“Well worth the price”

Motel 6 Pigeon Forge North
Ranked #85 of 91 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed September 10, 2007

My daughters and I went for an overnight school shopping trip. The rates attracted us since they were much cheaper than the other hotels nearby. The room was small but clean. The bathroom was good-sized. It's a pet friendly hotel,but you would not have known. Overall,we had a good experience here.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank carli66

Reviewed August 3, 2007

I love the outdoor pool and spa I was in it everynight.There is an outside area with this gorgous willow tree and flowers and you can sit there and enjoy your morning coffee.The internet connection was the only promblem I had when I was there it would not work but other then that it was clean friendly and a wonderful vacation.I meet wonderful people and staff.everyone was so helpful.the pool is also opened 24-7 wonderful .I will be back

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank menakisses
Reviewed July 27, 2007

Yes, rooms were cheap, but you get what you pay for. I did not see any remodeling either. Our room had a horrible smell as did the hallways. Not sure what it was. The pool was nice, but the jets in the hot tub did not work properly and had way too much chlorine in it and my legs were on fire afterwards. They do allow pets and there was a small, noisy dog directly across the hall from us who did nothing but bark all evening. Luckily, he slept at night. The beds were horrible. It was like sleeping on a concrete floor. The mattresses and pillows were hard and after one night, I got a stiff neck from them and I still have it. The front desk people were nice, but when we checked out a day early, they didn't ask how our stay was or why we had decided to leave. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and will not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank tnsmokygirl
Reviewed July 15, 2007

On the web site it says "newly remodeled in 2007" but I didn't see where. The room was fairly clean. We requested non smoking, we were right next to the back door so I think we got the smell of peoples smoke from outside. They do allow dogs so if you have any allergies make sure to get a dog free room

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2007

This was an OK motel, it was clean in the rooms but the corridors were not that great. For the price though I was quite happy. There was a swimming pool and a hot tub the pool was not heated and was a bit chilly. Good location though for Pigeon Forge and Dollywood.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank kamiki
Reviewed January 1, 2007

I stayed here for 4 nights.

1st night:
Had booked a non smoking room on the internet, but told only smoking rooms available. Given a small smoking room with 1 bed. Room clean, no obvious smoky smell. All appeared ok.

2nd night:
Awoken at 2 am in the morning by the door to the next room banging, followed by a loud and seemingly violent argument between 3 men and 2 women in that room. Reception totally unhelpful, and noise continued for more than an hour before 3 people left by the fire exit and the remaining occupants quietened down.

From the "discussions" heard through the fairly thin walls it initially appeared that 3 men had brought 2 "professional" ladies to join them, but it turned out that a couple had brought 3 newly met drinking buddies to their room when everywhere else closed. Once they'd finished drinking the "visitors" left to go to their own hotel, with talk of meeting up the following evening.

3rd & 4th nights:
Moved to a room far away from my original one. This one was non-smoking with 2 beds and thankfully quiet at night.

If you're lucky you'll get a quiet room with the standard motel 6 amenities. But if you're unlucky, it could be party central next door and you'll get no peace until the party ends.

• Stayed: October 2006
5  Thank So_Far_Travelled
Reviewed December 21, 2006

My daughter wanted to gl "llama trekking" with her dog on Bluff Mountain, near Pigeon Forge. So I needed a cheap, pet friendly hotel in the Pigeon Forge area. So I booked the Motel 6 based on Tripadvisor reviews. The hotel was modern, friendly and clean. Nothing fancy, but most acceptable. The staff was always ready to help, and they really like dogs. The room was very nice and clean. The hotel is NOT located on the main parkway, but that was an advantage to us. Being off the Parkway meant that it was quiet and secure. And behind the hotel is a large area where our dog could run and "do her business" without much danger. This area is not fenced, but it is very large and grassy. And the price was right. Don't hesitate to stay here, especially if you want to bring your dog.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with family