“Front desk needs trained, Plumbing is bad, management no help”
Review of Shular Inn Hotel

Shular Inn Hotel
Ranked #46 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed September 4, 2007

Our Family have stayed at Schular for the past 18 years. This trip was pretty bad. We stayed in room 107. We had requested to stay in the main building when we our reservations was made. That did not happen. We got there at 3:20 P.M. they told us check in time was not till 3:30? The man was really very rude. We left and came back at 4 p.m. When presented what room we was getting. I stated this was not what was promised I had my Confirmation Print out. The young ladies stated we have no other room to place you in. While flirting with these young men who was checking in, who also indeed got a room after I got my key card where I wanted to be. They was remolding the breakfast area. We stayed for 4 nights. They set up in the pool are, they did not even have fruit or toast. Breakfast is a big deal fr families on a budget. We had to go to the store everyday. The second evening I went to the rest room, only had to do #1 and tried to flush. Had to call the front desk to help. The man came in had to use a snake to fix, knocked my brand new swim suit of the floor that cost 79 dollars and wiped the floor up with our towels. I took a comment card and wrote the company to complain. Got no reply, I could not believe the company did not try to make it right for we have been repeat vistors and stayed more then a few days each time. There was a older couple we meant and the front desk kept calling them and threating to put them out for loudness when it was the room next door to them that was making the noise. They called this couple 6 times and even went to the room at midnight.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank two_waters

Reviewed August 13, 2007

this was a motel you do not talk about it was so bad first of all the location our room was it was in the older part of the motel
on the 4th floor at the end, but before you get there you have to ride the elevator up to the 4th floor and coming off the elevator you are hit between the eyes with the strongest smell of urine all the way down the hall so bad it will make you gag! and the room it self is bad too the carpet was dirty and stained the beds I belive they were the first one that were there when motel was built .
remember people don't stay here if you do not want your vacation to be one you do not want to speak about, I am truly sorry to my family that I chose this place.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank jello37
Reviewed July 17, 2007

my family had planned a trip to tennese earlier in the year we had herd about this hotel from a family member so we boked a room .
we had requested a non -smoking room but when we arrived the room they had given was dirty and smelled of smoke . the hotel empolyes assinged us another room this room also smelled like smoke and had bug parts in the lighting .
after the second room we requsted a refund and stayed at another hotel anyone consdering staying DON'T

Stayed: June 2007
1  Thank choir97
Reviewed July 8, 2007

The only word I can use to describe this hotel is Nasty!. Our room was very dark. I think it was to try to hide the stains and mold on everything. My son expected to swim everyday but the pools were dangerously dirty. The outdoor pool had a ring of green slime on the sides, and the inside pool water was so dirty that you couldn't see the sides of it! I was afraid to let my son go in. The maid service pulled the sheets up one day out of 4 but never made the bed or changed the sheets. The elevator worked if you had ten minutes to wait for it, and you could stomach the stained and smelly carpet in it. For the price I paid, I was expecting a decent room. I was extrememly disappointed and strongly advise people to avoid this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank smiley_7
Reviewed June 29, 2007

I was very happy with a recent stay at the Shular Inn. The rooms were very clean, the beds were exceptionally comfortable, and the staff was very nice and helpful. The 24 hour indoor pool and hot tub is beautiful and the outdoor pool and jacuzzi is very nice, too (the temperature of the water at all four was perfect!). And I have to say the free breakfast was the best I have ever had at a hotel; gravy and biscuits, cereal, fruit, muffins, bagels, honey buns, choice of several juices and more. The two buildings are equally nice, UNLIKE some places that have a "good" building for brochures and websites, and a "bad" building that no one knows about until it's too late! I also like how they have the indoor pool in one and the outdoor pool at the other. I was also very satisfied with my rate; about $85 a night which is great in Pigeon Forge on a weekend in June. Go ahead and give Shular Inn a try!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Sleepy02
Reviewed June 25, 2007

Read all the reviews went in expecting some issues and had none. The Customer service was above and beyond and the rooms were Clean and very large. We rented the king size bed and had too much room. The bathrooms were also clean. I would highly recommend this to anyone wanting a really nice room for the price.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2007

The Shular Inn is a very nice recently redecorated hotel. The rooms we had were far above average - more towards excellent. We loved them! Great location right on the Parkway.

One downside is the below average free breakfast. They only have cold cereal, bagels, and gravy biscuits. The breakfast needs to have some fresh fruits, yogurts, boiled eggs, toast, instant oatmeal, and maybe even waffles. If they added these items it would be an above average breakfast bar as well as hotel!

The other downside is that the two pools 1 indoor / 1 outdoor were too small for the number of people in them. The hot tub was nice and large but dangerous to climb in and out of. There is no entry for the hot tub nor any rails. You have to step across a very large wide wall to step down into the tub with nothing to hold on to. This is very dangerous.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family