“Great place to stay, but check your bill before you leave!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge
Ranked #7 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed June 28, 2011

My husband and I chose a non-smoking KING bedroom with an AWESOME sofa bed for our 4-yr old son. The room was very clean and neatly decorated. It was not over the top or really fancy if that is what you are looking for. The bathroom is quite small but very clean. Facial soap bar and a small packet of shampoo and conditioner is provided. There are vending and ice machines on all floors. We loved the pool simply b/c it is indoors and the ceiling could be slid open with the help of a clerk to provide an outdoor pool experience. Surrounded by sliding glass doors on all sides that opened during the day and evening hours, also two small patios are off both sides of the pool. Limited breakfast selections but the area is kept clean and full. Biscuits & gravy are provided! Wonderful coffee with premium syrup flavorings offered as well. Our biggest complaint was.... we arrived on a Tuesday and had only booked our room online for one night, to make sure we liked the place. We checked a few other local hotels out that couldn't compare to the cleanliness of the Red Roof, so we came back in Tuesday evening and asked the clerk if we could book the same room for the next two nights being Wednesday & Thursday making check-out Friday. He said sure no problem with a smile... We were doing some online banking via the free wifi the hotel provided which did not include our hotel floor #2 for some odd reason. We could pick up floors #1 & #3.... We noticed we had been billed for the first night, then 2 nights together (wed& thurs) and then for a fourth night we had not requested for $15 more than the other nights as well... We immediately approached the front desk, apparently the clerk had been confused on what day we were checking out. The clerk explained she had fixed it on Red Roof's side, but it would be up to our bank to release the pending transaction.... So, several days later, we still have a hold on those funds for that particular day, the other nights have already cleared the bank. Apparently, transaction mis-haps like this take about 10 days to clear up... so just watch your billing! Other than that we loved our stay. :)

Room Tip: Corner suites are slightly larger
2  Thank Ashlee J
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge

Reviewed June 20, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the last two years. The first time, it was a slow weekend. this time, the hotel was booked solid thanks to a girls softball tournament in town. other than the full parking this time, I didnt notice any difference in service at all. they handled it extremely well. I cant really find anything to complain about. if there is any drawback at all, the elevator is slow and there is only one....If that was every hotels only problem, tripadvisor would be useless. the pool is great for young kids, the rooms are clean, the staff is very pleasant....All-in-all...It isnt the Waldorf Astoria, so if that is what you want, dont stay here. if you can afford the Waldorf, go pay for overpriced stuff and dont take up a room that I may want here!.But if you are a normal family with basic needs of comfort, simplicity and a pleasant stay, I highly recommend this hotel. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Book Online!! Through redroofinn.com
2  Thank CaseyMays
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Right in the middle of everything, pool is open 24 hours, friendly informative staff. Only negative would be no in-room safe.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Our stay was very pleasant. We had just come from a gross hotel and was so relieved to see rooms that were very clean, had nice queen size beds with quality sheets and pillows, nice size TV and a clean bathroom. Staff was very nice and their enclosed, heated pool was perfect for the kids and open 24 hrs. Very impressed and a great value. Also a great, convenient location. Would definitely stay again.

1  Thank tennessee99
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Love the location and value. We stay here often. 24 hour pool!

• Stayed: February 2011
1  Thank andyloo2
Reviewed June 6, 2011

I don't know what's happened to this hotel. It's been a year since I've stayed here but I was always pleased until this last visit. Our box spring was filthy and had blood on it. The mattress was enclosed in plastic as if the room had been treated and of course I examined closely to see if there was any bed bugs. I didn't see any but with the look of the box spring I kept waking up through the night to jump up and turn the light on to see if any bugs were in the bed which meant I didn't get any sleep. If it was not for my elderly mom who has severe asthma feeling very tired I would of went somewhere else. I hate to leave a bad review but I always reserve my rooms from tripadvisor and I appreciate when people let me know that a hotel is getting run down. It's a huge disappointment because this was one of my favorites in Pigeon Forge and there prices are always great.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank lisadental
Reviewed June 4, 2011

I don't see how it can get better than it already is, but every time I stay it really does.My room I stayed in this last trip was by far the best room I have ever stayed in anywhere. The pool and hot tub was great and so was the price but the hotel staff was out of this world!!! Thanks for making this my best vacation ever!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family