“Nice Honeymoon Suites” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Asheville, NC
“Nice Honeymoon Suites”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2007

My husband and I were very impressed by the large suite that included a large hot tub, gas fireplace, king size bed, and large bathroom. Nice size tv too. AC worked great during our entire two day stay. The staff was friendly and approachable. The continental breakfast was excellent too in taste and kept a good quantity stocked. They just need to expand their dining area. Seating was limited for the number of guest, but we were there on a weekend.

• Liked — Room size
  • Disliked — Not enough room in the breakfast area to eat
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2007

We just got back from pigeon forge from aug 1 to aug 4 had a great time the hotel is very clean and in a great location away from all the traffic . The breakfast area is very very small as well as the lobby. The staff was not very friendly or helpful the swimming pool is small and I believe you have to share it with the guest at the super 8 motel. The hotel is within walking distance to several restaturants corkys,arbys,ihop,burger king it was alright but i will proably stay at another hotel next time we are in the area .

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hamilton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2007

Clean bathroom, attractive furnishings, good location. I highly recommend.

• Liked — It was clean! Beds were comfortable, nice furnishing and decor.
  • Disliked — Nothing we didn't like.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
Commerce, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2007

I recently booked a room with this hotel on their websight and got back a printed reservation as well as a credit card receipt and a confirmation number. When my family arrived to check in, they had no record of our reservation whatsoever, no available rooms, and a generally unconcerned attitude, except to say that the computer must have glitched. The attendant did call next door to a Super 8 motel to find us an available room, however. As it turned out, the folks at Super 8 said that the La Quinta was constantly having these "glitches on their sight and loosing reservations! After already having had a bad experience with a different La Quinta, I should have known beter than to book with them again. Anyway, the good news is that we had a wonderful stay at the Super 8 and our room was spectacular!

Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank Edsil
Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2007

This was our first stay at the LaQuinta Inn and will not be our last! We were warmly greeted and given information about the hotel. Our room was extremely clean and inviting. There was a hairdryer, iron/board, nice size refrigerator, and microwave in the room. The bed was comfortable but the pillows were a little firmer than I typically like. The hotel also has washer/dryers on the third floor if needed. It is also off the main strip so it is extremely quite. I highly enjoyed my experience and plan to stay here my next trip to pigeon forge.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Topper03
Poconos
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2007

We spent 2 nights at the Pigeon Forge La Quinta in early September of last year and we enjoyed our stay very much. We arrived in town without reservations and surveyed the multitude of hotels & motels lining the main road through town - all the signs advertising rooms for $29/night terrified us, and this hotel looked new and a bit more upscale. Upon entering, it was exactly as we expected - very clean & decorated beautifully, and we were delighted to find the rate was only $50/night. Our room was pretty, comfortable & spotless, and because the hotel is set back from the road, there was no noise or traffic congestion.

The only complaint I have about our stay is the much reported one, that of the hovering staff. During the afternoon of our second day, my sister drove off to find a particular area of the Nat'l Park a guide had warned me to avoid after I explained my fear of heights. I stayed in the hotel and spent the time catching up on postcards & work (I am a writer and was able to get a lot of work done on our 6-week vacation). I left the room 2x's during the several hours I was alone and each time I did, the same male staff member was lurking in the hallway. The hotel being basically deserted on a beautiful Friday afternoon, this made me nervous - did I walk out as he happened to be passing by TWO TIMES or did he hang out there the entire time? Once, I took the elevator to the ground floor to use the vending machine. As soon as I was off the elevator, the older gentleman who'd been standing behind the front desk left his post to follow me down the hall to where the vending machine was located - he followed at a distance and tried to be discreet, but it was obvious I was being monitored. When I returned down the hall, he was loitering near the elevator, pretending to adjust a picture on the wall. He waited until I'd pressed the elevator call button before turning to me and asking, "Is everything alright, Miss?" I told him, "Yes, why wouldn't it be?" and he smiled and said, "Just making sure." He stood there until I was on the elevator and was still staring at me as the door closed.

I understand the hotel is under new management and I would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Great accomodations and reasonable prices
  • Disliked — Former management
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank pawriter
South
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2006

First of all, contacting them was a problem for us in that they (Tico, Sales Manager) always appeared "too busy" and were to call us back to let us know about availability and price prior to our arriving a week later. We never heard from him again and even tried faxing him...it never went through.

My family (6 of us) finally arrive there the date we were staying. We ask them if we can check out their rooms before we make our choice.

There were 3 people at the front desk. All 3 of them decided it was necessary for them to go with us to each room type they showed us. They even put up a sign at the front desk stating that they were away!

We're still trying to figure out why that happened and what they thought we were going to do if only one of them showed us their different rooms.

They were not cordial or nice people either. Only 1 of the 3 talked or said one word to us. The other 2 always walked right in front of us to enter the room each time we were shown a different room type.

As for the property, everywhere you looked..it was dirty. The lobby/breakfast area is very, very small.

The hallways and entire hotel is like everyone else has reported before..there is a mildewy or "wet" smell throughout the whole place. Some of the rooms even seemed "damp" in their smell as well and "cool" as well inside.(drafty)

Once our tour was over and we were back at the front desk,, the other two non-talkers disappeared. When asked about rates, we were given the line(as over the phone), they vary, not just according to room type but also time of year..not directly answering our question or just politely giving us a quote. We politely left!

• Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
6 Thank musttell
LQ0993GM, Director of Marketing/ Assistant Manager/ Group Sales Manager at La Quinta Inn Pigeon Forge Dollywood, responded to this review, February 11, 2007
First of all, on behalf of ALL of the staff at the LaQuinta Inn of Pigeon Forge I apologize for all of the problems that you encountered with our hotel.
Tico is no longer the owner or on the staff of our hotel. We came under new ownership and management in October of 06. Since then, many changes have occured, and many more changes are slated for the future. We have a completely new staff, and I assure you that each and every one of them are kind as well as hospitable. We treat people with respect, we treat people with dignity. When you walk through our front doors, you are greeted like family. You are our guest, and we treat you the way that we would want to be treated. All of our front desk associates are well trained and are very efficient in their jobs. You will never get the run around when you call or come in for a rate quote. All of your questions will be answered then and there. If for some reason the person you are speaking with does not know the answer to a question, he or she will get you the answer immediately. As for having people escort you to look at the different suites, this should not have happened. We do not treat people like criminals, and we do not treat people like children. What we do do is tell you about the different types of suites and rooms that are available, make you keys for the rooms, and let you take a look at them at your leisure. Then we will answer any questions that you may have and we work with you on the rates in an attempt to try to accomodate you and make your stay with us even more pleasant and enjoyable. I would like to comment on the sign that was placed at the counter. This sign states that the employee is out on the property and will be back in a few minutes. It is placed on the counter to let others know that we will be right back. This is a courtesy to our guests that simply lets them know that yes, we are there, and we will be back to assist them momentarily. It is not meant to belittle anyone.

Again, I apologize for your negative experience with our hotel. I assure you, and I guarantee that if you were to walk in today, you would have a completely different experience. One that would be pleasant and enjoyable. If you are back in the Pigeon Forge area, I invite you to stop by and speak with me. I promise that if you choose to stay with us, you will not regret it. If there is anything that I can do to assist you in any way, please feel free to contact me at our toll free number.

Christy Hickam