“Really Great Stay”

Music Road Resort Hotel
Ranked #21 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This was my first time staying at the Music Road Hotel and it was great. Great service, staff, breakfast buffet and my room was clean and even had a fireplace that made it easy to fall asleep. My floor was quiet and that I am always watchful about because I'm a light sleeper. Thanks to all of those who work there, you made my stay GREAT. I'll definitely be returning next year. The river behind it was so peaceful to watch. Great location since it was almost in the middle of the main drag in Pigeon Forge.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
MusicRoadResort, Manager at Music Road Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear Ruth,

Thank you for this lovely review of our property! We are delighted that you enjoyed the service you received, your fireplace room, and breakfast buffet. We look forward to your visit with us again next year!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have been coming for several years now to the WWW held at your facilities. Have stayed at both the Inn and the Hotel. They are top notch. Always so clean and comfortable. Just wanted to say thanks for all you do and for the good employees that you have that keep things so nice for us. The hot breakfasts were delicious. I know our group kept them busy but they were always so polite.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
MusicRoadResort, Manager at Music Road Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear Marlene,

Thank you for this wonderful review of our property. We enjoy the Wilderness Wildlife Week every year and all of the guests that we have the opportunity to serve. It is great to hear that you have excellent experiences with us every visit. We hope we will see you again soon!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

All the employees were very courteous, friendly and willing to help in any way they could. The hot breakfast every morning was delicious. We especially appreciate the men who moved one mattress on top of the other to accommodate my husband's disability. I love the gas fireplace in the lobby which makes a person feel at home. It was so great to be able to gather IN the lobby each evening after our sessions and sing our favorite hymns & songs. What a blessing! Thank you so much. MAY GOD RICHLY BLESS YOU ALL. Sid & Judi Clay

• Stayed: February 2013
Ryan B, Manager at Music Road Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Dear guest,

Our staff was blessed by your group. We love having you at our hotel and am so glad that we were able to make your stay comfortable. We hope to see you next year!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have been coming to this hotel about the last 6 years. This is the only and favorite hotel in Pigeon Forge in my opinion. I have stayed at other hotels here, but no more since I found Music Road. The riverview is so peaceful. The breakfast is great. The best staff ever with friendliness and professionalism. Ms. Betty Cooter is the most absolute sweetest lady. She remembers me each year as if I have known her forever. If I had the capablity to give her what she is worth at her job I would. Better not because I don't want her to retire. lol. That is not just a job to her. It's like we are all family because I go to this hotel 2-3 times a year. I can not say enough about Music Road Hotel. The rooms are spacious and always clean. The beds are so comfy. If you need anything during your stay they will take care of you!!! Be back at Spring Back. I recommend to all and my friends and family!!!!!
Christy Minnear

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Christy,

Thank you for this fantastic review of our property. We are so delighted to be your home away from home. Ms. Betty Cooter is certainly a treasure that we cherish. Just like her, providing first-class service and accommodations for our guests is much more than a job to us, it is a joy and a pleasure. We look forward to your visit during Spring Break!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and I just returned from a square dancing weekend, held at the hotel and covention center. This was far and away better than any hotel experience we've had in the past. (I travelled worldwide for 10 years and never had such a good experience overall) The front desk staff were so friendly and helpful,(especially Betty) the facilities for dancing were well kept and the staff kept us supplied with ice water to keep us going. The room was spacious with a great view of the river from the balcony
and the jacuzzi in the room was an unexpected treat. As far as I'm concerned, excellent is an understatement for rating the hotel; it's the BEST. We'll be back there next year for another sqaure dancing weekend; I wish the group would schedule more of those weekends at this hotel.
Dale and Patty

Room Tip: Ask about the rooms with a jacuzzi and king bed on the river side.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Ryan B, Manager at Music Road Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear Dale,

Thank you for this superb review of our property! We are delighted that you had one of your best hotel experiences here with us. We agree that our jacuzzi rooms overlooking the river are simply splendid. We look forward to your next visit to square dance at the convention center. A cup of ice water will certainly be waiting for you!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

On a last minute decision my husband and I decided we would steal a night away and rent the honeymoon suite. The check in was fast and the room was nice. The view was GREAT!! The mountains seem to bring me peace :)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for this wonderful review. The Great Smoky Mountains bring peace to us as well. There is nothing like waking to a beautiful view of these majestic mountains from your private balcony. We hope you will choose to steal another romantic night away here soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I usually enjoy staying in better chain hotels just for the consistency. Due to certain circumstances, we ended up staying at this hotel on a visit. I'll admit we were very pleased with our visit.

The check-in staff and front desk people were professional and friendly. Our suite was quite roomy and very clean. They have a good sized pool area for the kids with both an indoor and outdoor pool, lazy river and a water slide. The continental breakfast was every bit as good as what you find at Holiday Inn.

It's not a major issue but the only negative we really saw was that it appears the property might be ready for some updating. There was some worn carpeting, walls and so on. It was certainly nothing that took away from the two nights we spent there.

If you're a person who doesn't care for major chain hotels, want to stay somewhere centrally located or just want a chance of pace, you might want to look into this place. We would probably stay here again.

Room Tip: I would stay on the back side so you don't have to listen to the noise from the pool area.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Thank J. L. S
Ryan B, Manager at Music Road Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear J.L.S.,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are delighted that you consider us a top-rated hotel in Pigeon Forge, TN and that you may stay with us again. We are glad that the water park, guest rooms, and hot breakfast exceeded your expectations. Each year we update different features of the hotel so you never know what new renovations you may find. We are excited to share that each guest room recently received brand new, beautifully handcrafted wood furniture made right here in Tennessee. Thank you for your comments as we are always looking to improve our guest's experience.