“Great stay.”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Pigeon Forge
Ranked #26 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We have just stayed at Microtel Suites in Pigeon Forge, Tn and it was great. The room was very nice and clean. The breakfast was good and they had a good selection. Would definitely stay again. The location was great. It was also pet friendly.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,532)

Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

I just drove up & didn't book a room prior to arriving. We saw the exterior & thought it would be nice like the one where we live in SC, which is the Ritz Carlton, compared to this place. Something told me to ask the clerk to see the room prior to booking. The room had a really bad stench & I couldn't place that horrible smell, had no clue what it could've been. It was 3 in the morning, I was tried & wouldn't stay in this place. The clerk was really nice & I alerted him about the smell. Left there & went to the Holiday Inn down the street.

• Stayed: August 2012
Microtel313, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Pigeon Forge, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2012

Dear Guest

I'm very sorry for your recent stay. My name is Dan Karnes, I'm the Front office manager of Microtel Suites. Please let me first say that we are under new management, and are working very hard to fix some of the underlying issues in our hotel. Please let me know what I can do to fix this issue, I am very dedicated to working with any issues and fixing them the best way possible. Please let me know what I can do to understand this issue further.

Dan Karnes-F.O.M
Microtel Suites
865-453-1116

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Had a great experience. I can't wait to come back next year! The place was very clean, rooms were excelent, staff were first class, and location was perfect for our vacation stay. I recommend everyone to stay there.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed August 9, 2012

This was a great place to stay!!
The rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful!!
We stayed a total of three days, two nights.
There was a kitchenette area in our room with a sink, frig, and microwave.
The motel also served a breakfast and has washer/dryer service on site.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We had an awesome stay at the Microtel. The staff was exceptionally friendly and was ready to assist us w/ anything we needed. The included breakfast is delicious for the whole family. The rooms were spacious and clean. The location is very easy to find. I would definitely like to revisit!

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Start out with the wonderful welcome we received at check-in. All our questions were answered and the hotel staff was ready to help out with any suggestions of things to do or places to go. The location was perfect for any direction you wanted to go in the Smokey Mountain area. The room was set up like a small apartment with 2 queen beds and a pull out sofa, but you still had enough room to move around and not feel cramped. It was very clean and equipped with enough towels/washcloths/etc. The morning breakfast that is offered was nice if you are looking to grab a bite before heading out the door for the day. The pool was a great addition as it wasn't too terribly big, but big enough to swim with our children and other guests we met while we stayed. The ability to wash clothes was a nice feature as well if you want to get laundry out of the way before you go home(which is the case with me always). I would definitely recommend this place to anyone for a future stay if you are looking for a great deal, friendly service, and comforts close to home.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

I chose this hotel because they are one of the few hotels in the area that offer State Gov Discounted Rates. I have stayed in other Microtels and thought this one would be the same. Upon arrival, the American clerk working the desk was very friendly and nice. The un-American owner working beside her did not even look up to welcome us as guests. The entry way and lobby needs to be mopped and vaccuumed. This should be done daily, but was never done while we were there. It ruins the look of the hotel right when you walk in. When we got to our room, we checked the sheets and beds and linens. One set of the sheets had stains, we asked the clerk to have them changed, and she kindly did. The carpet in the room had been vaccuumed right down the middle, with no attention taken to corners or edges up against the wall. The bathroom looked clean, the only thing I noticed was that when the hotel was painted, the painters let paint splatter on the toilets, sinks, and fixtures, which makes them look dirty, but when you go to wipe them off, you realize its dried paint. My son enjoyed the small pool and it seemed clean. The only problem was the stack of broken chairs just left out beside the pool. If they were broken they should have been gotten rid of, not kept and stacked up to trash up the place. The first morning we woke to a very annoying beeping every few minutes. We realized we were right beside the breakfast area and it was the waffle maker. It was a good thing we hadn't planned to sleep in, because it would have been impossible with the noise. The continental breakfast is horrible. We tried waffles, cereal, toast, and bagels and they all seemed stale and the milk was warm. Also, no one cleans the tables or breakfast area so it seems dirty unless you are the first to arrive to eat. We ended up checking out a day early and will not return to this hotel. We will be sticking to Holiday Inn as they always seem to go above and beyond to look nice and stay clean and give State Government Rates!