All reviewsdiving boardlazy rivercinnamon rollsindoor poolconvention centeroverlooking the riverfamily suiteopen hoursbagelssausage gravybiscuitsvery nice hotelgreat place to stayloved this hotelfree breakfastkids loved the poolrocking chairs
Reviewed April 5, 2012

We took a mini trip to Pigeon Forge this past weekend and found the Music Road Hotel at the last minute. Our family of 4 stayed in a queen deluxe room overlooking the pool and where surprised when we arived by the cleanliness of the hotel, the kindness of the staff and the rooms were spacious and extremely comfortable! We travel a lot and I have to emphasize the comfort of the beds!!! Pillowtop matresses, and we prefer their pillows over ours! This will be our only choice going forward as we have visited this area 1-2 times a year for the past 12 years and have never enjoyed the comfort like this visit!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank iKimpa
Ryan B, Manager at Music Road Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2012

Thank you so much for the kind words! We are so glad you found us to be your new home away from home. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed March 21, 2012

This Hotel was a WONDERFUL place to stay. It backs up to river, has a wonderful pool and rafting pool too. The Staff was Amazing, they a CUTE little gift store inside also. It was QUITE. The breakfast was a very change from what you usually get from other hotels. A wide variety of teas,and a REAL hot breakfast ( Not just the waffles). It's near SO many things to do and see. The rooms were clean and smelled nice.

Room Tip: If you can get a room over looking the water at the BACK of the hotel. Don't go up too high or you won't have a view of the water or hear it !
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Sandra M
Reviewed March 19, 2012

My family visited this hotel the second time this month. The rooms are very clean and spacious. The first time we visited, we had a river view room that was very lovely. The outdoor park was not open, but the kids enjoyed the indoor pool. I had no problems whatsoever. The second time was a different story. Nothing was wrong with the hotel itself. The people there was very rude though. I have a 6 year old brother and a 10 year old sister. They loved the outdoor pool this time. There is a small slide, diving board, and lazy river. The only problem was the teenage boys walking up the slides. I was scared to death that a smaller child was going to come down the slide and get kicked in the face. While I was spending time with them in the indoor pool, I put my purse in a chair so that I could sit down when I was done swimming. Three minutes later, a stuck-up looking woman was sitting in my chair. My purse was in the floor beside the chair. When I went to get my purse, she smirked and mouth the word "Thank you." I love this hotel because my siblings have so much fun. But, the people? Unbelievable.

Room Tip: Make sure you go during the week when the traffic isn't back-to-back. My car almost overheated.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Aryana W
Reviewed March 15, 2012

Just returned from my 4th great stay at this property. We go every year in February or March. I cannot advise you on summertime experience or the small waterpark area.

The photos on their own website do not fully represent how nice the place is. Its not 5-star but it is always clean and well maintained.

The lobby is spacious and in the evenings there is a roaring fire in the fireplace and plenty of comfortable seating. We have found ourselves sitting and talking with friends there for hours.

Ask for a mountain view room. Even on the upper floors you can usually hear the Little Pigeon River below when the balcony door is open. The view of the smokies is good for the Pigeon Forge area. There is large patio area between the lobby and the river which is sunny and pleasant from morning through most of the day. There are plenty of rocking chairs out there.

The free breakfast offering is typical of what you might expect from a Springhill or Fairfield type property: bacon eggs cereal.

But there are a lot of dining choices nearby, both local and national chains. For local fare I recommend the Apple Barn or the Old Mill Square restaurant for lunch. Both places are large but well run and delicious. At the Old Mill ask for a table that overlooks the water. Old Mill prices are significantly higher at dinner time so go at lunch.

I'm not an event planner but:

We go each year because my wife helps with a Christian ladies conference. I've helped a couple of years with the Audio / Video and other things for this conference. When I've worked with staff from the various departments (front desk, maintenance, guest services) they've been great.

This year some friends and I went hiking while our wives were meeting and the ladies in charge of keeping breakfast stocked up helped us fill our camelbacks and made sure had plenty of fruit.

Looking foward to next year!

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view or mountain side room. The rooms ending in 15 and 17 on each floor are usually a little larger.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2012

We only live 1 hr 45 minutes away from Pigeon Forge and love going for the night or weekend and we always end up staying at the hotel or the Music Road Inn across the street. They are both very nice with large rooms and complimentary breakfast. The Inn is newer than the hotel but the hotel lobby has a nice large fireplace and the grandchildren love the pool diving board at the hotel which the Inn does not have. All of the staff at the hotel are very helpful. I am sure we will be staying again in the near future!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family