Shular Inn Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Mountain View Inn(Pigeon Forge)
View Hotel
Island Drive Lodge(Pigeon Forge)
  • Breakfast included
Timbers Lodge(Pigeon Forge)
Parkview Motel(Pigeon Forge)
View Hotel
Valley Forge Inn(Pigeon Forge)
View Hotel
All reviewsindoor poolsecond buildingmain buildinghour poolhot tubbiscuitsbagelsthe room was nicefree breakfastthe breakfast areaspring breakhot breakfastrooms were very cleancomedy barnfamily vacationmini fridgegravy
Reviewed July 1, 2008

When it comes to hotels in Pigeon Forge the Shular Inn cannot be beat. Over the years I have stayed there numerous times and during all four seasons. My husband and I were just there for our vacation. All of the staff are so nice and polite. Our room was very efficient and contained all that we needed. I love that the rooms contain a microwave,refrigerator, and coffee maker in them. There is an outdoor pool and hot tub (water was chilly) and there is also an indoor pool,hot tub, and sauna that is open 24 hours:) The indoor hot tub was sooo wonderful after a long day. The water was nice and hot!!! The hotel has a wonderful full -spread of a breakfast. The biscuits and gravy were awesome. They have cereal,muffins,fruit,coffee,juice,etc. You cannot go wrong with staying at the Shular Inn:)

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2008

I have been staying at Shular for about 15 years now. We have stayed at other hotels when rooms were not available. And they wasnt as nice. So now when we come to the Smokies we make our plans in advance so we can stay here. I enjoy the building in the rear it is alittle quieter and more relaxing. And we really enjoy the out door pool. everythings always so clean and ready for us when we arrive. I always tell everybody to stay there. And when we see people afterwards they always say that they just loved it and they intend to go back.

Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed May 26, 2008

We have stayed here a total of 5 times in the last two years. The staff is always helpful, the rooms are exceptionally clean along with the bathrooms. The rooms are cleaned daily. The location is perfect you can walk to almost anywhere. The indoor pool is open 24hrs which my teenager loves. The breakfast is also good. I would recommend staying here. We have reservations again for June.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 13, 2008

I've been staying at the Shular Inn for many, many years now. The rooms are always neat, clean and well equipped with amenities. The beds and pillows are sooooo very comfortable. The television sits in a nice armoire. We stayed in a room with a fully equipped efficiency kitchenette. This was definitely the way to go since we had a toddler with us. The shower was very roomy and had the adjustable massage showerhead. The bathroom also has the built in hair dryer. We had an iron and ironing board, The staff is always hospitable and very quick with check- in and check-out. I love the fact they have 2 pools; one indoor heated and one outdoor. They also have 2 children's pools. What I have to boast about the most though is the outdoor Warm Spring. Ahhhh! Refreshing and relaxing, especially at night after a long day of sightseeing. They also have an indoor hot tub and sauna which are a delight as well. The Shular Inn hosts a wonderful continental breakfast that I've never experienced in other hotels..One entire wall is full of different breakfast stations filled with delicious, fresh food. Clean is the word again here also. I am very particular about cleanliness in hotels. The Shular Inn is by far one of the best I have stayed in. The overall statement about this hotel..........you get lots of bang for your buck! The room rates are very, very affordable. The best perk is the complementary breakfast each day. We all want quality accomodations when we travel and the Shular Inn is the place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed April 17, 2008

My family and I have stayed at the Shular a few times but our last two stays have been bad. Our last stay before this one was about two years ago. I called on our way down and booked the room. Little did I know that it was during the car show. There was no parking at all because people had put chairs in the parking places. I went in to complain and was told to move the chairs. I wasn't very happy and asked if I could just cancel my room. (We had no clue it was during the car show we were just looking at a place to crash for one night.) I was told that no I couldn’t cancel that during the car shows they have a no cancellation policy. So I didn't have much choice, we checked it. We ended up changing rooms three times because of various problems. (Hair all over the bathroom, nasty food and spilled drinks in the fridge, Beds unmade and pillows thrown in the floor) When we checked out though we got to talk to the manager and he didn't end up charging us for our stay. So this year we decided to give the place another chance. And I wish that we would not have.

The price is great. You really can't beat it. And the pool is open 24 hours so that is always nice. But I don’t think it’s worth it anymore. We had no problem checking in. We went to our room and at first appearance it was nice. We changed quickly and went to the pool. Yikes it was crowded. I have never seen so many kids in my life. My fiancée and me decided to get in the hot tub, while my little bro tried the pool. We quickly decided against it. I have been to several places and have never seen a dirtier hot tub. I mean when your on the beach you expect a little sand, but this was filthy. All around the outside upper part was brown. It had so much dirt in it that it totally grossed me out. It was like a dirt rim at the top. When the bubbles stopped you could see piles of dirt in it. We decided to go back to the room.

When we got to the room is when we started to really look at it. The beds appeared to be clean but the sheets were very stained. There was stuff on the wall that looked like blood, the toilet was dirty and the shower was about halfway cleaned. The shower curtain had so much mold on it. All the furniture was so dusty that you could write your name on it. At this point we should have called the front desk, but we were already unpacked and thank god only had to stay for 2 nights so we didn't. Also they had the hardest beds I have ever slept in in my whole life.

My honest opinion of this hotel is that it is cheap, but you have to remember that you pay for what you get. If you are looking for clean and nice, If your looking for a place that your children can enjoy the pool and that you and your significant other can relax in the hot tub...go elsewhere. My cousins were down at the same time and they stayed at the Econo for the same price and loved it.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family