“Great Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

La Quinta Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge
Ranked #8 of 89 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Upon early arrival I was greeted and checked in by front desk clerk Kyle he was friendly and helpful, I stayed on the fourth floor and it was very comfy and quiet, the pool and hot tub was great as well, the room could use a little updating and the elevator was very slow at times, but all around my stay was great! I also enjoyed the breakfast and the breakfast host was very friendly. Thanks for making our vacation less stressful

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Eric_Havlin, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
The staff and I thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn. We appreciate your kind words about your resent stay so please hurry back to see us. We look forward to serving you again real soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

I love staying at Red Roof in Pigeon Forge. The prices are reasonable and the rooms are clean. I love the indoor pool and the complimentary breakfast. My husband and I chose this hotel when we got married in Pigeon Forge; our entire family and wedding party stayed here and everyone loved it. It is within walking distance to shopping and family fun as well as a great pizza place. The staff was exceptional. Every employee I came in contact with was smiling and helpful and went above and beyond to make such a special time in our lives that much more memorable. I will be staying here again!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anna O
Eric_Havlin, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
The staff and I would like to thank you for your comments about your recent stay. We want you our guests to know how hard we work to provide each of you with the best accommodation and services possible at an affordable price. Thank you again.
Kernersville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

We always stay at this hotel in Pigeon Forge TN. We have never had a bad experience from the staff and the room is always clean and ready. Breakfast is pretty good too. Location is great with restaurants nearby.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Eric_Havlin, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Pigeon Forge Red Roof Inn. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotel. Thank you again for sharing your experience, I hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.
Saltville, Virginia, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

I booked a room with 2 queen beds on book.com. When we went to the room it had 1 king bed and a pullout sofa. I went to the front desk and showed them my copy of the reservation. The desk clerk rudely said she didn't have anything else. I asked if I found something else could I have my money back. She said if you haven't messed the room up, I have to be able to rent it. We had been in the room about 2 minutes! She treated me like I did something wrong! I called book.com and they spoke with the manager who got us moved to a queen room. When we went to exchange room keys, the desk clerk said," Someone gave their room up for you, they didn't mind sleeping on a sofa." Yeah, I really believed that! She also said if this room doesn't work, we can't move you again. I said, we don't want to be moved again, we only want what we paid for. I don't know how the two women working that day are able to keep their job. I work with the public everyday and you don't treat people that way! The hotel was not bad, but the two employees were so rude, needless to say I will never stay there again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Betty E
Eric_Havlin, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Thank you, for taking the time to share your comments. I would like to personally apologize for the mistake on your reservation. I was glad we were able to work it out and fulfill your request by finding the room accommodation you reserved.

I will be speaking to my staff and making sure they are better prepared to handle this type of situation in the future. Our goal is to provide each of our guests with exceptional service.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Booked a double queen on booking.com, but the last of those rooms was booked nearly at the same time. Very busy long weekend in Pigeon Forge. The hotel gave us an upgrade to a family suite: a bunk bed room with kitchenette, sitting area and XBox, with a King / jacuzzi room attached. Ten to 15 years ago, this would have been a fantastic family room. However, not one item of maintenance appeared to have been done. The bunks were so loose, they were likely unsafe. The linens were limp and dingy; the upholstery on the sofa was old and dirty; there was a funky smell in the room (found a Renuzit in the room, but it didn't seem to help); there was black gunk growing in the doorway between the bedroom and bunk room; the mattress sagged so much that my husband and I (we are both on the smallish side) sunk to the middle. The hotel and booking.com let us out of the remainder of our reservation, for which we were appreciative. If you are looking for a family value hotel, akin to a Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express, this is not it. This is not clean or well maintained enough. The only healthful option for breakfast was a banana -- no other fruit. No lean proteins. The woman maintaining the area actually had a tip jar out.

Room Tip: If you are an average American family, you will not be happy with this hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Suwaneefamilyof4
Thank you, for taking the time to share your comments. I would like to personally apologize for the issues you had with the maintenance and housekeeping services in this room. Let me assure you that all these issues have been addressed with each department and was corrected immediately.

Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn for your lodging needs.
Cartersville, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

we recently stayed at Red Roof in Pigeon Forge. We left the room at approximately 9:00 a.m. and returned at approximately 4:00 p.m. to find that the room had not been cleaned, the bed not made, no clean towels, etc. The clerk on duty at the desk was able to get us a set of clean towels, but said the cleaning staff had left so nothing could be done about cleaning up. This was especially upsetting since we were in the only room with a handicap accessible shower. That translates into a situation in which the shower water will not stay in the shower and flows all over the floor. Be sure you do not get room 120! We did expect that our complaints would at least result in a partial refund of the room charge. But the management felt that a simple "we're sorry" was all the compensation we deserved, even though they charged us for services not received.

Room Tip: Do not get room 120.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Harold B
Thank you, for taking the time to share your comments. I would like to personally apologize for the issues you had with the housekeeping services being overlooked during stay. I would like to address the placement of your room do to your early arrival. You were given the option to wait until the room you booked was ready or the room we had available for early check-in.

Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn for your lodging needs.
Damascus, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We went down to pigeon forge for a 1 night stay and we did not have any reservations.So we went around and we decided to stay at the red roof inn.The room was very nice and breakfast was pretty good and it was a little on the expensive side but all in all it was a good trip.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Eric_Havlin, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn. I appreciate your comments and please hurry back to see us. We look forward to your next visit.