“Good place for a family”

La Quinta Inn Pigeon Forge Dollywood
Ranked #15 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Winston Salem
“Good place for a family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2008

The only trouble we had with this hotel was finding it. Because it sits back off the road it's a little more quiet but it's hard to find. Look for the Emert st sign. However that was our only problem. We recieved prompt service at the desk for check in. When we went to our room the tv was not working properly and we called. They had someone there in less than 10 minutes to help us figure out how to use it. The bathroom was clean with plenty of towels and soap. We felt the beds were comfortable but if you like a softer mattress this might not be the place for you. They have firmer matresses. We had booked the family suite which comes like a two bedroom apartment. IT had one bath, two queens in one room and a king in the other room. The rooms had doors that closed for privacy. If you like a balcony this wouldn't be the place either because they do not have balconies at this particular location. (FYI) Their breakfast consisted of waffles, gravy and biscuits (which was excellent btw), cereal, bagels, toast, eggs (boiled), yogurt, juice, coffee...etc It was one of the nicer breakfasts that I have had at a hotel. I would definatly recommend this hotel for anyone but also for thefamily suite. VERY resonably priced as many other hotels would've charged twice as much.

• Liked — The quality of the rooms, prompt service, breakfast, close to Dollywood Ln
  • Disliked — the location was hard to find....remember EMERT ST LOL
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Jenn578

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2008

Nice & easy to find. Convinent to parkway. We were there 3 nights and had no problems at all. Will be back again.

• Liked — Easy to find on parkway
  • Disliked — pool....it was hidden in the back between many trees....
  • Stayed January 2006, traveled with friends
MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2008

the LaQuinta hotel was nice. The continental breakfast was really good - although crowded towards the end. the beds are not the most comfortable, but not the worse that I have stayed in - everyone is friendly. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

Stayed March 2008
Poconos, PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2008

I am still waiting for a refund. I spoke with someone on 1/22/2008 and I was suppose
to receive a check in about 4 weeks but still haven't received anything (as of
March 10). I received a case number on 1/22 and I have since tried to call the 800 number a few times and each time I am put on hold for about 20 mins then the line disconnects. The refund stems from a stay scheduled for Dec 23-28. I cancelled the reservation 11 days in advance and my credit card was still charged (approximately $90). I have cancellation numbers for the reservation and I have an email confirmation for the cancellation. When I called the regular LaQuinta number I was told to contact their internet department since the reservation had been made via the internet. The internet dept told me they can't credit my charge card and would need to send me a check for the refund. The check was suppose to arrive in 4 weeks. This is the first time I have ever had this type of experience with a hotel and wanted to let others know. Obviously, their internet reservation system doesn't always pass cancellations on to the respective hotels.

Stayed December 2007
3 Thank DearJenn
Kingsport, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2008

We have stayed there at least 4 times, and 2 of those visits were with my inlaws from Michigan. They were very impressed and thorougly enjoyed their stay too! Rooms were really nice, and I have nothing bad to say about them. The breakfast was very good--better than some other motels have to offer like doughnuts and coffee and juice. Tico, the owner was very nice and he took great pride in his continental breakfast bar! I'd highly reccomend it to others. All in all, it was a very pleasant experience and stay each time we went down there to the Smokies!

Stayed March 2005
2 Thank kp51
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2008

After looking at several reviews I was slightly hesitant to book, but I dont understand the bad reviews, from the minute we walked in we were treated like gold. The assistant manager Keith was very efficient and took wonderful care of us, even came and lit the fireplace for us. Room was super clean, nice bed and LOTS of pillows. NO noise, NO traffic sounds. When I asked for extra towels they were delivered to our door in no time. I am very impressed with LaQuinta and will go there again.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2007

This was one of the worst hotel experiences I have ever had!! We will never stay at another LaQuinta Inn due to the disrespect of the owner/manager.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Disrespect of manager/ cursing in front of my 2 year old daughter who was sick
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)