“Clean accomodations in a Rustic Setting-Perfect for Pets!”
Review of Timbers Lodge

Timbers Lodge
Ranked #39 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Southeast US
“Clean accomodations in a Rustic Setting-Perfect for Pets!”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We recently stayed a night at Timber's Lodge in Pigeon Forge. After an exhaustive search for clean accomadations which didn't require several nights' commitment, we finally found a place that met our family's needs. Because one of our family members is canine, our lodging choices are limited. There are several nice places in the area that accomodate families with pets, however, no hotels are in the league with Timber's Lodge! I appreciated the cleanliness of a hotel that allows pets without smelling like a kennel, and without smelling like strong chemicals to mask pet odors. The location is perfect; it's in the very heart of Pigeon Forge right off the parkway. Although it's adjacent to a bustling amusement park, it is surprisingly very quiet! On the back of the property runs the Little Pigeon River which is great for enjoying a quiet cup of coffee or for walking your dog (be sure to pick up, of course). The hotel staff could not have been any more caring or accomodating for us. We had several special requests, and Amber took care of them all - with a smile. Overall, Timber's Lodge far exceeded our expectations and will now be our 'go -to' hotel when we want a quick getaway with our pet. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: If you want to 'see the action' on the Parkway, ask for a front room. Request a room facing...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank zoobee14

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We have stayed here before and it was a good place to stay, however this time wasn't so great. The floors were extremely dirty, every channel on the tv was fuzzy and we couldn't use our computer because the internet service was not available.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank clingan98
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed August 22, 2012

My family stayed at the Timbers Lodge for 3 days and we absolutely loved it. We stayed in a kitchen loft room which offered plenty of space for 6 people. It's at a great location with plenty of outlet malls and department stores nearby for shopaholics like me and also plenty of activities for kids within walking distance. The backyard has a small stream that attracts many birds and is fun to explore if you can find the time. All of the staff was super friendly and helpful. The only part we weren't crazy about was the breakfast which was very basic and came with awful coffee, but since we had our own kitchen we ended up buying some groceries and making our own every morning. The price was a bit steep but considering we only had one room instead of two as usual, we figured it was worth it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank BScNStudent
Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

My family & I took our 1st vacation this summer. We spent the week of 7-17-12 to 7-24-12 in Tenneessee at Timbers Lodge! We had a blast! It was my husband, myself, & our 4 little girls! I honestly dont know who enjoyed it more, us or the girls! Thank you!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Kbmomof4girls
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed July 22, 2012

When we checked in the staff was fun and carefree. I didn't feel like I was checking in, it was like my vacation had started and they didn't want to waste my time. The room was nice, very large which is why I stay at older hotels (secret tip, the newer hotels are smaller to cram more people in)

The maid was very friendly, her name was Rita and she took care of everything I needed. I read a few reviews about the place, but it's not what some people have said. Item sure if I sat in the room all day I could find problems, but vacation is about getting out.

I don't do computers, but the man at the desk named Travis took the time to book me tickets at the lumber jack show and make dinner reservations the next night when the kids stayed home. That ment a lot to me and when I offered him a tip he just asked me to let other people know.

This was a wonderful vacation and I have booked for next year again. Thank you timbers lodge for making my my familys vacation memorable.

Room Tip: They have rooms on the river it's very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

3 beds
2 full size bathrooms
2 tvs
and a fan in each level

Room Tip: all rooms are large and spacious. pool is located on backside
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank JosephVargo
Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

We stayed 6 days 5 nights at timbers and loved every minute of it, the beds were so comfortable and clean. The staff was wonderful and went over and beyond to help . The hotel is pet friendly and u couldn't tell pets where ever in the room. The only down side the house keeping was under staffed but we hardly ever get our room cleaned anyways, over all I would / will be back. The price was great. And close to everything we wanted to do. Everyone should give Timbers a try.

• Stayed June 2012