“Great place”

Ranked #83 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
lenoir
“Great place”
Reviewed May 28, 2010

Had a really good time! Just needed a place to lay my head and keep my belongings! I pull back sheets and check for bugs, hairs, and anything else that may show poor housekeeping... it was perfect! The shower was very clean... Can't beat that for a price under $40

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
JEhrat, Internet Coordinator at Motel 6 Pigeon Forge North, responded to this review, June 1, 2010
Thank you for choosing to stay with our Motel 6 while in Pigeon Forge! We are glad you gave us a thorough going over - we can stand the test, and pass with flying colors, as you pointed out!

We appreciate your taking the time to write and let us know our staff did a great job! We will certainly pass your note onto them. They work hard every day and it's always nice to be appreciated!

We look forward to seeing you here again the next time you are in town!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Paris, Kentucky
Reviewed March 3, 2010

This was our first Motel 6 experience. We typically stay in "fancier hotels", but talked about the money that we usually waste because we never use any of the amenities. With that decision, we decided to try Motel 6. Overall, I was very pleasantly surprised. We will definitely stay at a Motel 6 in the future.
In regards to this particular hotel,
Positives:
1. Great location-right in Pigeon Forge
2. Felt secure
3. Good shower.
4. Decent bed
Negatives:
1. I expected no shampoo, etc, but no hand soap? That, I wasn't expecting.
2. The room kind of smelled. In the future, I would bring Fabreeze if I came there.
3. We put the "do not disturb" sign out and they came into our room and moved out things. That was kind of creepy.
4. Pillows were as flat as a folded up shirt. LOL...

It was somewhere to sleep and was 1/3 of the price of competitors. If you want a place you want to hang out and be spoiled, don't stay there. If you want somewhere to sleep, take a shower, and keep your belongings-I highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank isadorra2002
JEhrat, Internet Coordinator at Motel 6 Pigeon Forge North, responded to this review, March 8, 2010
We want to sincerely thank you for giving our Motel 6 in Pigeon Forge a try! We are glad we were able to satisfy your concerns regarding a great location, security, and a good night's sleep. We were very sorry to hear about the smell you report and no soap!!! Obviously, an oversight on our part. We want each guest to have a pleasant stay, and cannot understand how these two items were overlooked. We sincerely hope you notified us at the front desk so we could remedy these immediately! Regarding the pillows - you will will be happy to know they have already been ordered for each room! We hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in Pigeon Forge to show you we care about your comfort, and your comments!
Kentucky
Reviewed November 20, 2009

I was in Pigeon Forge for a conference. While all my coworkers were staying at nearby hotels, I chose to stay at the Motel 6 to save our company money and so I could take my little boy (some people call him a dog, but he's really my child). We had absolutely no problems with this stay.

I made reservations online, like I usually do. Check in was a breeze. The male attendant (sorry, forgot his name) was very friendly. I asked for a REALLY clean room, considering my asthma and allergies. He gave me the room key and I visited the room, immediately approving of it. The lobby was clean, with 24 hour coffee (and hazelnut creamers - thanks!), a microwave, drink and snack machines. There was a large area in the back to walk my boy, and a very convenient garbage can for cleaning up. My floor (2nd) had an ice machine, pepsi and coke machines, and guest laundry.

Our clean and odorless room had a queen bed, 2 pillows, desk, and elevated tv. My husband really liked having free wifi in the room, especially because the remnants of Hurricane Ida came through, making shopping difficult for me. The only thing I wished we would have had (given that it is a Motel 6) was more counter space in the bathroom. It was impossible to keep toiletries on the counter, fix my hair, and do my makeup. Perhaps I could have used the desk had we not had snacks and the computer there. It would not hurt if management could add a floor-length mirror on one of the walls to help with "primping area."

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Virginia
Reviewed September 28, 2009

Upon arrival I was expecting a room with mini-fridge, microwave, iron & board, etc. The room we were given was smaller than my bathroom at home with none of the above...it didn't even have an alarm clock, it smelled awful, the floor was softer than the bed, the pillows were the flattest I have ever seen in my life. Our door didn't shut correctly so every time we went into or out of the room we had to pull and tinker with the door to make sure it was locked. There was a side entrance right next to our room which the lock was broken on meaning anyone could wonder in even without a hotel key. People went in and out of this door all night just letting it slam. We booked this hotel for two nights, after the first one we couldn't bear the thought of staying so we ended up checking out at 10:30 the 2nd night and driving home.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle8456
PigeonForgeHotel, Internet Coordinator at Motel 6 Pigeon Forge North, responded to this review, October 2, 2009
We are sorry your experience at the Motel 6 will not be a pleasant memory. Being the economy type motel that we are, we do not offer the amenities you mentioned, but we do have irons/boards and hairdryers at the front desk for our guests to use.

Our rooms were completely renovated (from floors to walls!) within the last 18 months, so we do not understand the description of the bedding/floors that you provided. We wish you would have let us know about your dissatisfaction - we would have been more than happy to move you to another room that met your standards. We want you to be happy here! We want you to tell your friends positive things about us!

We do hope you will give us another chance the next time you come to Pigeon Forge. And if you do, and on the off-chance something is not satisfactory with your room, please let management know!

Travelers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Cocoa, Florida
Reviewed August 4, 2009

This hotel is almost always the cheapest in the Pigeon Forge and Sevierville areas. We walked in and got a great rate at the last minute on a Saturday ($59 plus tax) when everyone else was charging $85 and up. We didn't expect much and there were, what I call the usual Motel 6 glitches.

First, Motel 6 doesn't provide shampoo so that can be problematic but many low end hotels/motels in the area also do not. Additionally Motel 6 doesn't provide alarm clocks but that's OK since I wear a watch and I can call for a wake up call, and also there is no breakfast (as at all Motel 6s) and that is kind of a standard amenity in today's world of budget motels. There was a patched up spot in the bottom of the bathtub and a hole in the wall next to the toilet (old plumbing I guess). However, everything in the room was clean and many recent improvements were apparent.

It was obvious the carpet was fairly new, as was the bed spread/comforter. We had a great night there just to crash on a two day visit to Dollywood. The location is perfect, just a couple of lights down to either Teaster Lane or Dollywood Lane, both of which will take you to the theme park.

• Liked — Low price, and clean rooms. No fees for pets.
  • Disliked — No breakfast, and some maintenance is needed.
  • Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
PigeonForgeHotel, Manager at Motel 6 Pigeon Forge North, responded to this review, August 18, 2009
Thank you so much for your words of approval about your stay at our Motel 6! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your next visit !
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed July 6, 2009

We stayed at Motel 6 for a girls night out/birthday celebration. I scoured trip advisor to find an affordable yet clean motel and decided on Motel 6. Our standard 2 full bed room was 49.00 tax included and I was suprised at the cleanliness of this hotel and the wonderful customer service. The walls are a little thin and the rooms are small but for over night it suited us perfect. We werent looking for something fancy, just a place to sleep and shower, and it was great. Beds were typical hotel, but there is nothing like sleeping in your own bed. We would stay again no problem!!!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Tennessee
Reviewed March 13, 2009

I have stayed at this Motel 6 many times! Sometimes I am traveling alone and other times with my son. The people at this motel make your stay such a pleasure and do anything they can to make your stay a great one. The rooms are always clean! They allow pets, yet the carpet is always clean and smells fresh. Our dog always travels with me and I will only stay at pet friendly motels. The beds are soooo comfortable and the bedding is clean and bright. The bathroom is spacious and the shower is large. The pool is always clean and they have an outdoor whirlpool. The temp is great to hop into even in the winter. The pool/spa area is open 23 hours daily. This is so wonderful for me since I have some health issues and it allows me to go to the pool and the whirlpool in the late night hours so it is quieter and more peaceful (since the children that are guests there with their parents are usually in their beds sleeping). My son is 21 years old and helps me so much since my health has changed and when he goes with me we thoroughly enjoy the whirlpool even at two in the morning!!! I cannot say enough good things about this motel.

• Stayed December 2008