“WORSE HOTEL IN PIGEON FORGE”
Review of Smoky Shadows

Smoky Shadows
Ranked #69 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times in the past with no problem. I have not stayed in 3 years. Wow what a change. I complained to the front desk that there is no blanket in room. All you have is a sheet and comforter. Comforter smelt like Urine. whether id be dog or human. She was smar to me and said( what do you want me to do about it. She said new ownership had just taken over that week and they would be cleaning it up and make changes. I looked at other reviews when I got home and see where they told a customer the same thing about new owners in July 2013. Will never stay here again. This was in the Towers which is supposed to be their nicest rooms. Swimming pool had mole all over the walls and just one light bulb working out of 20. Charged $100.00 per night. Not worth anything. Next time if I can't find a room I will sleep in my car instead of staying here.

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you just like filthy,
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Rexandgeraldine L

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Since this Motel has came under new management our stay there was so much better than the last time. They are in the middle of making improvements in area's than are needed and the staff was extremely nice and willing to make sure we where satisfied. We plan on returning to Pigeon Forge several time this summer and will stay here again.

Thank You.
Scott and Lisa Snow

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

The staff was wonderful. Work so well with me and when a problem had arised from the company Expedia that I booked though the staff fixed it for me . I didn't have to do a thing. But some off your lights in our room where blown and the blind's need to be replace.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We came in late on a Friday night and had stayed here previously. A double king room with a jacuzzi was $69+tax. The first night's room was great everything was intact, the second night really the only thing I could complain about was the jacuzzi controls were off. We had a balcony and view of the river behind the hotel. It's very reasonable priced. The hotel staff are very down to Earth. The only thing that wasn't to great was the Continental Breakfast. It was lousy, you got the choice of Raisin Bran, Cheerios, oatmeal cakes, swiss rolls, or make your own oatmeal or grits. The drink choices were Orange Juice and coffee. The kitchen was a little messy and the food had been picked through and they didn't restock. I would stay here again. We didn't go to the indoor pool as it looks a little dingy, but there were a lot of people in there.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 21, 2014

First the rooms are really old needs renovated bad. There was burn holes in pillow case, small tv's(which would be ok but they do not come in well and have very few channels, the Wi Fi wasn't available for the first 2 or 3 hours we were here, then they reset; but too slow to watch movie on my kindle. Also, the lights in the indoor pool were almost all out, and a couple bulbs went out why we were in there making it very hard to see. And this was all before going to bed on the first night.

Room Tip: Only stay in the rooms in the middle tower
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank sleepyhead533
Reviewed January 2, 2014

This was the most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed at in my life. Online it looked like a good option but once we got there we realized it was not but every other hotel in the area was booked. It took us 2.5 hours to check in because they overbooked the rooms but blamed everyone else for it. Once we finally got a room it did not have the beds I requested. Room was dirty, heater blew not cold air but room never heated up, towel had mildew stains, beds had no blankets or fitted sheets, had what appeared to be poop smeared on the bathroom wall, and the next morning I saw a bug on the bed. I squished it and blood was smeared on the mattress, so they also had bed bugs. The customer service was horrible with no one accepting any responsibility or offering any possible solutions.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Tabitha K
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We were assigned a room that did not exist. After the manager went with us to find the room he could not find it either. We were then "upgraded". The upgrade gave us a roomm with spider web coccons on the exterior curtains and broken slats on the exterior door's panels. We had to flush the toilet by putting our hand in the tank. Not all the lights worked. The pool was very dark but the water was warm and desirable. Only stay here if every other room in the state are closed and you cannot camp. All night the heat was turned up full and we were still cold. I even took the bedspread off the second bed but still was cold.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple