“Nice Place to Stay for Your Dollars....”
Review of Shular Inn Hotel

Shular Inn Hotel
Ranked #45 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Dickson, Tennessee
“Nice Place to Stay for Your Dollars....”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We was in the building where the Dining room was located, on the top floor, therefore our room was entered into from the inside. Our room was very clean and neat, bathroom had tub, separate shower and double sinks. Also had a LED lit spa tub. Swimming pool was very clean. The complimentary breakfast was very good, biscuits, gravy, eggs, cereal, Danish assortment among many other items. Very roomy dining room as compared to many other places we stayed in Pigeon Forge. The front desk ladies was extremely friendly and helpful as was the other staff. The will absolutely be one of the places we stay again when we go back!

Room Tip: Stay in the building with the Dining Room... I believe it's building B.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TN-Southern-Belle-01
gmsip, General Manager at Shular Inn Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
We are so happy to hear you had a great stay and we look forward to your next visit. You must return this Summer and enjoy our outdoor pool and hot tub. Very relaxing. Thank you for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Pulaski, Virginia
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Friendly staff with clean rooms a great pool and in the center of all the action in Pigeon Forge.We had a free nice breakfast there during our stay and the indoor pool was open 24 hrs my kids loved that.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank cdavis2014
gmsip, General Manager at Shular Inn Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you. We are very happy to hear you had a good stay. Look forward to seeing you again soon.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We stayed two nights at this hotel.I thought it was decent, maybe a little steep for the price, however my daughter loves to swim(who btw is 4 and has muscular dystrophy)and its great for her so we went for the 24 hr pool.The second day, however, I was taking a nap and the housekeeper opened up our door and looked in and then shut it.My four yr old was scared to death and says she didn't even knock first.no big deal....When we get ready to leave, I was running late and left a bag behind.I call and go back two hrs later because my daughters Nintendo DS,toys, and clothes were in it.They had the bag waiting for me at the front desk and I was so relieved! I told them thanks so much and was on my way.Five minutes later my daughter asks to play her D.S and of course its the only thing missing out of the bag!!I called back and the manager tells me basically that nobody has been in the room so if there's any other way to assist me then to let him know.As if his housekeeper didn't have pockets?My four yr old can't do many things...run jump or even get up and down from the toilet... but she could play her DS and loved taking pictures with it!!I'm sure the housekeepers make a fortune on what's left behind..and of course I'm to blame for being forgetful, but anyone that would take from a child is disgusting.The hotel itself is decent, but BEWARE of dishonest employees who clearly have access to your room...whether its vacant at the time or not.Two thumbs down!!!

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank mandosmom23
gmsip, General Manager at Shular Inn Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
This is a most unfair accusation. Most of our employees have been employed for over ten years. Our employees are courteous, honest and eager to assist our guests. You left our Hotel and called back to tell us you had left a bag of things in the room. You told us the bag was tied and looked like a bag of garbage. At the time of your call to us, no one had entered your room. We went to the room to get the bag you told us about and brought this bag to the desk. We asked you if this was the bag you had left. You took the bag and left our Hotel. WE NEVER KNEW WHAT WAS IN THIS BAG.

We do feel sad your daughter has lost or misplaced her game.
Loudon, Tennessee
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Our hiking group stayed here in January and it was much nicer than I expected. The room was very clean and odor free and the beds were comfortable. They have a really nice indoor pool area. The breakfast room was larger than most with a good variety of hot foods. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in the back building which is where the breakfast room is.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lisa W
gmsip, General Manager at Shular Inn Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you.

Our hotel does offer a comfortable stay with a good hot breakfast. Look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Dandridge, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed January 23, 2014

My family and I stayed in the Shular Hotel while we were visiting Pigeon Forge. It is in such a great location. The room was very clean and spacious. The bed was very comfortable. I slept great! I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Kristi B
gmsip, General Manager at Shular Inn Hotel, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you so much for your nice comments and choosing to stay with us. We take pride in our cleanliness, service and location, but most of all in the opportunity to be part of the memories you make visiting Pigeon Forge. It is a pleasure to have you as part of the Shular Inn Family,we look forward to having you back soon.
Florida
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stayed here as part of a package where you have suffer through a timeshare presentation. Most of the hotels available with the package looked terrible, but I was glad I checked them all and found this one. We stayed in the back building. Our room was fine. Breakfast was quite good, though there are a lot of tours that book this hotel and it can get crowded. There are a variety of accommodations. There is a nice indoor pool and hot tub - especially welcome after hiking in the park. The back building is across the street from the main building and there was no traffic noise. It is a Wyndham hotel. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank retired-teacher60
gmsip, General Manager at Shular Inn Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
We are very pleased to hear you had a good stay and we thank you for your nice comments. We do have two buildings. Our front building houses our 24 hour indoor pool area and lobby area and our back building houses our outdoor pool and breakfast lobby. Our guests enjoy both buildings. Glad to hear you slept well and we look forward to your next visit.
LaGrange, Georgia
Reviewed January 10, 2014

First of all this motel was one of the BEST priced places that we found. Everything was very nice because the room had been renovated. The key to staying here is to ask for a room in the back building. The odd thing is their breakfast area, But breakfast was not bad at all.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back building. This building has been renovated and breakfast is served in th...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Tracey B
gmsip, General Manager at Shular Inn Hotel, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for the comments about your recent stay with us. We are a multiple building property with the 2nd building hosting the breakfast area and outdoor pool, while the 1st building hosts the indoor pool and lobby. We strive to be a property that provides something for everyone, we hope that you had that experience at The Shular Inn. We are happy that you enjoyed the breakfast and we welcome your return in the future. It would be an honor to have you stay with us again (in the building of your choice, of course).