“Bad experience for Columbus Day weekend!”
Review of Smoky Shadows

Smoky Shadows
Ranked #69 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Chatsworth, Georgia
“Bad experience for Columbus Day weekend!”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Well, I wished I had read more reviews, or listened them. This was the worst place we have ever stayed in Pigeon Forge. The place was run down, blanket had a "big hole" in it!! We should have paid a little more and stayed somewhere nice. This room was supposed to be "non-Smoking", but smelled liike smoke!! We do not smoke, and did not like the idea we were lied to about the room. It is so outdated,carpet was stained and old, so was all the furniture! I will never, never,stay here again, and would never recommend it to anyone. I guess the old saying you get what you pay for? only we didn't even get what we paid for. Nasty,awful,and should be closed!!!
Susan Coker

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Let me just tell you the highlights of this fine establishment.

Despite the "This is where people go to get murdered" appearance, be fully confident that you will be serviced with two king-sized beds, as promised.
However, please be aware that that will be the only perk you are paying $142 a night for.
The other promises the advertisements deliver are somewhat compromised after entering the room.

If you are looking forward to soaking in the fully equipped jacuzzi after a long, hard day of shopping and fighting bumber-to-bumber traffic, I hope you are comfortable displaying your relaxation infront of your roommates, since the bathtub is somewhat of a stage found in front of the tv, and not the in the bathroom. Though, this isn't too much of an inconvenience if you enjoy a snack while bathing, since the fridge and microwave are directly adjacent to the tub. Personally, the thrill of looming electrocution takes a bathing experience to another level.

The people of smokey shadows have thought of /everything/ to accommodate your relaxing stay here, even your time on the John. Never will you have to "lift a finger" to flush the commode, the smokey shadowians have designed their toilet to constantly run after the first starting flush. That way, guests can come in, do their business and leave without worrying about the annoying procedure. If you don't enjoy this commodity, the hospitables at the front desk will kindly direct you to reach into the water and pull the corroded flush mechanism yourself.
If your vouyeristic bath didn't make you feel clean enough, time in the shower most definately will. Curators at the motel have designed the water temperature to differentiate as time goes on. This, of course, is to bring your experiance to another level. The fluctuating temperature varies from ice-cold to scalding-hot, and they have programmed the temperature to differ at random, to keep one on their toes.
If you're not appreciative of the these commodities, you could /try/ to call the front desk, this of course, if you can get the phones to work.

Other than the rooms themselves, one staying at the shadows will find that the hospitality is great. They will tell you once you get settled in that the high speed wifi here may not be so high speed (or functioning), but they will happily point you to 'borrow' wifi from the motel across the street.

No matter how you say your stay is like, the smokey shadows will always offer you the finest complimentary breakfast of warm milk and oatmeal pies, take your money, and send you home.
"Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

• Stayed October 2012
5 Thank Wgadd

Travelers are raving about these Pigeon Forge hotels

Rome, Georgia
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This hotel was atrocious. We are not overly picky about hotels. Since we were only staying 2 nights this time, so we knew we would be in the room mainly to sleep, so we didn't require a lot. We apparently required more than this hotel offered :) The room was dirty and we were afraid to take off our shoes. The room smelled old and closed up and the bathroom had hair everywhere. The continental breakfast consisted of 2 types of cereal, orange juice, coffe, and Little Debbie cakes only. The kicker, though, was the indoor pool. It was nasty! After my daughter jumped in and the water moved, we realized there was a green film line around the pool! She ended up sick a day or two after we got home, and I think it was from the bacteria in that nasty pool. Do not stay here if you have any choice!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Bethpeper
Abingdon, Virginia
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I wish I would have payed a little more and stayed somewhere else. The room smelled musty. At 4 in the morning a roach went across the table between the beds. There was no hairdryer in the room. I was told that they did not provide hair dryers. I pulled up there website and told them that there website says that they do. I finally got one about an hour later but it did not work. The mattress was very hard. The sheet came off of the corner of the mattress and the mattress had the name of another cheap motel chain. Half of the lights did not work in the room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank AngelaP346
Bridgeport, Alabama, United States
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This place is rundown and nasty. We stayed 2 nights over Labor Day weekend. I travel alot and do not have high standards. However, I do like for my room to be clean. The first room we were given had cob-webs so that tells me it had not been cleaned or stayed in recently. So I was given another room, which was some better but still could have stood a really good cleaning. I had to go report that the light over the vanity did not work and requested a hair dryer which I was told a work order was placed and they would be up shortly. Which never happend the 2 days we were there. They never showed up.Just as the previous review states the air vents were covered in dust. This motel could be a really decent place to stay if management cared and it was cleaned up and run properly. Just pay a little extra and get a better place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tmr0gers
Ohio City, Ohio
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My only advice is to keep driving!!! We stayed one night over labor day weekend and it was awful! Beware of the pictures you see on the Internet......most do not show the motel that cost just as much as the nicer towers. The sheets and mattresses were stained and plain dirty. Not to mention the smell of mildew and thick dust in the vents. I will NEVER stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Tennessee
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I would like to start with a HUGE KUDDOS to the STAFF !!! We both have disabilities and the staff always went out of their way to help us any way they could. This is not the TRUMP TOWERS and I don't know what alot of travelers expect for the price!!! We do travel with pets and I must say I find it easier to tolerate pets than alot of annoying, rude, out of control children. The room was clean, we enjoyed the balcony with the river view and found this hotel to be quieter than the one we originally booked and left after 2 nights and will stay again!!! Highly recommend this Motel, especially for travellers with pets. We also especially enjoyed the JACUZZI tub which was a surprise when we entered the room. Again after many hotel stays from 5 star resorts to rooms just to get to final destination, this was one of the more enjoyable experiences
If you have $300 or more to spend for a night in a hotel, I'm sure you can find that in the area, and we have spent that much for hotels in Orlando Resorts, but we found this motel by far the most enjoyable overall experience for both us and our pets. While this wasn't the fanciest place we have stayed we found it to be very adequate and with the in-room fridge, microwave, toaster and even an electric can opener we were more than pleased with the accommodations. I can't begin to THANK the staff for everything they did during our stay to help us and no REQUEST was too much for the STAFF - from HOUSEKEEPING all the way up to MANAGERS to handle !!!
We aren't demanding, nit-picking travelers, but as mentioned earlier we are both disabled myself by end stage heart disease and my wife with Lupus, arthritis and limited mobility the STAFF went above and beyond to help us in any way possible and we let them know how GREATLY we appreciated all their help and HOSPITALITY that was shown to us !!!!
We are Dollywood annual passholders and make several trips to Pigeon Forge every year with visits at least every other month and have stayed at numerous places in the area and in the future will only stay at this property !!!! After reading some reviews of this property and other properties in the area, I personally find it amusing that someone would complain that the toilet paper was inconvenient to access in the bathroom to reading that the sheets on the bed were not fitted I have to wonder what these people expect when they are travelling !!! It's quite amusing to read some of these ridiculous reviews and my suggestion for those unhappy folks is to buy you a $500,000 home on wheels and have it customized with easily accessible toilet paper and custom fitted sheets for your bed....

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony overlooking the RIVER - Tower room !!!