“Excellent class”

Taking Better Photos Tours
Ranked #9 of 21 Tours in Pigeon Forge
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: "Taking Better Photos" is a Smoky Mountain tour company specializing in historical tours in the National Park. We also partner with Gatlinburg Walking Tours Food tour to offer two unique experiences. At each stop on the photo tours, in addition to learning some of our local history from an experienced tour guide and story teller, we practice different settings and tips to improve your photography skills. Seeing the National Park through your camera lens, be it a camera, smart phone, or tablet, is a unique way to experience the park that very few people have the opportunity to do. For more information on the food tours, please see the page for Gatlinburg Walking Tours.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed May 5, 2013

This is Carl and my second time taking the class. Such a refreshing way to learn your way around your camera. We took the lunch and driving tour last time, it is great, don't miss it. This time we only took the class as we were short on time. We all use our cameras, why not take better photographs? In one hour you get useful information that will allow you to take great pictures in the Smoky Mountains. These skills can be expanded by buying the CD's. We bought 10 last time, only to misplace them, and two this time. The CD's are so good that we are rebuying the ones that we msplaced as we need to refresh our skills with the CD's. Vacation pictures will be so much better with the help of Jim. Thank you Jim.

2  Thank cj2368

Reviewed May 5, 2013

If you are looking for an opportunity to use your digital camera like a pro, Jim will teach you amazing options and get you familiar to all those options on your camera you never knew you had!
I've taken two classes from Jim including his tour through "Cades Cove". Jim gives you so much for your money! Even with the value, you get more than your typical "bargain price" options.
Jim is a very good teacher and is able to explain things in down to earth terms.
I've had exceptional photos since I've taken Jim's class. I'm still amazed at how good my pictures are!
I use a simple, digital camera. It's easy and so satisfying to take photos of some of your precious memories and they come out so well!
Thank You Jim!!

1  Thank Cheryl W
Reviewed May 5, 2013

If you are in the Pigeon Forge area and don't take the time to go along on one of Jim Eastin's "Taking Better Photo's" adventures, you have missed a golden opportunity. It would be my recommendation to do it early during your stay so that you can put to good use what you have learned. You will be rewarded with better photo's and deeper knowledge of a beautiful area.
My wife Beth and I took the class/tour on 4/18 and agree that it was well worth the time and money.

Bill Stroh, Cleveland, Ohio

1  Thank Bill S
Reviewed May 3, 2013

It rained the day I went for my tour but Jim was great in allowing us to do the lesson and lunch half of the tour and come back on another day of our choice for the picture taking half of the tour! The first half was very informative!! Jim explains things so well with power point and 'sign language' to help you remember things! And he's very patient!! ha!! I got a lot of great tips for my vacation I'm getting ready to go on!! Oh! And he has DVDs of all his lessons so you can review and learn more!! Plus, he includes the history of the area!! It was an awesome experience!! I can't wait to go back for the picture taking!! It's raining again this weekend so I have to be patient!! HA!! I highly recommend this photo tour!!

1  Thank meetree
See more reviews
Reviewed April 30, 2013

While staying at a resort in Tennessee, I attended Jim Eastin's digital photography class called 'Taking Better Photos'. It was a beginning level class offered to folks that own point n' shoot cameras. He offers a simplistic approach to understanding the symbols on your camera, what is aperture and how to actually create better photos. Students caught on to his techniques right away and actually 'got it'! Later during the week, he offered a field trip to the Smoky Mountains and gave us assignments to practice what we learned. We made friends within the group and the photo results were amazing!

1  Thank picturethis_48152