Smoky Shadows
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hampton Inn Pigeon Forge(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$109
Creekstone Inn(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$59
  • Breakfast included
Ramada Pigeon Forge North(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$67
La Quinta Inn & Suites Pigeon Forge(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$109
Best Western Plaza Inn(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$87
$80
BestWestern.com
Country Cascades Waterpark Resort(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$99
$96
Clarion Inn Dollywood Area(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$90
$72
ClarionHotels
The Inn On The River(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$85
$71
Econo Lodge Riverside(Pigeon Forge)(Great Value!)
$79
EconoLodge
$199
$164
Hotwire.com
All reviewsthe riverjetted tubking size bedprivate balconywould stay againgreat roomfireplacechlorine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 14, 2011

I am 70 yrs. old, and a fall at my age could be disastrous, I could have broken my hip. My friend went to the office to report the incident, and was given an upgraded room. The surface of the concrete undeneath the water on the concrete, was "black dirt, slick & slimy" indicating to me that it had been there since the last rainfall, at least several days. The maintenance man said, " I just didn't think there would be any water THERE." But he made an effort to squegee it away, but not very well. I could not walk without pain, so we left, early the next morning, cutting our vacation short. No one called me, came to see me, or in any way offered ME, personally, an apology. They told my friend they were sorry. I had told the housekeeper to tell the desk that I wanted an incident report to fill out, but no one EVER brought me one. This happened yesterday. And I was HAPPY to hobble away from there and come home to recuperate this morning. I'm pretty sure my toe is broken, and I just took pictures of my foot, huge bruise, and slight ankle sprain. I hit the water with my left foot, and it went flying forward, as my right foot folded underneath my rear end which went down hard, hurting right knee, both elbows, and foot, not to mention my clothing ruined with th black dirt under the water, and my grocery bag flying and purse ending up in the dirty water. If you have any advice for me write --

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 8, 2011

We originally booked a 3 night hotel stay at Grand Resort Hotel and had an awful experience with cockroaches and they sent us here. Hesitant at first, we were afraid of the same thing happening again and it was 11pm and we were very tired, so we tried it. And I am glad we did!!! The front desk staff was very professional and understanding of our situation, let us look at the room before we decided to stay there. The room was very clean and "bug-free". We stayed 2 nights and check-out was just as pleasant!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank honeybee546
Reviewed June 23, 2011

my husband and i were in Tenn June for our secord ann , we had planes to stay in Gatlinburg , got to our hotal ,and was really upset it was a mess , so we left there and went to Smokey ,we were so pleased we will be staying there from now on , THANK YOU SMOKEY FOR MAKING OUR TRIP SO GOOD

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2011

It was very clean and everything was available that was needed for anyone of us. The staff was very courteous. We all slept well and had a great time. We had 2 rooms and both were great.

Room Tip: we were close to the office but all was quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 2, 2011

When we arrived, we were allowed to look in a room to see if we liked what we saw. It looked great on the surface. We looked at a room overlooking the river but when we asked about internet, we were advised that the reception was better on the parking lot side. So that is where we ended up. The internet was nowhere near hi-speed. Dial up is faster. The matress box springs was filthy and stained. I didn't have the stomach to see what the matress looked like under the sheet. The matress was lumpy and hard as a brick. There was no curtain over the balcony doors, just blinds. There was no way to turn off the porch light so the room was well lit all night long. All in all the stay was miserable. We won't be back under any circumstances!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple