“Questionable. We enjoyed the tour but not sure of his credibility.”

Taking Better Photos Tours
Ranked #9 of 20 Tours in Pigeon Forge
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: "Taking Better Photos" is a Smoky Mountain tour company specializing in historical tours in the National Park. We also partner with Gatlinburg Walking Tours Food tour to offer two unique experiences. At each stop on the photo tours, in addition to learning some of our local history from an experienced tour guide and story teller, we practice different settings and tips to improve your photography skills. Seeing the National Park through your camera lens, be it a camera, smart phone, or tablet, is a unique way to experience the park that very few people have the opportunity to do. For more information on the food tours, please see the page for Gatlinburg Walking Tours.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Columbus, Indiana
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Questionable. We enjoyed the tour but not sure of his credibility.”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Not everyone had a camera but he helped everyone that he could. The caravan with about 10+ cars was a little scary. No one got lost and the travel CD really helped. I wish We would have known that having your own camera should have been a prerequisite. He seemed to have pretty good knowledge of the area.
We probably would not reckoned this one very highly. But would not rule this one out for armature photographers.

1 Thank jim r
eastinservices, Owner at Taking Better Photos Tours, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Jim
My policy is "the customer is always right." Since you did not have a good time, it is my intention to do everything in my power to make it right. So here is what I want to do. When you come back, you and your wife have another free tour on me. I will loan you a camera for the camera class, and you can ride with me on the tour so you don't have to drive. If there is anything else I can do, just let me know. God bless you, and I look forward to seeing you again.
Jim

Durand, Michigan
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Proud to share my photos”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Jim Easton is a wonderful teacher. Jim uses a power point presentation and hand gestures to help you get the most out of the class. He is good at getting everyone acquainted with each other. The tours are a wonderful addition to anything you would be doing in the Great Smoky Mountains. Seeing the world though Jim's photographic teaching, I am focusing on the mechanics of taking a good picture while I enjoy the tour.

1 Thank Heidi D
Roswell, Georgia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Photo Seminar and Accessory Purchase”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I attended Jim Eastin' beginning seminar and found it very helpful even though I have taken many photos in the past. Jim made the seminar interesting and provided personal help when needed.

I would like to participate in some of the company's photo and educational tours and recommend them to anyone interested in the history and beauty of the Smokey Mountains. There was no fee for the seminar that I attended; however, there are fees for some of the organizations services. Time required for the services of the organization will depend upon which service is selected. Tours will take longer than seminars.

I had some problem with one of the items that I purchased following the seminar and it was promptly replaced through an e-mail request after I returned home. Taking Better Photos is definitely a good honest organization.

1 Thank Keith S
77 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Great tour and class”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

You go on vacation to see new things and take home memories. You spend countless dollars on hotels, food, and attractions. You snap photos only to get home and realize that they do nothing to capture the beauty of the area. This is the reason we took this class/tour. Jim does a fantastic job of making a complex piece of equipment become more easy to understand and operate. Everything you thought you knew about using your camera will be tossed out the window when you finish his class. If you want to spend a day learning something that will go with you on every future vacation you take, take this class!! It is a great class for beginners and for those who need to unlearn what they think they know!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank 7tammy
Swansea, Illinois
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great class & Tour!”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Learned a lot about using our new digital camera in the class, then went on the "Quiet Mountain Tour" with many stops with opportunities to practice what we just learned in the park! Great class, tons of useful information and well worth the time and cost!

Visited October 2012