“recent stay”

La Quinta Inn Pigeon Forge Dollywood
Ranked #19 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed July 23, 2012

If you want good service, friendly staff and a clean room, nice bed, and reasonably priced we recommend La Quinta.
Overall the hotel was clean, although the hallway on the floor that we were on, needed some attention. Carpet next to elevator was very soiled and stained. It looked like a dog had went potty there. However our room was very clean.
Also the air freshner that was used in our room was strong, could effect those that have asthma. WIll stay again there.
We have other stays booked in other states with LQ being we are getting ready to travel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

I was skeptical that this would be a good hotel, having not stayed here and they allow pets. BUT I was very pleased with the stay. Pets are allowed, so I could be my dog. The rooms were very clean. The beds were extra comfy. Although there were complaints from some yippy dogs, we couldn't hear anything.

Overall, I would definitely recommend staying here, especially if you have a pet.

Stayed: July 2012
A TripAdvisor Member
Jacksonville, North Carolina, USA
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Traveled with two young kids and stopped at midnight. Was not told the room only had a stand up shower, the breakfast bar closed at 9:00, or that non smoking rooms were in between smoking rooms. Complained to the 800# and informed that a franchise manager would call me back. He did telling me that he called because he was told I wanted to talk to him but unsure why. When I explained my complaints he then argued with me. He gave me a minor discount but I'm still upset about the fact that management argued with me about MY stay

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 7, 2012

This place may be great if you are traveling with pets, otherwise, nothing special. The air is still not fixed in the lobby or the hallways (hot!). The breakfast is a waffle, toast, donuts, yogurt, and cold cereal. The lighting in the elevator was out due to a storm and never came back on that night or the next morning - they did lay a "tap-light" on the floor of the elevator. When I got ready to check out at 5:45am, I was told the computer system was down and I could not get a receipt. When I asked for a copy of the paperwork showing the rate I was told no. When I asked for a hand written receipt I was told no. They did tell me I could wait around for an hour and the computers would be back up...no thanks! We were ready to leave for home. Take your own pillow - the mattress was nice, but the pillows not so nice.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Reviewed July 4, 2012

A TripAdvisor Member
Gallatin, Tennessee, USA
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Wonderful place for people & dogs. Air in lobby was out, but was getting it repaired. The staff was wonderful.