“NOT a review of the TOMB itself, our experience of NOT seeing it”

Tomb Egyptian Adventure
Book In Advance
More Info
$13.99*
and up
Tomb Egyptian Escape Game in Pigeon Forge
Ranked #26 of 89 things to do in Pigeon Forge
More attraction details
Owner description: TOMB takes your group deep into an Egyptian tomb for 45 minutes of excitement. Guests find themselves trapped by the spirit of an ancient Pharaoh, faced by ingenious challenges that must be completed for any chance of making it out alive! Your group must work together to find success in this battle of wits, or face the Pharaoh's wrath. If you fail, you may never escape!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“NOT a review of the TOMB itself, our experience of NOT seeing it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Hello, First of all, I need to let you know that we never actually went IN to the TOMB. My husband and I LOVE egyptian themed attractions. We've been to museum exhibits and read many books. We were SO thrilled to see this new attraction in Pigeon Forge since our last visit 2 years ago! We even received tickets before we arrived. We looked at their website and it stated that It is open until 10pm daily during peak season, but no alternate hours were posted. My husband and I just returned Friday from Pigeon Forge (the day of the Dolly Parton parade through town). We have NO clue when peak season is. We went right at 7pm Wednesday night. Everything was locked up! While waiting outside thinking someone would eventually come out, 10 other people came and went, hoping to enter the attraction as well. We called the number and no info was given pertaining to closing early. In fact, the hours were given as 10pm. My husband left a message. We waited 15 more minutes and still nothing so we left and decided to come back the next day. We arrived at 10am the next morning with certainty they would be open. We went inside and were told a school group of 80 were there and we would have to leave and come back after 2pm!!! They said tours go every 15 minutes and that the school group would take that long. We told them about our experience the night before and they stated that they close at 8pm during off peak times. We told him we understood, but that we were that at 7pm and it was still closed. They said it must have been dead so they closed even earlier. It's funny it was SO dead, because over a 15 minute period of us waiting there the night before 10 other people (not an exaggeration, I counted), had tried to get in as well. My husband and I left, and planned to return later. Keep in mind, we have a 4X4 dodge and were staying in a cabin way up on top of the mountain, which was a 15+ minute drive to this attraction. The gas cost is crazy to haul that thing! We came back just shy of 4pm and were sure the school group would be through. The guy at the ticket counter said they were gone, but that a group just entered and another tour wouldn't start until 5pm! Now, he wanted us to wait another hour when earlier he said tours start every 15 minutes (the website states this as well)! I am an extremely easy going person, and rarely complain about anything, but I WAS HOT! We had heard the day before that the people that own the TOMB also own the Firehouse putt putt across the sidewalk. I went over there and talked to the ladies working there. They were not the owners or managers but were sooooo sweet and apologetic. They said this happens frequently. They offered us free Putt Putt and called the managers at MagiQuest because they are part owners of the Tomb. They asked us to drive there and speak with them. We did. I believe the managers names (i have them in my purse since they gave me their card) were Angela and Jeremy. We told them the whole story and they were very apologetic and wanted to make it right. They offered us tickets to all their attractions (to make a day of fun with them) but we were leaving in the morning. They refunded our Tomb tickets and gave us their business card and told us to call or email them when we return to town so that they could give us all the attraction tickets for free to make up for the inconveniences we'd experienced. I informed them that they need to change their website hours or list something that states hours are subject to change and that tours do not necessarily go every 15 minutes. They should instruct people to call ahead and schedule tours or call about hours. They stated they would do so. So while we did NOT get to see this attraction and were very disappointed, we understood this is definitely not peak season in Pigeon Forge and must plan to be inconvienced in every way during our stay. (I'm joking). We had an AMAZING experience with the management and appreciated their genuine care about all our inconveniences that we had experienced. We will definitely return to these attractions and the TOMB when we come back next April, but most definitely will call ahead and schedule a time! =) This review is not a negative one, just a heads up to call ahead so you do not experience the run around we had.

Visited May 2013
4 Thank medicswife97

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Not Too Bad!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

My husband and I were trying to kill time before our dinner show and decided to try the TOMB despite mixed reviews I read. It was only he and I there and we actually enjoyed ourselves. We were the last tour of the night and he did say he felt a tad rushed by the girl when she gave us hints like she just wanted to go home, but I didn't get that vibe (I was frustrated at some of the puzzles because they were surprisingly difficult to do with just 2 people, so I think the hints were more for my benefit). She was funny and stayed in character really well, which I was impressed with since it was just my husband and I- made it more enjoyable. Probably wouldn't go again, but would be a lot of fun to bring younger kids (8-13 ish) and see how they do.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank sandsschaffer
Windsor, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“raining? no problem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

at first my boyfriend and I were a bit iffy about doing this attraction thinking since we were in our 20's we were to old but we went and did it anyways and glad we did! its a group attraction and had puzzles and games and just all together fun and our guides acting and tour guiding did a great job!

Visited July 2012
2 Thank samanthamarie1991
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“We had a good time.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

This place was fun. I thought it was going to be boring but I had a good time. My 5 year old girl was alittle scared but she said she had fun. The guide was definitely on Que! Some ppl thought he was rude but it was all in show.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Titansfan4life
Joplin, Missouri, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great fun and great potential”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

We really have been looking for an interactive type of fun. Something better than sit and be entertained. This attraction fulfills that need. You use your brain and your family or friends! It takes team work and imagination. We were pleased to find this jem of an attraction. It is so simple that everyone can participate and not so simple that anyone is bored. The only reason is I didn't give this attraction a full 5 is it is small. It is over kind of quick. There is lots of potential to grow but not in it's present location.

Visited April 2013