“Great room for the price”
Review of Shular Inn Hotel

Shular Inn Hotel
Ranked #46 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Asheboro, North Carolina
“Great room for the price”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Good location, short drive to pretty much anything in Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg or Seiverville. Room didn't look like the pictures on website but still very nice (I assume the pics are from rooms in the newer building). Beds were comfortable and TV and wireless internet worked well. Hot breakfast was good and the breakfast room was nice and a large size. Both the indoor and outdoor pool areas looked very nice. Room was very clean as were all the public areas we saw.

Room Tip: There are 2 buildings. What looks to be the older building of hotel is on the parkway and contains...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
gmsip, General Manager at Shular Inn Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for your comments. Shular Inn, Pigeon Forge, TN, does have two buildings. Our front building houses our 24 hour indoor pool and registration lobby and our back building houses our outdoor pool and breakfast area. The hotel is in a great location for all the activities of Pigeon Forge.

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and you had a good nights sleep. We look forward to your next visit. Again, thank you for choosing Shular Inn Pigeon Forge, TN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Erlanger, Kentucky
Reviewed June 5, 2013

The rooms were exactly as pictured, clean, ample pillows and very comfortable beds. We were in the second building and it was quiet and beautifully appointed. The staff were friendly & helpful.

The breakfast room was well set out and had a nice buffet available. If I ever come back to America...and more specifically Pigeon Forge there is no doubt in my mind where I'll be staying.

Your Aussie friends

Room Tip: I look at the reviews and take the overall view...lets face it you can't please all of the peopl...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
gmsip, General Manager at Shular Inn Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you very kindly for your wonderful comments. Our hotel is "awesome" and we appreciate your visiting with us.

The Smoky Mountains are always beautiful no matter what time of year you visit, so we definitely look forward to seeing you again.
Paris, Kentucky
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Do not be fooled by their glitsy web page. We stay in Pigeon Forge often and we thought we would try someplace different. This IS NOT the place.
When we arrived there was trash in the refrigerator. I called the front desk and they issued an "I am sorry." And after the maid left I went to use the bath and there was hair on the floor. My son said, "Mommy, don't say anything." So, I didn't, but my husband did. The "manager" brushed it off.
So, let us discuss the facilities. In our room there is water damage in the walls of the bath and on the cieling. It is a Motel, not an Inn or Hotel. Something upgraded? Well, the televisions are nice.
The maid was polite, but the greeting at the desk was luke warm. They make you pay up front and will not just allow you to put a credit card on file. The woman there was blunt and cold. I had a bad feeling IMMEDIATELY.
Have yet to use the pool...hope that is a diffrent experience. I am warning you, do not waste your special vacation here. There are over 1,000 places in which to stay in this area. I believe I will be leaving ASAP. What a hassle.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Vic56738
gmsip, General Manager at Shular Inn Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
This is so unfortunate for both of us. Let me begin with a personal apology and I am sorry I did not get to meet and visit with you. I wish we could have visited. We have a very friendly staff and no one would want you to feel any differently.

When you arrived at 12:40 in the afternoon, front desk staff tried to accommodate an early check in. Their mistake because the room was not quite ready. The front desk was notified of a concern at 4:15pm and immediately corrected. The front desk staff thought they had satisfied your concerns. The next day the housekeeping manager personally attended to your room. We strive for all of our guest to have a wonderful experience. Again, we sincerely
apologize for your inconvenience.
Shelby, NC
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My fellow RN buddy and I spent a week-end of dining and shopping recently in Pigeon Forge for a Nurse's Week and Mother's Day retreat. We enjoyed very much the clean, comfortable room we shared at Shular Inn. The beds were heavenly! Also, an ample supply of pillows for propping up to read or use the laptop. The staff was very welcoming. This a great place to stay for any occasion. Wonderful for families with kids.

Room Tip: The building in the back overlooking the pool was quiet at night. No traffic noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
gmsip, General Manager at Shular Inn Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you!

We love helping you make memories and we always want you to have a great time at our hotel. Shular Inn, Pigeon Forge, Tennessee does have wonderful beds. All of our guests enjoy a good night's sleep and we are happy to hear you did as well.

Summer is alive in Pigeon Forge and our outdoor pool is open and very refreshing after a busy day of shopping. More places open and ready for your enjoyment. We look forward to your next visit.

Thank you very kindly.
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights and loved it. We have stayed other places but I think this is about our favorite. Very nice room and clean. The breakfast was good. The indoor pool was so nice. The outdoor pool looked nice but it was dirty when we went. The person at the front desk said it had rained the week before we went. We wanted to use the hot tub but it was dirty too. We just enjoyed the indoor pool. It was close too everything. Over all we enjoyed our stay. We will always stay here when we go to pigeon forge!

• Stayed May 2013
gmsip, General Manager at Shular Inn Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!

We certainly appreciate your kind comments and look forward to your visits. Summer has arrived and Pigeon Forge is action packed, so ---- hurry back!!
Indian Head, Maryland
Reviewed May 24, 2013

What a great choice for Pigeon Forge. My husband and I don't even look for another place to stay for our annual trip to Pigeon Forge. We come down each year for the F-100 Supernationals and have been coming to the show for years. For the last 5 years we havent had to "find" a place because the rooms are clean, the staff is always friendly, the location is great. The breakfast is a good array daily and parking, even with a trailer is never an issue. See you next year Shulur Inn!

Room Tip: If you have a trailer the back building is the best.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful comments and compliments. As always, we really appreciate your visits and we want you to have a memorable visit.

Don't forget, the Shades of the Past and the Grand Fall Run are in September. Beautiful cars and trucks everywhere.

Hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed May 23, 2013

The front desk lady at the Christmas Inn recommended shular inn to me and my family because they did not have any vacancy! We went there and I was very impressed and pleased with my room, my service and what Shular Inn had to offer us! My daughter loved the fact the indoor pool was open 24 hours! The Contiental Breakfast was very good! We can't wait to go back and stay there on our next trip to Piegion Forge!! I recommend you to stay at this Hotel!! The Beds were very comfortable and absoulty clean and well taken care of!!!! Room smelled nice and clean! I can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for your comments and for letting us know another hotel in the area referred you. We appreciate their confidence in our hotel and amenities as well.

Glad to hear you slept well and had a fantastic stay. Shular Inn has wonderful mattresses. Everyone compliments us on their good night's sleep.

We delight in hearing from you and we always want to know what you liked and what you need to make your stay the most enjoyable for you and your family.

Look forward to your next visit.