“What's the problem???”
Review of Country Cascades

Country Cascades
Ranked #17 of 92 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Reviewed January 8, 2010

After booking this hotel for 3 nights around New Years, I read the reviews here and got worried. I don't understand all the fuss. When we booked, there were only smoking rooms available. We put in a request for a nonsmoking room if one came available. We knew the hotel was completely book so we did not expect a change. To our surprise, without saying a word, our room was nonsmoking. The staff were courteous and helpful, especially the lady who served breakfast. She was extremely busy, but always pleasant.

Sure, this Country Inn and Suites was not the newest and nicest that I have been to, but we enjoyed our stay and were very satisfied with the room, staff, breakfast, pool, and the value.
We had no problem with the free wireless internet. We did not check out the "workout room." As far as the LADYBUGS.....if you have been to this area during the fall you should know about the Asian Lady Beetles....to quote the NPS.gov page, "Each year on warm, sunny days in autumn, large congregations of Asian lady beetles invade homes, rental cabins, and hotels in the region surrounding the national park."

What's the problem????

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,258)

Reviewed December 29, 2009

We decided to reserve Country Inn and Suites in Pigeon Forge for our Smokies trip because of the great experience we had at CI&S in Gettysburg PA earlier this year. Absolutely no comparison. The room was dated and mediocre -- the bed wasn't level, there were ladybugs in the room and it was reasonably clean, but not perfect. Also, the hotel advertised a "fitness center", which consisted of one treadmill, one recumbent bike in a very small room -- no weights. Also, the breakfast was not very good. Hard boiled eggs were the only protein available. Cheap cake donuts, white bagels, a few kinds of cereal and those make-it-yourself waffles, gross-looking biscuits & gravy as well as (very green)bananas were also included. All in all, if the room had been less expensive in comparison to other nearby hotels, I would have been okay with the value, though I would look for another option next time. However, I saw advertisements for many other similar level hotels all long the Parkway when we arrived, so I started calling around. We checked out after only one night and changed to the Pigeon River Inn. Newer, cleaner rooms for $25/night less.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2009

The hotel was very dirty and in need of massive refurbishing. There were live lady bugs on the windows and ceiling. At night they would fly around the room and land on the tv. The water pressure in the shower was slim to none with rust covering the toilet tissue dispenser. The walls were scuffed up and the carpet had stains. I would never stay here again.

Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank LindaWChicago
Reviewed November 14, 2009

We choose to stay here because of the reputation of Country Inn and Suites. This location does NOT reflect what we have come to expect at other Country Inn and Suites locations!! We checked in to a fireplace/jacuzzi suite. What a disappointment! The hotel is not new, but the disappointing aspect was the upkeep. From the carpet, to the the paint, to the decor, and especially the poor quality mattresses this place needs an overhaul! Our room had a jacuzzi I refused to use, it looked as though it had not been cleaned in months, our shower had hair in it, the skylights had numerous bugs, I could go on, but I will end with saying I paid $150.00 for a 39.99 quality room I would expect to see at a Motel 6, not Country Inn and Suites.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Koralyn
Reviewed October 8, 2009

We stayed at this hotel over Labor Day Weekend. It is in the heart of Pigeon Forge and there are no shortages of restaurants and entertainment around you. The hotel was mediocre - the staff was very helpful though. If you're choosing this hotel because of the free breakfast - don't. Because we were there at a very crowded time, the breakfast line was very confusing and hard to manuever around people. They do have a warm inside pool that my daughter and I enjoyed. I accidently left my feather pillow there. I called to see if they found it and could ship it to me. The woman said that they did find and would ship it. It's been over 5 weeks - I don't think I'm getting it! Oh well - I guess I've learned not to bring my own people on a trip!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2009

This was a very clean hotel that sits off the main road but is close to everything. The hotel does need to update its carpet, decor and other areas but is well worth the rate. The breakfast was great with more than expected choices. The staff was very friendly. The pool and spa very nice also. The in room internet was slow and worked only at times.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2009

Our room was both comfortable and clean no complaints there. But I have to agree with some of the other writers when they say kids were everywhere. We could not enjoy the pool because there were a ton of kids. They were splashing water, diving in the pool and they kept filling up the hot tub. I knw kids will be kids but it's up to the parents to discipline them and teach them to be respectful towards others. However, if you are looking for a great rate and convenience this is the hotel for you. Dnt knw if I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family