“Amazing value!”
Review of Smoky Shadows

Smoky Shadows
Ranked #66 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed November 5, 2011

The overall value of my stay at this hotel beats probably any other hotel I've ever stayed at. Our room was perfect, we were upgraded (for FREE!) to a jacuzzi suite! The room was big and spacious and had a balcony.
After booking with a promo code through hotels.com and then getting a rebate because I had an Entertainment book, our cost came to $29 a night. I've never stayed at any hotel for that low of a cost, let alone gotten a room with a jacuzzi.
Breakfast was okay, you had to get down there super early to get anything. It included Little Debbie snacks and cereal. Juice and coffee.
The location of this hotel was PERFECT! It was right at the beginning of where you would leave Pigeon Forge and drive down the road to Gatlinburg. It was easy to get in and out, take a left to get to the Smoky Mountains and Gatlinburg, take a right to explore Pigeon Forge and Seiverville. Super close to Dixie Stampede.
The front desk staff was more than friendly and helpful. This hotel allows pets, which is just what we needed. It's normally a $10 pet fee per night, but the front desk guy waived the charge for us! I was so excited, because on one of the days I was there, I went down to the front desk and there was a stack of P & G coupon inserts for hotel guests. (I kind of do the whole extreme couponing thing so this was huge for me LOL).
Overall, the whole trip was amazing, the Smokies were even better than I imagined, and the great experience we had at this motel has made me want to already start planning a trip back. We would absolutely stay with Smoky Shadows again.

Room Tip: Try for either the first or second floor. The elevators are kind of slow. First would be best, you...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ThePlacesWeWillGo

Reviewed October 8, 2011

we got a fantastic deal to stay here so thought why not, was not expecting much due to price paid, Very close to dollywood & gatlingburg. Inddor pool clean tidy and sun porch outback of pool overlooking river. outdoor pool very clean aswell, easy to get to, room was clean and tidy could use a lick of paint and deep clean on carpet but with that was only complaint with room. breakfast had wide variety of 4 hot cereals and 2 cold, lots of different cereal bars & cinnamon whirl things plus other stuff, coffee was very good, only let down was no toast but i suspect thats a british thing wanting toast. staff were friendly and helpful also outside vending for if peckish. definately value for money and so close to everything plus they have loads of coupon books for all the different attractions. Loved every minute of our stay here would definately recommend to anyone. loved dixie stampede which was only a 10 min walk on same side of road definately worth going to so not to be missed. my 3 and 1 year olds loved it. would definately visit and stay here again

Room Tip: if no kids spend extra for jacuzzi room if not all rooms good
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Dee G
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Please DISREGARD the OUTDATED REVIEWS!!! We almost made the mistake of not staying here bases on outdated reviews. However, when we called, Aaron was very welcoming & invited us to check out the place. We were there in 15 minutes, traveling on 2 Harleys with our little dog. He & ? Ms. Dottie were very helpful in getting us a room, the place was clean, well-lighted, & excellent price! We will DEFINITELY STAY HERE AGAIN!!! THANK YOU STAFF FOR EVERYTHING!!!

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank SiSiBugg
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I have stayed at the smokey shadows 4 years in a row for a convention. It is always dirty, dangerous, and unpleasant. I will NOT attend next year if they decide to stay at here. I left some personal items in the room when I checked out (I know this for a fact), but when I called back to ask them to hold it for me- I was informed that nothing was left in the room. That is a down right lie- either by the housekeepers or the management. I am so upset. I will never stay at this unclean, unfriendly, dishonest place again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front tower first floor are for SPECIAL people only.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank uscrhonda
Reviewed September 25, 2011

We stayed at the Smokey Shadows the weekend of 9-23-11. This place is NOT clean. The carpet is very dirty. Our room smelled like dogs. It was not a good experience. I would not recommend anyone staying here. I wll never stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Patti H
Reviewed September 20, 2011

This motel has got to be the best stay I have had in a motel in my 29 years. You can get a beautiful room with a gorgeous view, jacuzzi, indoor pool, and of course great attractions, at a very reasonable price. From the looks of it, the bang for my buck, is the best in this area. Newly renovated rooms offer a luxury stay. The thing that will bring me back here next year is most important to me, awesome customer service. They treated my wife and I like we were most appreciated and wanted our stay to be great. I have never felt that my business was so desired at a motel. No we can do without you here. Oh, and we could bring our dog too. This was very convenient. Thank you smoky shadows motel. It was great. See you soon.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank alworley
Reviewed September 20, 2011

We read the reviews but since we often camp, we thought we could manage this. When we arrived for Grand Run 2011, which means Pigeon Forge was packed both with cars and people. We were greeted and received our key to the non smoking room. We took a deep breathe and headed for our room. The reviews we read weren't very optimistic so we really didn't know what we were in for. HOORAY, We were very pleased with the room and the amminities. We stayed in room 115 and it was clean (except the carpet was somewhat stained) and it was well stocked with necessaties minus the hair dryer, probably could have got one if I had asked for one though. Everyday we came in for the night, the room was cleaned and restocked with fresh towels and necessaties. Fresh smell as if it was just sprayed with air freshener the entire time we were there. (3 days). I'ld have to say, I would give this at least a four star rating.... I expected to have loud noises almost unbearable due to the street rods etc for the weekend but nope, slept like a baby on a very comfortable bed. Now I realize it was just 1 Room at Smoky Shadows but that was all I needed to say Thanks for a memorable Time for the Grand Run 2011. I will say, it is an older motel but thats alright by me if it's clean.... My room was facing the side street, not to bad to access in or out, other than our street fest. bar-B-Que grills on patio should you enjoy grilling by the creek. Beautiful view... I will have to add that we booked this online earlier and received an extremely great deal for the 3 days, some would say we booked 3 days for the price of 1 day. Considering we heard others say what they paid for 1 night and had to shuttle back in forth to their cars was more than we paid for 3 nights at Smoky Shadows. So Thanks again...

Room Tip: My room had front and side road access. Off the main drag. Offered patio and Bar-B-Que by the creek...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple