“Pam and Wiley Bordeaux”
Review of Timbers Lodge

Timbers Lodge
Ranked #38 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We decided to stay here because it looked like the cabins we so dearly love. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Our room was both large and beautiful, the bed was comfortable and it was very quiet. No carpet made the room look so refreshing and added to that total feeling of cleaniness. Our towels were soft and large and we had plenty of them. The continental breakfast offered plenty of variety to suit all tastes.
The weather outside was cold so the apple cider in the lobby was right on. We will stay here again when we are in town for a few days and would recommend it to our friends when they visit Pigeon Forge.

Room Tip: Great location, quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WILEY B

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed over Thanksgiving weekend 2012. We managed to find a really good deal on this hotel for the long weekend. It was OK for the price we paid.

The highs:
Our room was large.
Relatively quiet for being near a busy intersection.
Good sized fridge.

The lows:
The continental breakfast was a joke (2 boxes of muffins and 2 boxes of doughnuts) with only a few places to sit.
The bath towels were like slightly over-sized hand towels and were not even large enough for my 3 year old.
Bathroom door frame was messed up and the door would barely shut.

Unlike others, I did not have any issues with dirt. I am sure if I started searching under every nook I could have found something, but everything was clean enough to suite me.

Room Tip: The further from the road the better.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank patw22
Reviewed October 24, 2012

The feel of being in a cabin w/wood floors, but with all the conveniences of a great hotel staff. Excellent location with easy access to everything in Pigeon Forge as well as Gatlinburg and the Smoky Mtn. Nat'l. Park. Very comfortable beds, clean rooms and they offer waste disposal bins and doggie bags for your pets (one in the front area and also in the back along the river walk area). We will definitely return here.

Room Tip: We preferred a back room, lower floor by the river. Convenient with lots of parking and good for wa...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Was our 1st. time to stay at the Timberlodge and will be last. (Oct. 17-20 2012). It was so dusty and dirty smelled like stale smoke.. The front desk personal was nice, but they really need to check behind housekeeping...The main thing I told them when booking ''My mom has to have a clean non smoked in room because of her breathing''..

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sandra G
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We were glad to get to stay here because the location is very convenient, the rooms are charming (we had a loft room), and the staff was great. We mainly interacted with the manager (Jonathan Brewer). He was absolutely awesome! When I first went to the check-in office, he was in the middle of filling up a container of fresh baked cookies. He made us feel at home from start to finish...even letting me take several cookies for the road when we checked out. When my son left his stuffed animals in the office, Jonathan noticed it before we did and brought them to our room for us. He didn't just make us feel at home...he made us feel like we were part of his family. We loved him!!! The prices were very reasonable as well. Although the rooms are not as sound-proof as we would have liked, we still enjoyed our visit very much and will definitely be staying there again. It was clean, we felt safe, and we look forward to visiting again.

1  Thank Deyrni
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I had family in town from Indiana, and we wanted to visit Pigeon Forge, as we only live an hour/hour and a half from there. We decided to stay 2 nights at the Timbers Lodge. The room/loft was nice, beds were more comfortable then most motel beds, the room and motel were clean front desk staff were friendly and accomidating. However, after checking out on Wednesday morning, I went to my credit untion on Friday afternoon to withdrawal some money, only to be told I didn't have any in there. I later called the credit union to speak to someone about why, and was told that Timbers Lodge had overdrawn my account, charging me for my stay...TWICE. Once in the amount of 201.06 and once in the amount of 202.06. Yes, the money is finally back in my account BUT because of them charging me twice, I incurred overdraft fees as well. IF I stay here again, I will definately be paying cash and not even using my card so I hopefully don't encounter this again, but not sure we would stay again just for this reason. And we stay in Pigeon Forge often.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

we stayed at the timbers lodge sept 30 thru oct 4th with our 2 schnauzers we found the staff to be freindly and helpful the room was clean and nice we had no problems and felt it was a safe place to stay with out pets very close to things to do great location
I spoke to the manager (Travis Gaddy) he was very reassuring that our pets would be safe if left in the room while we went out for a while we would definitely recommend staying here and I know we will being staying there again glad to see the updates and the caring freindly staff it means a lot to know you can take your pets on vacation and they will be safe thanks guys keep up the good work
P Beaver