“not the best”

and up
Tomb Egyptian Escape Game in Pigeon Forge
Ranked #26 of 88 things to do in Pigeon Forge
More attraction details
Owner description: TOMB takes your group deep into an Egyptian tomb for 45 minutes of excitement. Guests find themselves trapped by the spirit of an ancient Pharaoh, faced by ingenious challenges that must be completed for any chance of making it out alive! Your group must work together to find success in this battle of wits, or face the Pharaoh's wrath. If you fail, you may never escape!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Newport, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“not the best”
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Our guide was really great but it is definitely not for the 12 and older crowd. Our touring group was all familes with younger children and they took way too many people through at one time. My part of the group is in their early 20s and it made for a horrible experience when the Dad of some snotty kid kept solving the puzzles and letting his kid do everything. It ended up being a complete waste of our money and we probably won't be back

3 Thank local_easttennessean

TaraKY97
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Something besides go karts!”
Reviewed July 13, 2011

We went to the Tomb with three older Teens and had a good time. We heard that smaller groups are better but we had a total of 12 and it was just fine. You get locked in the Tomb and have to solve puzzles to keep moving on. Some may have been a little better with a few less people but not everyone likes to participate so it works out. It could be scary for small children but I heard them offer a refund to someone whose child could not handle it. Our guide was good but he did seem to steer us to the right answer pretty quickly which was not the best experience but I also think if left on our own, maybe it would take too long and the tours would get backed up. We enjoyed working on puzzles and it was something different for a change. If we go again though it will not be soon because now we know the puzzle answers! Also you can not take pictures inside the tomb and there are a few moments of pitch black if that is a problem for some . There was a coupon on the brochure and was priced about the same as most PF go karts and less then other indoor attractions. I think children 9 and up and adults who enjoy puzzles will like this.

Chesapeake, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best Interactive Experience Ever!”
Reviewed July 11, 2011

My cousin and I visit the Tomb and we had a blast! The story and interactivity is very creative and a lot of fun. Of course, our guides Amay and Kyle really made it special. The puzzles within the Tomb were challenging but not so challenging a person could not figure them out. Our guides were great at dropping hints without giving us the answer, (not that we needed many). I loved it so much that I'm going to drag another group of friends there and have them experience it.

Pace, Florida
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“A Great Once Do”
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We happened upon "The Tomb" as we were driving down the Parkway in Pigeon Forge and decided we'd investigate. Upon walking up to the entrance area we were greeted by one of the guides, Brandon who ended up being our guide, and he told us what the attraction was and what is was about. After hearing about it we decided to give it a try.

By the time our tour was ready to start we ended up with about 11 people in our group. There was a maximum of 15 per tour. I was a little skeptical about having that many people in the group as I had checked the place out on TripAdvisor and read some of the reviews stating that anymore then 4 or 5 was too many. We found that not to be the case. Now, if we'd had 15 I definitely think that would've been too many but I think the 11 we had worked out well although you would get to do more if you had less.

Each room you went in to had 3 to 4 tasks that you had to complete to keep 'ole Pharaoh happy and "live." Our tour guide helped us along but he never gave us too much information so we got to figure it out on our own which made it more fun. You could tell that Brandon enjoyed his job and wanted you to have a good time, which we did.

I think the attraction is a great idea but they will have to introduce some additional story lines or changes in plot to make it something you'd want to do again. It would definitely be boring to do the same thing over again but doing it once definitely lets you play out that Indiana Jones we all have inside of us.

If you haven't tried it before I would highly recommend it. The cost was $12.99 per adult and I thought that was a good price for a 45 minute attraction. My wife and I both enjoyed it very much. In the group of 11 that we ended up in there was only one 12 year old and the rest were adults and everyone else seemed to enjoy it as well.

1 Thank bishoparc
Olive Branch, Mississippi
“wonderful”
Reviewed July 9, 2011

Wolfgang was our guide and was great. made it interesting and was very interactive with everyone. When you go I hope you get him. Made it fun for everyone even the young kids. Made sure everyone was part of it.