“Stay Was Great!”
Review of Timbers Lodge

Timbers Lodge
Ranked #38 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed New Years Eve thru Jan. 3rd. Staff was EXTREMELY helpful, friendly, & courteous. Room was VERY clean. Housekeeping was very helpful and friendly. Quiet, cozy room w/flat screen TV (nice), even though it was next to go-cart track we hardly heard an outside sound. River-front rooms... Continental breakfast had wide variety - donuts, honey buns, coffee always available, tea, grits, etc. One of the best stays we have ever had in Pigeon Forge and we have been vacationing at least once a year there for 15 years. We will definitely be back for another stay in the years to come! We are looking forward to it! Thanks again, Travis!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Matt H
Susan B, General Manager at Timbers Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Thank you for taking your time to comment on your stay with us. We really do appreciate our guests and are thrilled when they are happy. Please remember to ask for our TLC rate the next time you plan on staying with us.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed here once before & they booked us for the wrong night, upgraded us to another room then charged us for it when we checked out & had to get it reversed. Stayed New Years Eve night requested fire place and Jacuzzi fire place didn't work maintenance had to come & fix it, there was two light bulbs out over the vanity so maintenance was going to change them out while he was there and droped one of them and shattered it but cleaned it up. Later we noticed the room wasn't getting warm and noticed the heater was blowing out cold air I went to the office and spoke with the guy there and he asked me if I told the maintenance guy (didn't think that was my job!) but he was outside the door talking to I guess the manager so they had to switch out the heater. While we were talking the Manager told the front desk person to do something for our troubles especially since we had issues when we were there before. Around 8:30 p.m. went to get ice I found two ice machines and neither had ice so I went to the office and the door was locked and I didn't see anyone inside so I had to go and buy ice. Went to check out the next morning and mentioned to the clerk about what the manager had said to the night clerk and he knew nothing about it which is what I had told my wife I bet would happen the night befor. This place needs some major updating and some TLC it could really be a nice place with the proper management it just seems like they don't follow through with things or pass the information along to the oncoming clerks. WE WILL NOT STAY HERE AGAIN!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Russell F
Travis G, General Manager at Timbers Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

I would once again take the time to apologize to you for the trouble that you experienced with your fireplace and heating unit this past weekend. I will be refunding you the full amount of your stay for your inconvenience and I am sorry that it had not been taken care of sooner. I appreciate that you have brought this to my attention and we have replaced the broken units. I will be sending you a complementary certificate in the mail in hopes that you stay with us in the future again.

If you have any more questions, or comments please do not hesitate to contact me, I understand the importance of you feedback and I appreciate the opportunity that an open dialog allows for further positive change.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Stayed there for 3 days, would not advise. After our first night we left for the day to come back to find when the maids cleaned they never even went up to the loft to see that someone had slept there. No clean towels or bed made. The next day no maid service until 5:30 p.m.. Dust was an inch thick on ceiling fans and microwave and fridge. Liked the idea of the loft room but would never stay there again. Deffinately taking the money and running!!! Not enough help and not putting money back into the business... There are so many more places there that do care about their guests.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Linda R
Travis G, General Manager at Timbers Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

I do hate the hear that you did not enjoy your stay here. I wish that you had brought your issues to our attenion while you were here. We strive for excellence with our rooms, and this is not how we operate our hotel.

From your comments it seems as if you had some housekeeping issues, we would have been glad have resolved your concerns immediatly. I am sorry that you experenced a less than desirable experence with us. I do hope that you return in the future and try us again.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We decided to stay here because it looked like the cabins we so dearly love. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Our room was both large and beautiful, the bed was comfortable and it was very quiet. No carpet made the room look so refreshing and added to that total feeling of cleaniness. Our towels were soft and large and we had plenty of them. The continental breakfast offered plenty of variety to suit all tastes.
The weather outside was cold so the apple cider in the lobby was right on. We will stay here again when we are in town for a few days and would recommend it to our friends when they visit Pigeon Forge.

Room Tip: Great location, quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WILEY B
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed over Thanksgiving weekend 2012. We managed to find a really good deal on this hotel for the long weekend. It was OK for the price we paid.

The highs:
Our room was large.
Relatively quiet for being near a busy intersection.
Good sized fridge.

The lows:
The continental breakfast was a joke (2 boxes of muffins and 2 boxes of doughnuts) with only a few places to sit.
The bath towels were like slightly over-sized hand towels and were not even large enough for my 3 year old.
Bathroom door frame was messed up and the door would barely shut.

Unlike others, I did not have any issues with dirt. I am sure if I started searching under every nook I could have found something, but everything was clean enough to suite me.

Room Tip: The further from the road the better.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank patw22
Reviewed October 24, 2012

The feel of being in a cabin w/wood floors, but with all the conveniences of a great hotel staff. Excellent location with easy access to everything in Pigeon Forge as well as Gatlinburg and the Smoky Mtn. Nat'l. Park. Very comfortable beds, clean rooms and they offer waste disposal bins and doggie bags for your pets (one in the front area and also in the back along the river walk area). We will definitely return here.

Room Tip: We preferred a back room, lower floor by the river. Convenient with lots of parking and good for wa...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Was our 1st. time to stay at the Timberlodge and will be last. (Oct. 17-20 2012). It was so dusty and dirty smelled like stale smoke.. The front desk personal was nice, but they really need to check behind housekeeping...The main thing I told them when booking ''My mom has to have a clean non smoked in room because of her breathing''..

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends