“Last time at Music Road”

Music Road Resort Hotel
Ranked #14 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Emerald Coast
“Last time at Music Road”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

We have stayed at Music Road in the past, it had been a few years since our last visit. The front desk was very friendly and fast. The rooms since the last visit had new furniture and carpet. They were kept clean and the whirlpool tub worked, I enjoyed the view from the 7th floor. The only thing wrong was the King beds mattress was very bad, we had replaced ours at home because of the same problem, My husband slept badly because of it. The breakfast was fine, not crazy about their choice of cereals, and the milk was sour, but the yogurts were nice and appreciated the choice of teas. Sad that it was so crowded because of the convention they had to put tables in th lobby area. Also, I remember the lobby used to look much "Grander", not sure what the differences were from years ago, but felt sad about it. I think very highly of this hotel, but we had come at a time of year to avoid "crowds" and because the hotel books so many during conventions., the next time we come I will try to find another hotel. The day we checked out it was pouring down rain, and my husband was not parked close Then we saw there were no luggage carts, and this was before 8am. I was told that all the"Christians" that were there for the Convention had taken them to their rooms, but at the time none of them were checking out. I just want to tell all of the "Christians" that were there, I dont think you were setting a good example. I think you were being selfish, and not thinking of others. As much as I think this is a very nice Hotel , we will try to find one that doesn't do "conventions".

Room Tip: The 7th floor on the creek side has a nice view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank smr
MusicRoadResort, Manager at Music Road Resort Hotel, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear SMR,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review of your stay. We use feedback from our guests to create better services and more fulfilling experiences for them. It makes us sad to hear about your less than perfect experience with us. We are glad that our customer service and room quality met your standards, but we are taken back by the experience with your mattress and the inconvenience of the convention. We would have been more than happy to exchange your mattress for you and your husband and provide special assistance with your luggage. We strive for perfection when it comes to our guest's Pigeon Forge vacation experience. We hope that we have another opportunity to provide a comfortable and convenient stay for you both again soon.

Please, if you would, contact me directly at Exec@MusicRoadHotel.com

Yours in hospitality,
Sande Weiss

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel at least 7 times. The rooms are clean and beds very comfortable. They offer breakfast each morning. It's nice but usually very crowded. There is an inside pool and hot tub plus an outside pool with slide, diving board and lazy river. They also have a snack bar poolside. There is a small game room and a gift shop. Lobby is nice and we really enjoy the large deck/porch that covers the entire rear of the hotel. It has lots of setting areas and a great relaxing view of the stream. Request a mountain view room for the best views. We usually stay in a standard room, but have stayed in their family suites. They offer much more room and a small kitchen. This hotel is in a great location and its perfect for families!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here during a recent convention. The front desk staff was very nice and friendly. My room was on the 7th floor and was a king size room, with a fireplace and hot tub. The fireplace was found to work well. I didn't use the hot tub. The room and bathroom was clean. The bed was soft. There was a flat screen tv with several channels. The room was quiet. I had balcony that overlooked the river. The indoor and out door pools were open. I did not use either one, but they looked clean. The breakfast was good, but typical hotel food. I would return here.

• Stayed April 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed a weekend in Pigeon Forge at the Music Road Hotel. We had one of the rooms that had two queen beds, sleeper sofa, and kitchen area with bar stools. This room was very nice, clean and spacious. The balcony was a wrap around with view of the river and toward the main area of Pigeon Forge. They provided coffee 24 hours a day in the lobby and breakfast was very nice with an assortment of breakfast items. Breakfast included gravy, biscuits, bacon, eggs, bagels, toast, Danish rolls, fresh fruit, cereals, and fresh cinnamon rolls and more. The pool and hot tub area was kept clean and plenty of towels were provided for swimmers. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Our stay was nothing but pleasant. Music Road Hotel is our choice of hotels.

• Stayed April 2013
Woodbury, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stayed one night at this hotel and it was fabulous!! The indoor and outdoor pools were great. The furnishings throughout the hotel were beautiful! The mattresses were comfortable and the beddings and linens were to die for! I actually bought 5 of their down pillows before leaving because they were absolutely amazing! And finally, the breakfast was great! It was so nice just to leave your room, walk a few steps to get breakfast. There was so much to choose from and it was all delicious! The ladies at the front desk were so friendly and helpful. Love this place!

Room Tip: I asked for a lower level room. We ended up with a 2nd floor room and loved it.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husbands company books this hotel every 18 months for conferences but us spouses get to enjoy the ameneties of the hotel and the the towns surroundings while they are all in meetings :) This year was my first trip, and I LOVED this hotel!!

We had a double queen room with a fireplace and a beautiful view of the river from our 7th floor balcony. The rooms were extra nice and clean.

I like how the the hotel sits off the main road so you don't have to deal with a lot of traffic, and The Music Road Hotel and The Music Road Inn (across the street) are a joint hotel. In order to take advantage of the fitness center, you have to go across the street to the Inn. That was probably the only negative thing I have about my stay.

Great for hotel for kids because of it's mini water park with a lazy river, pool and slides.

I had a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: We stayed in 705 and it was very nice. Great view with a fireplace.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

It was such a pleasant surprise to find this hotel and spend a two-night stay after a long two-week trip. When traveling, I tend to book reservations in hotels we've stayed in previously, but this time I stepped outside the box and booked a new hotel to us - the Music Road Hotel in Pigeon Forge, TN - and I am so glad I did. This is a lovely hotel with friendly people, a beautiful backdrop of a large flowing stream behind the hotel with Canadian geese and mallard ducks enjoying the water; and a beautiful stone wall balcony. As you enter the hotel, you are in a large open area with a large stone fireplace and a beautifully decorated sitting area. The hotel is very clean, open, and large; very welcoming. The desk clerk was very nice and registration was quick and easy. Our room was on the second floor - Room 210. It was very nice and spacious, with two queen beds, a closet with a fridge and microwave contained in it, and a large spacious two-sink lavatory. The air conditioner worked quite well, and I am very hot-natured so I like my A/C cold. The rate for this room was $70.20/night, tax of $8.60 (9.75% tax), for a total charge per night of $78.80. We decided to spend a second night, which did not prove to be a problem. The only negative thing I can say about this hotel is the breakfast area and the foods that are prepared. There were several ladies working in the breakfast area but I saw most of them just standing in the kitchen talking. With as many ladies as were standing in the kitchen, they could have been picking up trays from the guests, asking if they need coffee/juice refills, etc. I also want to mention that some of the food items were stale, such as the cereals, and again most items are microwaved, eggs were the consistency and taste of powdered eggs, bacon was microwaved and at times looked like leather, and most of all -- THERE WAS NOT A WAFFLE MAKER, which is a breakfast staple in case all other foods fail discriminating tastes. Everything about our stay at the Music Road Hotel was wonderful, with the exception of the breakfast, and we will definitely stay there again very soon. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Sevierville-Pigeon Forge area. We loved it!

Room Tip: Our room was 210. It had a balcony on the second floor and overlooked the parking lot facing the fr...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family