“You get what you pay for ...”

La Quinta Inn Pigeon Forge Dollywood
Ranked #16 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed June 25, 2013

strong musty smell upon entering room, pillows small old and in dingy cases, but bed slept very comfortably; "free" breakfast was cereal, toasted items and bad waffle mix; recently remodeled, but the rooms looked like work had been done by someone's uncle to save money -- sorry, my husband is in construction industry and it galls him for what passes as acceptable work ... it was two nights we were stuck in a place that was really for people with kids/pets, of which we brought along neither ... if you just needed a bed to lay your head on, it would be tolerable for the price; also, location is a bit hard to find/get to ...

There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Pigeon Forge Dollywood

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Extremely understaffed and the elevator broke shortly after we unloaded our luggage on the 3rd floor and was still out when we checked out the following day. Apparently it happens regularly. Pet policies are great but not if you have to climb up and down 3 flights of stairs with luggage and 2 Great Danes.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
billw_52, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Pigeon Forge Dollywood, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

We do thank you for your words and I also do understand how you felt. Of course I am sure you can understand that it was not our fault that we had elevators issues. I do understand very much how it affected you and all others in the house. Then gather the fact that it took the repairman 5 trip before it went right.

Again I do apologize for you troubles. Please call and let us show you how affordable it can be to consider coming back and give us another chance to WOW you!

God Bless

Bill

Reviewed June 11, 2013

This was our third La Quinta accommodations on our road trip across Virginia and Tennessee. This was really a swell place to stay. Although Dollywood and the other attractions close by were not for us (being older generation) we were pleased with the access to the Smoky Mountains and the wonderful landscapes afforded by the Blue Ridge Parkway at its southermost end at Cherokee NC. From our check in everybody was friendly and helpful. There are a lot eateries close by and a Food City supermarket across the street. They provided a nice breakfast which included waffles, biscuits and gravy as well as cereal, jelly, cream cheese, bread and bagels. You will not go hungry at breakfast.

This is a highly recommended place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stanmarut
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a week. The hotel was very clean and the management was so friendly. The hotel is located in the center of everything you want or need. The cleaning people were very friendly also.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Frank D
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We had such a great stay at La Quinta in Pigeon Forge! All the staff were so kind & helpful. Our room was wonderful & one of the few hotels left in the area that are pet friendly! If you have ever walked into a room expecting it to be something it definitely isn't, you understand my being so thrilled over this room. It was a king suite, king bed with sitting area. So clean and spacious, just wonderful! We got to know the evening desk clerk and manager by their first name. It was all around a perfect vacation for us. Thanks La Quinta (Sharon, Bill, Alexis) for everything!

Room Tip: If u want more space in your room, ask for a room with a sitting area. The little extra in cost is w...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sonja N
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

It was a clean hotel and nothing I haven't seen before. Just a regular hotel. The free breakfast was ok, just waffles, biscuits, cereal, etc. I saw other hotels in pigeon forge that looked better. But this one was alright. I think you can find a better value though. Def not worth the price they charge. Only great thing about this hotel was that it is close to everything, but so are a lot of other hotels.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank LeighAnne J
Reviewed June 8, 2013

After staying in another chain hotel for several years we decided to try La Quinta Inn Pigeon Forge because of the no pet fee policy, we had been paying $20 a night for a bird. Upon check in we found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The first room we stayed in (more on that latter) was typical of a room in that price range, with a slight moldy smell from the A/C unit, although unpleasant, tolerable. After a good night’s sleep on one of the most comfortable beds I’ve slept in, in a hotel, we woke up to what could only be a pack of unsupervised wild children in the room above us. I went to the front desk where I met Bill Willbanks, to find out if the pack of wild children would be spending another night dismantling the room above us. Mr. Willbanks informed me that they would be staying longer than my wife and I and offered to move us to another room on the top floor which we graciously accepted. Ahhhh, piece and quite. This room was bigger than the previous room but Mr. Willbanks gave us the same rate. It had the same moldy but tolerable smell from the A/C unit, but we didn’t intend to spend a lot of time in the room so we could live with it.
The free Breakfast wasn’t nothing to rave about, typical free hotel Breakfast.
Check out was a chore, not because of the staff, because the hotel has only two luggage carts and after waiting on one for over 15 minutes I decided to start lugging my belongings to my vehicle in hopes of a luggage cart making an appearance, no luck. But I did have a nice chat with the lady tending the front desk while waiting.
To sum it up, the stay was a pleasant experience in spite of the wild children and the smelly A/C units, the staff was more than accommodating and made the stay enjoyable. We will stay in this hotel again, we’ll just request the top floor in advance.
I would like to add that I towed a trailer to the hotel with my Can Am Spyder on it and the hotel staff had no problem allowing me to park the trailer in the lot.