“Very pleasant stay for us”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Country Cascades

Country Cascades
Ranked #16 of 90 Hotels in Pigeon Forge
Christiansburg, VA
“Very pleasant stay for us”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary trip. We enjoyed our stay, while there were 3 buses of High School students, you would never know it when in our room or anywhere on the property, the students all seemed well mannered and behaved. The rooms were very quiet, the breakfast area was very clean, the food was wonderful & Lavon made the BEST omelettes for us both mornings, She was so friendly & gave us some great pointers for restaurants in the area, the other young lady that was cleaning up the breakfast area and stocking the other foods was also so very nice. Bed was very comfortable, there were plenty of towels for our 2 night stay so we skipped housekeeping for our stay, though when I saw them in the hallway they were very friendly and asked if we needed anything since we had our do not disturb sign up.Check in was easy, everyone friendly. The internet service was down, but we were able to use another service close by, so it really wasn't a problem either. Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
SmokyMountainResorts, General Manager at Country Cascades, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to leave a review about your stay. I am very happy to hear you had a wonderful stay. I am glad the youth groups were quiet and did not disturb you. Our deluxe hot breakfast with made to order omelets is very popular and we try to provide many different items to choose from. Lavon sure knows how to make a great omelet! The entire staff here at Country Cascades truly does enjoy taking care of our guests and making sure they have everything they need to enjoy their visit. I do apologize for the Wi-Fi not working. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the Pigeon Forge area. Thank you for being our guest!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

Our room was unswept and bathroom extremely dirty upon arrival. Pink sticky goo was all over the toilet and trash on the floor. The next day, housekeeping came and the result was worse than it was when we checked in. Nothing was cleaned and toilet paper was strung all over the bathroom floor and towels tossed down in a pile. The garbage can was in the middle if the floor with trash in the floor and someone else's hair all in the sink. When we called the front desk, a clerk came up 45 minutes later and cleaned the room because there is not housekeeping or a manager there at night, just 2 desk clerks. The next day we had to wait to see the manager who told me all about being understaffed, trying to fire the housekeeping lady for weeks and actually firing the assistant manager the week before. Then she took off 16.00 a night off my stay for my trouble. Very unprofessional in the information provided to a guest. I sent a complaint to the address on the website without a response. Imagine that! Hope you have better luck than my family if you choose this hotel!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Jmint2
SmokyMountainResorts, Guest Relations Manager at Country Cascades, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
We want to thank you so much for your comments. Your opinion “does” matter to us, and we are listening. We are so thankful that the desk clerk came and cleaned the room. We want each and every room to be spotless upon arrival and throughout the stay. We have investigated the issues that you mentioned and are taking corrective action. I hope to see you soon so that you can see the improvements that have been made.
Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

The Penthouse Suite has it's pros and cons. Our's had a comfortable King bed in each upstairs room (we were expecting Queens so that was a nice surprise) There was more than enough space for our family of 5. On the downside, the spiral staircase was very rickety and and the sleeper sofa was old, uncomfortable to sit on and had a few holes in the fabric. I don't see how anybody could sleep on the sleeper sofa. It was really bad, even by sleeper sofa standards. Fortunately, we brought an air mattress. The Suite has a very tall window and the top part does not have any curtains. This presents a privacy issue for the 1st upstairs bedroom. You can be sitting on the bed and look across the street at another hotel. The only way to have privacy in this room is leave lights off when it's dark outside. That uncovered upper window also lets light in at dawn. The spiral staircase is very narrow and takes a while to go up or down. Consider how often you will need to use these stairs.

The hot breakfast was very good. Everything is good quality for a free hotel breakfast. There was always a line for the made to order omelettes but this is pretty typical for any hotel. The other food options included biscuits and gravy, a single fruit option (changes each day but was bananas one day and apple sause another day for us), donuts, waffles, a few cereal choices, bread and bagels, orange juice and apple juice. The breakfast area was always very crowded but both days during our stay, our family of 5 had no problem getting getting a table and pulling in a 5th chair. Downsides of the breakfast is that everything is not in a central room, it's split up in 3 different adjacent rooms and requires a lot of walking around. it didn't bother our family but if your's isn't capable of "just going with the flow" you might find it irritating.

I would have given this hotel 5 stars had it not been for the poor housekeeping. One of our beds was missing a top sheet. I was hoping they would give us one the next day when they made the beds but they didn't. I had to talk to the front desk. They took one to our room while we were out. It was a for a queen bed, not king so it didn't work out so well. Housekeeping is also stingy with soap (as all hotels in the Smoky Mountain Resorts group are). The bars of soap they give us are smaller than normal what hotels normally are and housekeeping expects you to use it for your entire stay. By the 2nd morning, our soap was in small pieces but they wouldn't leave us a new one. You know, there's a trust that needs to happen with housekeeping. How do I really know we are getting fresh linens on the beds? I don't trust the housekeeping here and it's doubtful we'll return to this resort just because of the housekeeping that doesn't seem to care about the level of service they provide.

The pool was always crowded during our stay and we don't like the fact the the pool area is not well lit. With it being so crowded and poorly lit, it was slightly difficult to keep track of our children. Towels were in short supply but the front desk generally did a good job of keeping them stocked.

Room Tip: Penthouse Suites have upper windows without curtains which compromises privacy of one of the upstair...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kmomoh
SmokyMountainResorts, General Manager at Country Cascades, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Thank you for leaving a review about your stay. The penthouse suites are very popular. I do apologize for the issues you have brought to my attention. I will have maintenance take care of the sleeper sofa and the spiral staircase. All rooms on the top floor have beautiful vaulted ceilings which also have these high windows. I will research different ways to cover these windows to provide more privacy in the penthouse suites. Our guests love the deluxe hot breakfast with made to order omelets which also includes all of the other normal continental fare. The breakfast area can become very crowded but usually guests come and go very quickly. I do want to sincerely apologize for the housekeeping issues. I will certainly investigate this department and provide extensive training for each individual housekeeper to ensure they understand the level of service I expect them to provide to all of our guests here at Country Cascades. The indoor pool and hot tub can become very crowded at times. I will make sure the lighting is adequate in that area. Thank you again for being our guest and we do hope to see you in the future when you come back to visit the Great Smoky Mountain area.
The Villages, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

This hotel was clean, comfortable and had the usual amenities. The lobby staff was friendly and helpful. A big plus was that this hotel is a block and a half off the Parkway (US 321 / 441) so it was quiet and away from folks out shopping etc. Most hotels like this just offer a continental breakfast but Country Cascades had a hot breakfast including made to order omelets. Unfortunately, they had just one poor lady cooking and about 30 folks in line waiting. We gave up and went for the cook them yourself Belgium waffles.

We stopped and a couple nicer hotels we had used in the past but because it was spring break, they were trying to make a killing on their room rentals. Both were nearly double the price of Country Cascades.

On the negative side this hotel could definitely stand some renovations and upgrades. The housekeeping staff did something rather strange. Even though we only stayed 2 nights they did provide clean towels the second day as we expected but left the used ones in our bathroom and they did not empty the waste baskets even though one was about to overflow.

Being retired and always mindful of cost, we would stay here again.

Room Tip: This hotel is 7 stories and we were on the 6th floor on the front side which provided nice views of...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for reviewing Country Cascades. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. The staff here really enjoys their job and taking care of our guests. Our deluxe hot breakfast with made to order omelets is very popular and we try to provide many different items so our guests are able to find something they will enjoy. I do apologize for the line being so long at the omelet station. We do try to keep our rates competitive with comparable hotels throughout Pigeon Forge. I am investigating the issue with housekeeping service you have brought to my attention. I will make sure the housekeeping staff receives more training so there are no issues in the future with the quality of service our guests have come to expect. Thank you again for being our guest and we do hope to see you in the future when you come back to the Pigeon Forge area.
Bristol, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

booked two nights ,stayed only one. this hotel room was clean,no shampoo,coffee pot leaked all over the top of the refridgerator where it was sitting,no microwave in room and the room was small. the bathroom was fine. wifi did not work at all. indoor pool very cold.the hot tube would not stay primed and looked slimmy.breakfast omlets were cooked in a darkened hallway. would not stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
SmokyMountainResorts, Guest Relations Manager at Country Cascades, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Thank you for taking time out of your day to review our hotel. The concerns you have raised about your room and amenities have been addressed and proper action has been taken to prevent reoccurrence. At Country Cascades we strive to ensure that our guests have the best vacation possible by providing accommodations that exceed their expectations. Anything less than a 100% satisfaction is not acceptable; please accept our sincere apologies. We would love a chance to make this situation right and hope to speak with you personally regarding your recent experience. Thank you again for your time and look forward to hearing from you.
Ida, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

Made my reservation on 1/29/2013 for 6 nights (from 3/28/2013 - 4/3/2013). I recieved a confirmation # & they charged for the 1 night deposit. When we arrived after midnight on 3/28/2013, we were told we did not have reservations and the hotel was booked!!!! Went to the car to get the confirmation we printed and took it back in to be told that they couldn't find the reservation because they moved us hotels. So, after midnight we have to go to the other side of town because they chose to send us to a "sister" hotel!!!!! We get there & the pool is outside. We chose to stay at Country Cascades AGAIN, because it had an indoor pool and a full hot breakfast with omelettes. They tried to book us at another hotel with a continental breakfast. Have to explain it to a 4 year old that people are inconsiderate and even though you pay for something they change your reservations is not easy!!! REAL NICE THING TO DO TO A RETURNING CUSTOMER!!!!!! Was told at the front desk at that we will be receiving a phone call the following day from management and even left a #, but of course, no call! Was never offered anything, not even a discount! They then put us in a hotel that we had only luke warm water for 2 days and was told they would look into it, but may be because the hotel was full and hot water was being used. I will make sure to post it on all review sites!!

Room Tip: Do not book at this hotel! They canceled our reservations and rebooked us elsewhere. They do not t...
Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank JamesnWendyHeadley
It is disappointing to learn of your recent experience at Country Cascades. We are investigating this incident and would love to speak with you personally regarding your stay to obtain details about your reservation. As a returning guest, you know this type of situation is not typical of Country Cascades and we hope to rectify this situation for you. Your willingness to offer us feedback is greatly appreciated and we hope to hear from you soon!
Cookeville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

We checked in on a tues night the free wifi wasn't working so we were told they were working on it. Two hours later they were still working on it... 6 hours later they were working on it... The next day around 10am they were still working on it. Than the water dept showed up and turned the water off during my shower... For over a hr they were still working on it. The front desk just kept giving the same answers over and over they are working on it. So I asked the main company to move us to another hotel because my family was hungry and no one had showered an I still had soap in my hair. It was. Nightmare here!!!! I won't be back !!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Peggie H
SmokyMountainResorts, General Manager at Country Cascades, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for taking time to leave a review. I want to apologize for the issue of not being able to connect to the Wi-Fi. Occasionally, our internet provider experiences difficulities. We are also very disappointed that the water company came at this time to install a new meter that disrupted your stay. I was unaware the water was going to be turned off and unfortunately we were unable to notify all the guests. We are glad we could upgrade you to one of our sister properties and we hope you enjoyed the rest of your visit to Pigeon Forge.