“Microtel Music Road Best Hotel Layout in Pigeon Forge”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Pigeon Forge
Ranked #27 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My dad, aunt & I recently stayed at the Microtel Music Road in Pigeon Forge. We have stayed there before but it's been a while. We like the room layout - the rooms are actually like a mini apartment with every thing you need....& this hotel has the BEST lighting of any hotel I have every stayed in. Also, my bed was actually comfortable. Anyways on our last trip my dad was worn out by 1 & all he wanted to do was lay down. I knew check-in was not until 3 but the girl at the front desk along with, I think, the manager went out of their way to get a room ready for my dad...VERY, VERY friendly & helpful! Oh and the breakfast bar they had was very nice as well. You can make yourself a waffle (they have 2 waffle makers so you don't have to wait either), bagels, toast, muffins, cereals, grits, oatmeal, apples, orange & apple juice & coffee. If you stay here once, you will come back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,509)

Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Upon checking in we found stink bugs in the room. Room was immediately changed. The next room I had to kill a spider. Rooms could use a little updating. An outlet without a cover which does not set good with me being a retired firefighter.Each evening when we returned to our room I had to get the key card reprogrammed. Tonight the desk clerk was rude when I asked to have the keys programmed. Breakfast is the usual waffle store bought muffins and such. Will probably stay here again.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This hotel was the best hotel that I have stayed at in a long time. The staff was friendly to both me and my dog who also stay. We also had a 90 year old lady with us my grandma and they where excellent about making sure she was taking care of in getting in and out the door. It was almost like staying with family. I will most definitely stay there again. The breakfast was always warm and great, just like eating at restaurant. The room was clean most days by the time we got back in from shopping which was early because of my grandma. I also posted this great hotel on my Facebook. It was wonderful. Thank you so much to the wonderful staff that made my vacation great.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

the staff was friendly and helpful, our room air did not work and first night was hot and sweaty, we told them the next morning and around noon someone showed up to fix it - was close to many activities - breakfast left a lot to be desired (biscuits were frozen and crumbly when thawed, gravey was cold, juice was watered down)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband & I stayed here and were not happy with this place at all. First of all the entrance to the hotel is confusing. The hotel sits up on a hill and the entrance is obscure and hard to find, especially at night. The whole hotel has a strange odor, the hallways & elevator also have this odor. It permeates the whole hotel and is sharp & unpleasant.

Our room was very shabby, the couch had rips in the upholstery. The alarm clock didn't work, it stayed on 9: 35 and couldn't be changed, so you never knew what time it actually was. There were no lamps on each side of the bed or any other form of lighting to see by. The comforter was very thin and felt like you had no cover on you whatsoever. The bed itself was comfortable, but the linens & covers were terrible. Room also has the same odor.

The bathroom shower faucet was wrong, with the hot & cold reversed, which was very confusing at first, I actually thought that we had no hot water, but my husband figured it out. The bathroom amenities were sparse, a 2 in 1 shampoo bottle, a small bar of soap, no lotions or any other type of amenities at all. It was a very disappointing stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple