my arrival. (I am very picky about where we stay.) I was very pleased with what we found. We had reserved one of the "family lofts" rooms with 2 king size beds and fold old couch, along with 2 baths. It was very clean. The only things that were found "out of the ordinary" was a video game some child had apparently left behind by mistake under the couch, along with a soda cap, which was no biggy. Our rooms were on the backside of the hotel overlooking a small river, which was very nice. There is a small amusement park with gocarts beside the hotel, and you can hear the noise from there if you have a front room. It was pet friendly, although I did not take my pets this trip, it was nice to see all the puppies walking around enjoying the area. Only "major" complaints we had was the beds were very hard, the pillows were very flat. However, in one of the regular 2 beds rooms which another family member stayed in, those beds were soft and comfortable with "fluffy" pillows. Overall, I was very pleased with the hotel and would certainly consider staying there again.

• Liked — Having two separate "bedroom areas" so adults could have their own space.
  • Disliked — uncomfortable bed if you like a soft bed
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
TN
Reviewed March 10, 2008

My family had a great time in Pigeon Forge at the Timbers Log Motel, we had a loft room on the top floor with a kitchenette, jacuzzi in the downstairs bathroom, fireplace, and lots of room for everyone. The suite was very clean when we checked in and the housekeepers and front desk personnel were great. High speed internet was a definite plus, along with being so close to shopping and restaurants. I noticed a lot of the rooms below us had been newly renovated with beautiful hard wood floors. I think the biggest plus for us was the heat lamps in the bathroom, January was pretty cold in Pigeon Forge and you can never be too warm when getting out of the shower. My compliments to the owners and General Manager and staff for a great job in renovating and maintaining a clean, attractive motel...

• Liked — plenty of room
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank yankeegrlnTn
penn
Reviewed November 7, 2007

I just returned from a trip to Pigion Forge and the smokies. Had a good time there, but the stay at Timbers Log was very disgusting to say the least. I had read the on-line reviews, and had doubts. The web-site though made it all lok very nice.
Trust the people that post here! I have NO IDEA what rooms the people are staying in that post that this place is nice and clean, all I know is the room I was in was terrible. Carpets are nasty, tub had hairs, stuff on the toilet, mold in bathroom, chairs sticky it was not at all the value of rom that I paid for. Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else to stay. I left most of my stuff in the car so it wouldnt get dirty. I wont be a returning customer. I feel sorry for all of the people that have paid for this place including myself. Its unhealthy! Is there a department of health down there???

Stayed October 2007
6 Thank oldman65
TManager, Manager at Timbers Lodge, responded to this review, November 14, 2007
I have asked this guest to contact me directly to make sure all issue are handled. over 1.2 of our guests are repeat so it is important to us to make sure each guest is happy with their stay.
Alabama
Reviewed October 15, 2007

We just returned from a 2 night stay at the Timbers Log Motel in Pigeon Forge. I had read some of the online reviews prior to our trip and was a bit hesitant about the accomodations. However, when we arrived, the room was clean and neat. Nothing super fancy, but sufficient for our needs. We reserved one of the "loft suites" and had plenty of space. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. If you are traveling with pets, this is an excellent place to stay. Housekeeping is minimal while the pets are in the room, however, if there is any need the staff is very courteous. Another plus was that the location is very convenient, as it is centrally located in town.

• Liked — Price; Staff
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank bamazgal
kentucky
Reviewed October 15, 2007

We have stayed at Timbers Log several times and it was always very clean. So when I read some reviews online, I also became very nervous. But after getting there and checking in, I must say that both rooms we booked were very clean and nice. As a matter of fact, we have traveled a lot this year and this has been the cleanest place we have stayed. I would highly recommend Timbers Log Motel for anyone with or without pets!

Stayed September 2007