“Dirty rooms”

Ranked #16 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Spring, Texas
“Dirty rooms”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in October, 2013. The bathtub in the first room was filthy. I noticed some red stains around the tub mat (that had been left in it). When I pulled the mat back to see what it was I found a gooey mess. The bath hadn't been cleaned in a long time. We checked the bed and it didn't look as if the sheets had been changed. We complained and were given a different room. They did give us a $25 credit for our trouble of having to change rooms but this is not a hotel I will go back to. Even the second room could have benefitted from some maintenance work. The cover on the electrical socket in the bathroom was broken. Repair work that they had done to the shower rail needed a coat of paint - this is all an indication of the lack of attention to detail. There was also a lot of noise from the plumbing - I easily heard when toilets were flushed in nearby rooms.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dave M
billw_52, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Pigeon Forge Dollywood, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
I do thank you so much for sharing with. I am so sorry that you were not able to leave here with a Positive Memory!

Great News! New ownership has arrived and changes are being made now. We just received in all new linen.. to include all new towels..wash clothes...floor mats...hand towels...all new sheets...new pillows and pillowcases.

The LaQuinta is being refaced and being turned into a LaQuinta Inn and Suites. This should be completed this spring. I am in hopes you will come visit us again and give is a chance to better serve your needs. Call us at 877-429-3010 toll-free...and lets us help you with your affordable visit.

Again thank you for you words and for helping us better serve your needs.

God Bless

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have just spoken to the front desk twice (Marsha). She is a nice woman, but offers no explanation or help for my problem...which is no wifi. I checked in at 4 pm to get a couple hours' worth of work done. Wifi is advertised. The hotel doesn't have it. It is unfair. I came over here to tripadvisor and see that others have had the same issue. I feel as if I've been had. I bought a service and it is not available. She offered to move me to a different room, but according to these reviews, I still won't be able to access it and will just have more noise. I'm very frustrated right now. Other than that, we are pleased with the room, the check-in service and the area. I just wish they would not list an amenity they don't have.

• Stayed October 2013
We surely do thank you for your words. It is not our desire that any of our guest would leave without a Positive Memory.

I can share now that we have New Ownership we will be going through a makeover. Also the WiFi is being looked at now.

Again thank you for sharing with us so we can better serve your needs.

Bluegrass
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Back in April, we were on our way home from the beach during a heavy rainstorm. Exhausted and suffering from a bad back, we made a last minute decision to make a short detour and stop in Pigeon Forge rather than continuing for another six hours to reach home. We had our little dog with us, so it was necessary to find a place that would accept dogs. It was a Saturday night and I was afraid we might have a problem finding a place. As always, I turned to Trip Advisor to find a property that would suit our needs. The La Quinta had pretty good reviews, so I decided to ignore the bad ones (it's always obvious when the writer of some bad reviews are just "nit-picking") and made reservations for that evening. We've stayed in La Quintas before with mixed results. A couple were so shabby that I hesitated allowing my dog to walk on their floor. But, we had also stayed at an excellent La Quinta in Lexington, Ky a few months earlier, so I was hoping for a similar experience in Pigeon Forge. We've been to Pigeon Forge numerous times over the last 30 years...at least twice a year...so, we are very familiar with the area. Yet, finding the motel was somewhat of a challenge! You really have to keep your eyes peeled for your turn! The hotel is not directly on the "strip" but is back on one of the side streets and right next to another hotel (forget which one). The clerk at check in was exceptionally nice without gushing. When she asked if a first floor room was okay, I replied that it would be fine if the people above us were not too noisy. Being in a lot of back pain, I was looking forward to a good night's sleep. Her answer was "if you find that it is too noisy, just let me know and I'll move you to another room." Good answer! The room itself was perfect. I checked for cleanliness first thing. It met my approval with flying colors! Compared to the MUCH HIGHER PRICED hotel we stayed at the night before (the pet fee at the Best Western was $25, while La Quinta charged NOTHING), I was thrilled with this room. Everything was sparkling clean, the bed was comfortable, TV worked fine as did the Wifi. Check out the next morning was also a breeze. The gentleman checking me out was just that...a gentleman. He and the female clerk from the night before were the most pleasant people. They didn't go overboard with fake smiles plastered on their faces that you sometimes encounter. They just seemed REAL, and behaved as if they were really interested in making the stay as comfortable as possible. We plan to go back to Pigeon Forge in a few weeks and I will definitely check here first since we plan to have our dog with us again for this trip. As someone who travels with their dog on a regular basis, it is important to me to find hotels that will allow dogs and NOT be a dump in the process. My experience at La Quinta in Pigeon Forge was great, and I am puzzled by the negative reviews. Either things have changed a lot since April, or people are being a little nit-picky.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fontanini
We do thank you for staying with us. It is our desire that all guest would leave with a Positive Memory. Your words are kind and we are Blessed to have had you visit us. We are looking forward to your next viait!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Checked out from this hotel this morning. We are happy that we chose this hotel versus others. Great location just off the parkway- the price was higher than I wanted but I know 1)I made last minute reservations and 2) location- since it is in such a good location, you pay a bit more. Many comments about pets, and yes I saw some but I was happily surprised that no pet smells were in the lobby, in the elevator and importantly, no smells in the room. We checked in at 10:15pm Friday night, were checked in timely and greeted warmly. I am happy to hear that new owners are renovating as upgrades are always good. Only item I would request is to add more lighting in the parking areas. Thanks La Quinta PF!

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor and had very little hallway noise. The elevator served all 4 floors, so we...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
We do thank you for staying with us. It is our desire that all guest would leave with a Positive Memory. Your words are kind and we are Blessed to have had you visit us. We are looking for to your next visit.

Your advice on needed items has been herd and shall be taken care through our re-model.

Coronado, California
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We have been to a number of hotels in the La Quinta chain -- some excellent, and some just under that rating. THIS hotel was, bar none, not worthy of the brand name! We were assigned to a room where the ceiling was literally falling down into the room--but, WAIT! There were 3pieces of broken glass on the carpet, the laundry room would have better named the dumpster (really!). The floor in front of the ice machine and soda vending machine was COATED with a slimy brown smear. We asked to be moved to a clean room in better shape and the next room had a literally filthy bathtub. -- so bad. That the desk clerk came to the room with supplies and tried her best to clean it. Well, at least it was Better. Oh, did I mention that the WIFI stopped working that day because of rain (we didn't experience even clouds when driving there).

Room Tip: Insist on seeing several rooms before selecting one -- or go somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank prevere
billw_52, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Pigeon Forge Dollywood, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
We do thank you for sharing with us. We do humbly apologize for the issues you had with us. It is our goal to eave our Guest with a Positive Memory!
Great news is on the horizon for us. Your wonders are powerful and many things are fixing to happen. We are preparing to upgrade and go through a re-model. Under new ownership, we are moving on up and going to became a LaQuinta Inn and Suites. We can only hope that you will continue to use LaQuinta in your travels and maybe come back and see the changes here.

Bill
Elkton, Maryland
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Rooms are clean, but shabby. Why do you have to ask for more than one hand towel and two bath towels when two people are staying in the room? Breakfast buffet is minimal. Had breakfast at IHOP instead. Many nice restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed August 2013
WOW! You read our minds! It is nice to here from you and I appreciate your words....They ave power in them.

EXCITING NEWS! We have been purchased by another owner and a Re-Model is COMING! You will definitely want to come back and visit the New Improved, when done, LaQuinta Inn and Suite!

Bill