“Very welcoming to me and my basset hound!”

Motel 6 Pigeon Forge North
Ranked #83 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
“Very welcoming to me and my basset hound!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I had read all the reviews here before heading to the hotel for a week of the Wilderness Wildlife Conference. I had never stayed in a hotel with my basset and was a little worried about it. I wanted to make sure she was good and didn't bother any of my neighbors.

The staff was very welcoming and loved my dog! They took my cell phone number in case my dog made noise. That way, they could alert me to a problem before it got out of hand, giving me a chance to fix the problem before it bothered other guests. Since I only left for two hours at a time (the conference was directly across the street), there was never a problem. My dog is not a barker, but her small whine that she did for about two minutes after I left was not able to be heard by the neighbors (I asked them!).

The maids were very communicative with me about cleaning the room at different times so I could be there with the dog. They kept the room very clean. Another fear I had was that the motel would be covered in pet hair, since so many dogs stay there. The room had no pet hair from previous guests and did not smell like dogs. It was as clean as any hotel of a comparable price.

I can't tell you how nice these people were. They greeted me with smiles and after the week was over, I felt like they were not only my friends, but also my dog's friends. I would stay here any time and if you have a dog you have never traveled with and are worried about taking them along, I suggest this hotel as a place to try it out! They will be patient and kind!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank gangstaboo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Lancaster
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed at motel 6 for two nights, New Years Eve and New Years Night. I was amazed by the cleanliness and the friendly staff. The room was spotless!!! Each time I exited or entered the hotel I was greeted by the staff. AND a plus....they always had hot coffee. I will stay here next time I visit Pigeon Forge and will recommend the hotel to all my friends visiting this area. A+++++ Good job staff!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sandra C
Hamilton, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

Just spent 4 nights at this property.
First....It is a motel that is very pet friendly. If I may, I would suggest bringing a candle with you if you are sensitive to typical pet odors.
Second...The rooms are rather small, however the linens and bathroom were clean.
Room to room noise is typical of a motel with interior corridors.
The property sets far enough away from the main road to not have a lot of traffic noise to deal with.
When we want luxurious accommodations and a free breakfast, we choose to pay for that.
However, when all we want is a place to get a good night's sleep and get up the next day and get out to the attractions, this was fine.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the upper floor if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
GREENVILLE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

We stayed at this motel 6 a few weeks back and had an amazing time. Right in the heart of pigeon forge, big grassy area behind the hotel for pets to exercise, and a wonderful buffet restaurant right across the street called woodfire grill with everything from american to italian & asian. Probably the best steak ive ever eaten, completely melted in our mouths!!!! would recommend to anyone especially those seeking great pet acceptance!!! Close to everything, but at the end of a dead end street so it was quiet. Also very inexpensive so that you have more money for other thing to enjoy!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank COURTNEY G
Virgin Islands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

This hotel was clean and well maintained, the staff was awesome and they accept pets ( unlike the Red Roof Inn that usually does, but not in Pigeon Forge). And it was very inexpensive. Just the kind of hotel I like. Thanks so much.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Deborah Q
tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

We just spent the weekend at 336 Henderson Chapel road in Pigeon Forge and it was very nice, the front desk people went out of thier way to welcome our little doggie and to make sure everything was perfect. I would recommend this brand new hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: this hotel has three stories so if you want the ground floor ask first. they do have an elevator
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

Very small rooms, paper thin walls, people hanging around the check out desk when we came in and went out, really made us feel unwelcome.
First thing in the morning I'm guessing 6am, we awoke to screaming kids, parents and slamming doors. Not to mention the elevator smelled like it was on fire. Beds and pillows were not good, very hard.
Parking was in the back of the lot and was very dark.
Priced much too high for what we received! Don't waste your money!
We will NEVER be back!.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank threeofus1999
Amanda F, Manager at Motel 6 Pigeon Forge North, responded to this review, November 19, 2015
Dear Valued Guest:

The Guest Relations Department of G6 Hospitality informed us of your concerns regarding our Motel 6 property in (Pigeon Forge, TN #4021). They have requested that we conduct all necessary research with those involved and provide you with a resolution.

Please accept our sincerest apologies that your experience was less than satisfactory. It is disappointing to learn that we fell short of our goals in this instance. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your concerns.

I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we hope to see you again at Motel 6 when your travel plans require a night's lodging.

Very truly yours,