So what exactly qualifies this place for Presidential award from corporate? This KOA seems to manage the heavy tourist crowds well. After traveling for 17 years on the road staying at KOAs, here's what makes this KOA exceptional:
1. They have a work out room, tho we didn't use it :)
2. Pool - the rock landscape is very nice
3. Grounds are well kept, no overgrown grass or weeds
4. Bathrooms and showers always clean
5. Friendly staff
6. Location. Location. Location. Just down street from Dollywood. Not on busy main strip.
7. Separate kitchen sink and cook stove for cabins
The only bad thing I can say is the front sign didn't stay lit which makes the place easy to pass by in dark of night. We stayed in a two room camping Kabin and had plenty of room, though I can see where the spaces seem tight. Par for the course being in a heavy tourist area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have too many changes for 2015 to list them all! This year we are expanding our recreation and have added a Jumping Pillow, Gaga Pit, Frisbee Golf, New Playground, Cornhole, Tetherball and Planned Activities. If that's not enough to keep you busy, check out our new meeting room for your family or group's event! We also have a new RV and boat storage area. Check out our nee Deluxe Cabins and Camp Sites! Campers also appreciate comfortable campsites along the Little Pigeon River as well as tent sites. Enjoy the NEW zero-entry kiddie pool with a rain tree and new Kamp K9 Pet Park. Explore the area: Start with Dollywood theme park (your hosts offer discount tickets which are cash or travelers checks ONLY). You'll find wild rides, a musical theater, the Dolly Parton Museum, local crafts, shops and restaurants. Cross the road to Dollywood's Splash Country for a load of water fun. Take the city trolley right from KOA to the Dollywood entrance and also through the cities of Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg and Sevierville. There are great musical shows in the neighborhood, including the Dixie Stampede which is a half of a mile from us. The Island in Pigeon Forge offers shopping/entertainment. LeConte Center is less than a mile away. Go skating at Ober Gatlinburg resort's indoor ice rink or hiking in the Great Smoky Mountains. ... more less