“Not the best.....”

Cuisines: Fast Food
Seaford, Virginia
“Not the best.....”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

We ordered the half pound cheeseburgers, I cant remember what they called it, everything has a title but there is only a few items to choose from. The hamburgers did not have a lot of flavor, even when all the extras were added (they have a bar where you add the fixins). We waited in a long line, the place was packed but the tables emptied out rather quickly so getting a table was no problem. I just did not think the food was worth the price (about $9.50 for hamburger and fries--also not very good). I would not eat there again.

Manchester, Ohio
“Very good burgers!”
Reviewed December 27, 2011

This well decorated restaurant located in Dollywood is really good. The burgers are really good and you can fix them like you want. It was a great place for us to visit after being out in the hot sun all day. Give this place a visit if you like "fast food" type style.

• Visited June 2011
Paragon, Indiana
“OMG best burgers!!”
Reviewed December 12, 2011

EAT HERE! do not miss this one!! Burgers are great & they have a "fix it anyway you like it" bar complete with sauteed mushrooms & onions!!!!

Visited December 2011
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Reds is a great place to eat at Dollywood, but can be expensive. Look for the coupons in tourist magazines for the best deal. Nothing fancy here, grilled burgers, hot dogs and chicken sandwiches. They have a great "fixin's" bar which has things to top your burger, hot dog or chicken with. Be prepared to wait in long lines.

The best value here is the 2 chocolate chip cookies for $1. Don't miss them. All in all, I recommend it.

Visited November 2011
Woodstock, Georgia
“Just remembered why I DON'T like going here.”
Reviewed September 23, 2011

My family & I are season-pass holders at Dollywood. We're thoroughly enjoy the atmosphere and service, as well as the food. But some reason, in times past, Red's Diner doesn't fit this pattern. Its been a while since we've been so this past trip, we went. Now I remember.
Red's is highly inflexible and highly restrictive.
First, I couldn't upgrade my drink from a Coke product to a milk-shake. I had to buy the shake separate. The cashier refused to do this usual practice thats done in other restaurants. This put me off but, so be it.
Next, I go to pay. I use Amex. Not Visa nor MasterCard. The cashier tells me no Amex. What the he!!. I'm spending over $30 and due to a couple dollars interchange fee, you won't accept it. Now I'm getting irritated.
Lastly, the burger is not a true burger but one of those you'd buy at McDs or other fast-food places. For the money I'm paying and the restrictiveness placed on us, I expect something more of quality. Further, its wasn't cooked completely, showing the "filler" in the burger that qualifies it more for fast-food junk places.

Soooo, I stocked-up on the fixin's bar as a side-salad, finished, and left. The meal was pitifully small, undercooked, and not worth the value. As I walked out, I threw away the other Red's Diner coupons.
This is NOT a place I'm returning-to when we go back to the park.

If you're hungry & looking for good food, I liked Aunt Granny's and Miss Lillians. Both are very good, but, watch-out for the "chicken" outfit. I've been caught a couple times wearing it.

• Visited September 2011