“Wonderful Experience!! :)”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Pigeon Forge
Ranked #26 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Start out with the wonderful welcome we received at check-in. All our questions were answered and the hotel staff was ready to help out with any suggestions of things to do or places to go. The location was perfect for any direction you wanted to go in the Smokey Mountain area. The room was set up like a small apartment with 2 queen beds and a pull out sofa, but you still had enough room to move around and not feel cramped. It was very clean and equipped with enough towels/washcloths/etc. The morning breakfast that is offered was nice if you are looking to grab a bite before heading out the door for the day. The pool was a great addition as it wasn't too terribly big, but big enough to swim with our children and other guests we met while we stayed. The ability to wash clothes was a nice feature as well if you want to get laundry out of the way before you go home(which is the case with me always). I would definitely recommend this place to anyone for a future stay if you are looking for a great deal, friendly service, and comforts close to home.

There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Pigeon Forge

Reviewed July 27, 2012

I chose this hotel because they are one of the few hotels in the area that offer State Gov Discounted Rates. I have stayed in other Microtels and thought this one would be the same. Upon arrival, the American clerk working the desk was very friendly and nice. The un-American owner working beside her did not even look up to welcome us as guests. The entry way and lobby needs to be mopped and vaccuumed. This should be done daily, but was never done while we were there. It ruins the look of the hotel right when you walk in. When we got to our room, we checked the sheets and beds and linens. One set of the sheets had stains, we asked the clerk to have them changed, and she kindly did. The carpet in the room had been vaccuumed right down the middle, with no attention taken to corners or edges up against the wall. The bathroom looked clean, the only thing I noticed was that when the hotel was painted, the painters let paint splatter on the toilets, sinks, and fixtures, which makes them look dirty, but when you go to wipe them off, you realize its dried paint. My son enjoyed the small pool and it seemed clean. The only problem was the stack of broken chairs just left out beside the pool. If they were broken they should have been gotten rid of, not kept and stacked up to trash up the place. The first morning we woke to a very annoying beeping every few minutes. We realized we were right beside the breakfast area and it was the waffle maker. It was a good thing we hadn't planned to sleep in, because it would have been impossible with the noise. The continental breakfast is horrible. We tried waffles, cereal, toast, and bagels and they all seemed stale and the milk was warm. Also, no one cleans the tables or breakfast area so it seems dirty unless you are the first to arrive to eat. We ended up checking out a day early and will not return to this hotel. We will be sticking to Holiday Inn as they always seem to go above and beyond to look nice and stay clean and give State Government Rates!

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I reserved a pet friendly room from Friday, July 20 to Sunday, July 22nd. I was traveling with my highly trained certified pet partner. The room I was given was on the first floor and as soon as I opened the door, the smell of dog urine hit you right in the face. I said something to the lady at the front desk and asked for some spray. Those are the pet friendly rooms. The sofa was so dirty and stained, I would not sit on it without first putting a towel on it. The carpet was nasty, so I always had shoes on. The tub wasn't even clean and the smoke detector was hanging out of the ceiling. And for good measure, there was no iron. The people were nice, but just because we travel with pets or service dogs, or therapy dogs, does that mean we have to stay in filthy rooms? I have always traveled with my dog and have never had to stay in such filth and can assure you, I won't again. The hotel I was originally going to stay in was booked. I have photos of the room and was not the only consumer to have complaints of this nature. Actually, I believe their room may have even been worse. Like I said, the people at the desk were nice, but they don't own the hotel and I will be filing a complaint woth the corporate office regarding this issue.

• Stayed: July 2012
Microtel313, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Pigeon Forge, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2012

Dear Guest

I'm very sorry for your recent stay. My name is Dan Karnes, I'm the Front office manager of Microtel Suites. Please let me first say that we are under new management, and are working very hard to fix some of the underlying issues in our hotel. Please let me know what I can do to fix this issue, I am very dedicated to working with any issues and fixing them the best way possible. Please let me know what I can do to understand this issue further.

Dan Karnes-F.O.M
Microtel Suites
865-453-1116

Reviewed July 3, 2012

I was not sure what we would have when we got there. I was suprised it was clean , the pool was small but it was ok , the breakfast was really good' I booked this with my points so it was free some times you get a crapy room or that has happen to me before. The staff was awesome very helpful and nice. The only thing it was not as close to Pigeon Forge as I thought but I will stay there again. we had a suite that would sleep 7 without being cramp up.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our stay very much- the room was like a small apartment! It was very clean and neat. All of the staff were very nice and pleasant, they really made us feel comfortable, in fact we didn't want to leave so we booked it for another nite! We love going to the country music shows, they are right down the road and very convenient to get to. We adopted a small "rescue" dog that had been abused- we didn't want to leave her at home so we had to get a "pet friendly" hotel. This was our first experience with a pet and we felt so at ease having her here with us. We will definitely stay here again- in fact next month!

Room Tip: Second floor rooms facing highway- great view!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Rooms are filthy, air cond, broke,smells of pee, NEON green walls, screens torn, windows broken,bulbs out,hair on pillows, old tv, paneling,disgusting, not worth the money! Please beware!! No refunds!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
Reviewed May 12, 2012

My stay at Microtel Suites at Music Road Pigeon Forge, TN was wonderful. The staff was so helpful and nice. The room was perfect, even had a Jacuzzi. I loved the free breakfast, it was more like a breakfast buffet. Everything was modern, clean and comfortable, just like home. TV reception was great. I would definitely recommend this Suites and plan on staying here every time I return to Pigeon Forge.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family