“Our stay in March 2013”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Pigeon Forge
Ranked #26 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Room was clean, staff was friendly and helpful. We spent three days while at a quilt show. Carlyon at the front desk helped us with directions.
Breakfast was very good and wholesome. Staff brought clean towels in one day.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
MicrotelManager28915, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Pigeon Forge, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel. We really do appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Renovation as of March 31st 2013 is completed.

Dan Karnes

Write a ReviewReviews (1,532)

Reviewed March 26, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I booked this room based on the good reviews and the nice clean pictures on the website. Wow was I shocked when we checked in!! First off....the smell of cigarette smoke from the next door (nonsmoking) room was overwhelming. Secondly the couple in that same room had a barking dog staying with them. We checked on moving to another room because our daughter is highly allergic to dogs but we were told there were no other rooms available. Also, half the channels of the TV didn't work, the "hot" breakfast was cold, and the room just smelled musty!! Needless to say it will def be our one and only time to stay here!!!

• Stayed: March 2013
MicrotelManager28915, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Pigeon Forge, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. I am very sorry your stay was less than perfect, We do have pet rooms and rooms that are non pet rooms in our hotel. I apologize we were unable to get you to a non pet area, We are also 100% non smoking and we did charge the guest a $250.00 fine for smoking in our hotel. We have almost completed updating our hotel, and with new management in place we look forward to a brighter future. Again Thank you for letting me know about these issues, I am looking into these today.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I'm floored by the positive reviews posted. Sadly I paid for this room through Priceline and wasn't able to get a refund. It was so bad we left-without refund and didn't spend the night. In our first room, it was terribly hot and we couldn't get the A/C to work. They moved us to another room which like the first had a moldy bathroom and reeked of some type of perfume type of air freshener. The bed was awful. The lady at the front desk was very nice (Marilyn) and apologized that there wasn't anything she could do for us.
I could tell by the large dumpster outside the hotel that they are renovating and carpet is being replaced, that doesn't excuse the filth. When we walked in the first time there was an odor in the lobby, the second time I was done there I was greated with the heavy perfume air freshener scent that the room was marinated in. The elevator probably hasn't been cleaned since 1985, it was disgusting. I'm shocked by the postive, glowing reviews left by others. I'm not a high maintenance person and wasn't expecting The Ritz, but this place was beyond nasty. I have never left a hotel before, especially knowing I wasn't getting my money back. There are plenty of inexpensive mom-pop type places that are older and cheap that are CLEAN that are much more worth your time, don't waste your money on this place when there is so much better in the area in the same price bracket.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
MicrotelManager28915, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Pigeon Forge, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Ms. chelchik

I want to take this opportunity to apologize for the poor service
you received during your stay at the Microtel of Pigeon Forge.
Your experience with our hotel was not the quality of service
that we have promised to provide to our guests. Our Microtel
promise is something that we strive to deliver to every guest every
day. There is no excuse that our staff did not fulfill that promise in
your case. We are updating our hotel, please come back and see the improvements.
Please accept our apologies.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at this Microtel Inn & Suites in Pigeon Forge and loved it! Our spacious room was very nice and clean. The bed was so comfortable and there was a window seat we could also relax in and enjoy the sunshine. The staff, especially Danny, was so nice and helpful. We would definitely stay there again when we go back to Pigeon Forge to see Eddie Miles at Memories Theatre. Eddie recommended this place to us and he was right about how much we would enjoy it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed at this inn on the weekend when we were in Pigeon Forge for the opening of Eddie Miles show at Memories Theatre. It was a last minute reservation and I was so pleased how well I was taken care of. I talked with Dan, the manager, and he was more than happy to get me a room. The room was neat, clean, beds were so comfortable that I didn't want to get up and the breakfast was very sufficient. I will definitely be staying there again and recommend it highly.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo