“Good :)”

Ranked #36 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Miami, Florida, United States
“Good :)”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We had went down here in the winter and this place was a very good hotel. The price was good and the rooms were very clean. We had only satyed 2 nights but we had slept good each night except for the first one. We was lying in bed when we heard something like a dog running from the room above us. Good hotel and clean rooms to.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Chattanooga
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We love Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg and have been going for 2 generations. Unfortunately, every great tourist spot has a token DUMP. This is it! Dear Lord where to begin with this place.
Timber Lodge attempt to play off the "Cabin" theme, in a motel setting. Thier pictures are DECEPTIVE and UNREALISTIC to the actual rooms you stay in. Those pictures may have been accurate in its day, but boy have they let this place go. I have been in Highway side motel 6's that were 100% nicer than this place. Wore our furniture, rock hard beds, the doors on the bathrooms were crooked and wouldnt shut unless slammed. The bottom bathroom door locked from the inside, but wouldnt unlock! I was STUCK in the bathroom for 10 minutes until I was finally able to jimmy the door open with a butterknife. The ceiling fans rocked and clinked so much it was too annyoing to keep on at night, yet without it the heat was unbarable! The little single A/C unit is not enough to cool the upstairs of a loft, so not only did our backs kill us from the extremely loud rock hard bed, we sweat most of the night too. The room was unclean and just felt gross. Not to mention infested on the outside with spiders all over the ceiling and ground.Then there was the paper thin walls. We could actually hear the people next to us talking as if they were in the same room. We called downstairs to ask for them to quiet down but no was answered the front desk. We called 5 times and gave up as it was 2am already. Finally morning came and I was able to reach someone. When I expressed our issues, the guy up front really didnt care. He said "well we always have a lot of complaints but we are under new management and it will eventually get better".I asked for my money back but was told I could only get 50.00 from the 170 for the horrible loft room. I even got a reciept with the 50.00 credit. We arrived home a day later only to find the ENTIRE amount posted on my account...no credit. When I called, "Crystal" was beligerant and insulting basically telling me that I was crazy to think the room was bad in the first place and that I dont really deserve a credit. She said it would take 10 business days for it to appear on my card. Unbelievable, even when I have a reciept showing it shouldnt have been charged. I asked for the General Managers info, Crystal outright refused to give it to me.

I URGE EVERYONE WHO READS THIS TO STAY AWAY FROM THIS DUMP!!! THIS IS AN INCREDIBLY HORRBLE PLACE AND WILL GIVE PIGEON FORGE A BAD NAME!

PS - The free continental breakfast? One Dozen Krispy Kreme Donuts. For the ENTIRE PLACE! Good luck getting any!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank XPlanetshadowX
, General Manager at Timbers Lodge, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
I am greatly displeased to read your review, I want to take the opprotunity to reach out to you and resolve your issue. In reading your comments I have take the inicitive to make several changes to make in our complaint process. I want to assure you that I have taken corrective measures with the staff in an effort to prevent situations like this from happening again. I completly understand your frustrations, and I am eager to fix any problem that I am made aware of. Any issue that you have had, no matter how severe or trivial I am here to listen to you and make the situation right for you.

I would like to give you a full refund of your entire stay as well as a free stay in the future. I can assure you that the Timber's Lodge that you have described is not how we operate nor how we present our rooms. I would like another chance to have you stay with us, and see what we have to offer you at no charge.

If you would like to contact with me regarding your stay, and refund please feel free to call me at the hotel. I would like to take the time to speak with you and give you the courtsey to address and give you a personal apology and an immediate resolution to your satisfaction.
Bedford, Indiana
Reviewed May 24, 2012

we recently stayed at this hotel because it was pet friendly. we were very disappointed in ithe continental breakfast, the size of the room, my husband is disabled and there wasnt much room for him, also the floors looked clean but when i had to wipe up a spill, the cloth was black as were our sock feet. the staff and housekeeping were super nice and helpful and being able to have our dog with us is about the only positive we found with this hotel..

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kay r
Travis G, General Manager at Timbers Lodge, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
I appreciate your comments, they help us to correct any issues for all future stay.

I am dissapointed to hear that you were unhappy with our breakfast selection. We are a smaller location and are limited on the breakfast that we can serve, we are always looking for ways to improve our selection.

I am sorry to hear that the room size was too small, we do offer several handicap rooms and we would be glad to accomidate any needs that you have.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your concerns here and giving us the opprotunity to correct them.
Waterford, Michigan
Reviewed April 21, 2012 via mobile

Well, my husband and I have stayed here 3 years in a row with our 2 chihuahua's.
Believe me, we have rented rooms at other pet friendly hotels and this is FAR nicer than any we have stayed at.
The staff was very friendly and we have never had to worry about our dogs there.
We enjoyed our visit all three times and plan to come back in 2 more weeks.
If there is a problem with cleanliness, we have not experienced that. If we had, I am sure the hotel would do everything in their power to make it right. They seem very very accommodating!

Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Beverly W
Ward,SC
Reviewed February 11, 2012

We have stayed there the last 2 years, and was planning on staying this year but they have almost tripled their prices so we can't stay there any more.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
tgtim, General Manager at Timbers Lodge, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
I am happy to hear that you enjoy staying with us and if you want to stay this year give me a call directly and I assure you we will get you a room reserved for this year. I am always glad to hear people enjoy our Lodge.
Easley, South Carolina
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Do not put children in the showers!!! The water is scalding! It fluctuates between very cold and scalding hot. The rooms are nice and roomy but there is NO sound barriers between the rooms. My stay was miserable and very noisy

• Stayed February 2012
tgtim, Manager at Timbers Lodge, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
We are sorry to hear your stay was not what you expected. If you have issues with noise we can always help at the front desk a simple phone call to the the other room or we could even move you. I hope you would give us another chance , I assure you that if you had issues with noise or any thing else our front desk would be happy to resolve it for you.
North Liberty
Reviewed January 4, 2012

We could not afford a log cabin so this is as close as we could afford at the time. We were so excited to stay and was so disappointed when we walked into the room. It felt dirty and was dirty. The bathroom was gross and the beds were too. I was scared to let the kids touch anything because I knew it was not cleaned properly. It was in much need of new paint and bedding. Oh yes it smelt like dingy smoke. We will never stay there again and laugh at it when we visit the area.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jennifer M
tgtim, Manager at Timbers Lodge, responded to this review, January 16, 2012
We were so upset to hear that you didnt enjoy your stay.I cant imagine anyone feeling this way about our lodge. We would love for you to give us another chance to change your mind.