“GREAT PLACE,,, NO COMPLAINTS!!”
Review of Shular Inn Hotel

Shular Inn Hotel
Ranked #47 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed October 15, 2010

I searched for days looking for a hotel in the Smokies with both a kitchen and an indoor pool and was so relieved when I found the Shular Inn had both!! As others have posted, I am always scared to stay somewhere that I have never stayed before but the Shular Inn by far exceeded my expectations! The staff was so friendly and helpful! The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable, the breakfast was nice, and we all slept so great in our quiet room!! I hope to return again soon and hope to make Shular Inn our new hotel of the Smokies!! Thanks for making our vacation great!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed September 24, 2010

This was a wonderful hotel. I was a little hesitant about staying in a place that I had never stayed, or didn't know anything about. The only bad thing I can say is that the indoor pool and hot tub was a little dirty. It was just after the Rod run, so this could be why. Also there was no place to sit outside, other than the pool area.
The rooms were very clean. Showers, beds, everything was very well maintained. The staff was very helpful, especially the woman who took care of breakfast. She went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed! I would return again and again. Great hotel for the money! The more I was there, the more I enjoyed it!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Tennesseelover37
BettyJo10, General Manager at Shular Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2010

Thank you for your lovely comments and we look forward to your future visit. We sincerely apologize for the congestion of the Rod Run weekend. We are very proud of Barbara, our breakfast hostess and we happily passed on your compliments.

Joyce Gilleland

Reviewed August 22, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for two nights. We were traveling with two other couples so we were given adjoining rooms. Since we were traveling on motorcycles and had limited space, we were happy to hear the hotel had laundry facilities available. They outdoor pool was nice and the area surrounding the pool was very clean. The water in the indoor pool was a very dark shade of green so we stayed away from that pool. The continental breakfast was not much to get excited over and we did end up going to a restaurant for breakfast, which was conveniently located within walking distance to the hotel.
We would definately stay in this hotel again, however this town isn't much for the 40 something travelers with no kids and who enjoy an alcoholic drink, next time we'll travel five more miles to say in Gatlinberg.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 27, 2010

I called the Shular Inn around 9pm on June 13 to reserve a room for that week. I was told, it wasn't neccasary to reserve since I was coming the next day and they have plenty of rooms available. When I arrived the next day, guess what?, NO rooms were available. I have stayed at the Shular before and love it. I was told they had one room for one night, but then I'd have to leave. I wasn't about to stay one night and pack everything up again and go to another Hotel. Needless to say, I was very upset. As was my family. Luckily we were able to find a room at a nice Hotel and didn't have to go back home.
I understand sometimes, thing happen out of their control. But I had credit card in hand and was told "No, need, We have PLENTY of room available".

1  Thank porkupine66
JEhrat, Internet Coordinator at Shular Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2010

We certainly cannot explain what happened to you! It is extremely odd, and we are so sorry! We always take reservations if space if available, just to assure a guest they do have a room. It is our policy to alleviate as many concerns for a guest as possible, and worrying about where to stay when they are out of town is Number 1!

As you can see from our previous TripAdvisor Reviews over the last year, our guests love us and return again and again. Again, we would like to apologize for the way you were treated, and we can certainly understand how this experience will color your perception of our hotel. However, we also hope you will look past this really odd circumstance, and give us another chance to prove how important our guests are to us.

Reviewed June 17, 2010

My family and I stayed in room 331, June 13-17, 2010 and I do not have enough good things to say about the Shular Inn - excellent location, clean room, friendly staff - everything is excellent!!

We did not try the breakfast due to the fact that we slept in every day that we were there. The beds are super comfortable and we all slept very well. We did not hear our neighbors the entire time we were there and the location is supreme...located right on the Parkway within walking distance of all of the attractions in town.

My family and I will definitely be staying at Shular again - Thanks Shular for a great vacation!!!

1  Thank GANixonfamily
JEhrat, Internet Coordinator at Shular Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2010

First, we appreciate that you chose the Shular Inn for your vacation stay while in Pigeon Forge!
Second, we really appreciate your writing to let us and the world know that you had a great stay! :o) We are so glad everything was to your liking and contributed to your having a great vacation! Our friendly staff strives hard every day to give every guest the experience you had!

Again, thank you for letting us know, and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in town!

Reviewed June 3, 2010

I can't believe anyone has anything bad to say about this hotel. No, it isn't the Ritz, but you aren't paying for the glitz!!! It is right on the parkway so that you can walk to almost anywhere, there is a microfrig in EVERY room, they have QUEEN size beds (great for larger people or big teenage boys to share), the indoor pool and hot tub are open 24 hours a day, the continental breakfast includes biscuits/gravy, sausage, etc. We have never had a bad experience here and the staff is always helpful. As return guests, they always welcome us back and make special accommodations if needed - extra pillows, etc. I am pretty picky but don't expect a luxury hotel for the money...I do however expect VERY clean room as well as prompt maintenance or attention to any problems we have. Never had a problem ehre that they weren't more than willing to accomodate!! One of my girlfriends complained that the hot tub had too mucb chlorine in it - but I consider that a bonus, as I want to smell the chlorine to KNOW it is clean!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family

Thank you so much for expressing your pleasure with our hotel! And to know that you are a repeat guest makes it even more special - our business cannot survive without pleasing guests enough so that it makes them want to return again and again!

We look forward to your next visit with us! Again, thank you so much for choosing the Shular Inn, and for writing!

Reviewed August 31, 2009

My husband and I along with 2 teenagers stayed a week here in July..

The rooms were clean and very affordably priced. they were everything we needed, altho next time I would love to get the suite with the full kitchen...

YUM!! The complimentary breakfast with the biscuits and gravy were a huge hit the with guys....us gals loved the muffins and danish

AWESOME! The 24 hr indoor pool and hot tub were a bigtime bonus..When we first arrived the indoor pool water was rather cool, but after we inquired about it, the weather had dropped from the 90s to the 80s and 60s at nite over the last few days, so they turned the heat up....the hot tub was great on my tired body after that horseback ride..........wonderful.....

SLEEPIN ON THE CLOUDS!!!! I have rheumatoid arthritis and cannot sleep in most beds and usuallly take the sofa...theses beds were the most comfortable I have had in years....I actually was able to sleep for the first time.....they didnt feel like i was lying on a bed of pebbles...and when mama can rest, everybody sleeps.

The staff was very friendly, eager to assist if needed, and very helpful with information on "off the beaten path" things to do. They mailed some pcards for me without me having to go look for stamps..

We will most definetely be back here as soon as we can.

THANK YOU FOR MAKING OUR VACATION ONE WE WILL CHERRISH AND REMEMBER FOR YEARS TO COME..GOD BLESS YOU!!

The Plowman Family