Shular Inn Hotel
Ramada Pigeon Forge North(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$59
Very Good 4/5
La Quinta Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$109
Great 4.5/5
Super 8 Pigeon Forge-Emert ST(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$60
Very Good 4/5
MainStay Suites(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$110
Great 4.5/5
Music Road Resort Hotel(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$110
$42
Very Good 4/5
Econo Lodge Riverside(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$71
EconoLodge
Great 4.5/5
Clarion Inn Dollywood Area(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$72
$68
ClarionHotels
Excellent 5/5
Creekstone Inn(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$59
$55
  • Breakfast included
The Inn at Christmas Place(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$159
$149
Excellent 5/5
All reviewsindoor poolsecond buildingmain buildinghour poolhot tubbiscuitsbagelsthe room was nicefree breakfastthe breakfast areaspring breakhot breakfastrooms were very cleancomedy barnfamily vacationmini fridgegravy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 15, 2008

My sons and I stayed at the Shular for 3 nights. I thought that the indoor and outdoor pools were very very nice. I did not enjoy the hotel breakfast. It seemed as if there wasn't a wide enough selection and there wasn't quite enough food to go around. If you are going to book a room there, I would advise that you specifically ask for a room in the back building. This hotel has 2 seperate buildings which are divided by a street. I think that the back building is newer, and the rooms were much nicer there than in the front building which borders the main street.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2008

The hotel was very clean and the pool and hot tub was great. The staff at the hotel help me out a lot. One time I lost my cell phone in the hospitality room and the staff let me back in after hours to look for it and that's where I found it. They couldn't be more helpful. The rooms were very clean and they left plenty of soap and towels in the bathroom every day. This hotel is very family-friendly, lots of kids in the pool and the out door pool stays open till midnight. The indoor pool is open 24 hours. The next time I go back to pigeon Forge I will be staying at the shular inn.

• Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed July 8, 2008

I had read the reviews and was prepared for a little old and somewhat dirty hotel. It's weird how these review are either really, really good or really, really bad -- so as someone researching a hotel, it's hard to make an informed choice.

First, if you get this hotel cheap - under $50 a night - you'll be pleasantly surprised. If you pay over $80 or $90 a night, you probably won't be too happy. It's the old saying, "you get what you pay for." And that is probably why the reviews are so skewed one way or another.

Honestly, the hotel isn't terrible. I wasn't afraid I would get bed bugs but given a choice now that I've seen the place, I wouldn't book again.

The room was larger than expected - we were in the back building but it did have a musty smell that cleared out after a few hours. But when entering, it was as if the room hadn't been opened for days. The sheets were clean, bathroom clean enought but the hotel is old and a bottle of Tilex would have gone a long way. There were just parts of the bathroom that were old and dingy. I wouldn't have taken a bath in the bathtub but for a shower it was okay.

The breakfast buffet was nicer than most, with plenty of supply.

The main type of person that was staying at this hotel seemed to be lower income levels, there were guest standing all over smoking (can't smoke in rooms I guess) and there were cigerette butts everywhere. The common stairwells were very dirty. If this hotel just hired a cleaning crew to clean up the common areas once a month it would go a long way. In the breakfast area people seemed to come as they are. Now don't get me wrong, I don't have to be dressed up for breakfast but many of the people were there in their PJs, shirts with holes, no shoes, just lack of common respect.

There were several pool-parties when we were there -- I think lots of families use this hotel for family reunions because they would all get together at the pool for a party. No one was ever disruptive or loud, in fact, the clientel seemed very nice, but definitely not what you would find in a Marriott or even a nicer Holiday Inn.

The hotel needs updating and cleaning but that being said, if you just want a place to rest and get the place cheap -- stay here. If you really want top notch clean . . . .go to some of the newer hotels in the area (Inn at Christmas Place, Fairfield Inn and Suites in Gatlinburg, etc.)

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Elliestar
Reviewed July 1, 2008

When it comes to hotels in Pigeon Forge the Shular Inn cannot be beat. Over the years I have stayed there numerous times and during all four seasons. My husband and I were just there for our vacation. All of the staff are so nice and polite. Our room was very efficient and contained all that we needed. I love that the rooms contain a microwave,refrigerator, and coffee maker in them. There is an outdoor pool and hot tub (water was chilly) and there is also an indoor pool,hot tub, and sauna that is open 24 hours:) The indoor hot tub was sooo wonderful after a long day. The water was nice and hot!!! The hotel has a wonderful full -spread of a breakfast. The biscuits and gravy were awesome. They have cereal,muffins,fruit,coffee,juice,etc. You cannot go wrong with staying at the Shular Inn:)

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2008

I have been staying at Shular for about 15 years now. We have stayed at other hotels when rooms were not available. And they wasnt as nice. So now when we come to the Smokies we make our plans in advance so we can stay here. I enjoy the building in the rear it is alittle quieter and more relaxing. And we really enjoy the out door pool. everythings always so clean and ready for us when we arrive. I always tell everybody to stay there. And when we see people afterwards they always say that they just loved it and they intend to go back.

Stayed: April 2008