New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices
“Wonderful cabin, great vacation”
other travelers have booked this property
Walkway & Garden Mountain Room Futon
Mountain Room - Smoky Bear Metal Wall Artwork - Closeup of Bear
Living Room - Queen Sleeper Sofa
Living Room with Woodburning Fireplace
Living Room - Relax in the Jacuzzi
Living room w/fireplace and jacuzzi
Aspen Log Bed for your night's slumber!
Bedroom loft with closet and 1/2 bathroom
NOTE:  Stove/Fridge replaced 7/11 - Stove is now a smooth surface.
Updated Flattop Stove
Porch
Mich-ee says 'Ready to Relax - Book Today!' - The cabin is DOG friendly
View from front deck
View of back of cabin
Tree marks boundary on left of cabin
Tree marks boundary on right of cabin
Left side yard with grill
View from road above depicting room to play!  Cabin is circled.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

5 of 5 bubbles Excellent - based on 13 reviews

Reviews from our community

TheDWs
Columbus, Ohio, USA
“Wonderful cabin, great vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012 for a stay in September 2012
people found this review helpful

My husband, my dog, and I visited Hunker Down the last week of September/first week of October. I had read all of the visitor reviews on Trip Advisor and Flip Key and had looked at all of the pictures that the owners had posted. I had very high expectations of the cabin prior to our arrival due to all of the praise it had gotten and the appearance of the property in the pictures. My expectations were met if not exceeded once we got there!

The cabin is very cozy and welcoming. Our doggie also warmed right up to the place. Everything was very clean and working properly. You could tell that everything was maintained very well. I loved looking at all the different styles of finishing on the wood used throughout the interior and on the porch. The porch was absolutely lovely and we spent quite a bit of time on the swing and the rocking chairs. The hot tub was also very enjoyable. We also found that the kitchen was fully equipped and even had some things furnished that I would've never thought to cook with while on a trip.

I would agree with the other reviews that the location is the perfect distance from the tourist towns in the area. A short drive, 15 min or less, and you can be in Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg but once back at Hunker Down you'd never know it!

We had a great time and loved our stay. We'd love to make a return trip sometime, maybe during a different season just to see some different scenery.

There are only two items that I'd bring up to anyone thinking of staying in Hunker Down. First, if you are looking for daily cleaning & turn down services this is not the place for you. This is more of a DIY vacation spot. Secondly, I would recommend making sure that the vehicle that you are taking has pretty decent brakes & tires, but then again you should probably always do that when traveling!

3 of 5 bubbles Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 bubbles Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 bubbles Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 bubbles Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 bubbles Service
Liked best: Mostly everything
Liked least: Bed mattress-too firm
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
KasieLoo
Richmond, Virginia
“convenient & cozy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012 for a stay in August 2012

What a cozy cabin. Very clean & comfortable. We especially loved the wrap around porch. The girls had a great time watching the big TVs & playing Wii. They enjoyed the jacuzzi in the living room. We also took advantage of the private hot tub on the side porch. The kitchen is fully equipped & the washer & dryer spoiled me. Very nice. The location is far enough from the hustle & bustle to enjoy the quiet & close enough for it to be convient to the fun. The only thing I would change is the crazy hill you have to go down to get to the cabin. It was OK in the summer, but I don't think we would stay in the winter. There is no way I would attempt that major incline in the snow & ice. Owners were awesome to work with & we loved out stay!

5 of 5 bubbles Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 bubbles Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 bubbles Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 bubbles Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 bubbles Service
Liked best: amenities
Liked least: the road to the cabin
Traveling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Linn
Traveling group: Other
Your age range 45-54
Management Response
Jun 29, 2011
I are very pleased that you had a great vacation and was able to enjoy the winter environment and the cabin! Please let us know when you would like to come back. We will give you a repeat guest discount! Thanks again, Marian and Mason
fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2011 for a stay in November 2010
5 of 5 bubbles Value 5 of 5 bubbles Rooms
5 of 5 bubbles Location 5 of 5 bubbles Cleanliness
5 of 5 bubbles Check in / front desk 5 of 5 bubbles Service
Your age range 45-54
Management Response
Jun 28, 2011
Thank you Liz for the review and very pleased that you enjoyed our cabin as much as we do! Please let us know when are planning to come back up and we will give you a repeat guest discount! Regards, Marian and Mason
Make Inquiry
Enter dates for more accurate prices
Any
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing